1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who wants Snow to dunk on Leslie?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by RC Cola, Aug 8, 2002.

1. RC Cola

RC Cola Contributing Member

I'll come out right now and say I don't like the WNBA. I haven't seen any games in their entirety, but I do go for the Comets. I know about 4 or 5 Comets. That's about it.

Anyway, the Comets are playing the Sparks on ESPN2. I wanted to now if any of you want Snow to dunk on Leslie. I wasn't very impressed by her dunk, and I want her to be dunked on. Anybody else feel the same?

2. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I'm with you. I don't follow the WNBA much either, I might watch a handful of games, and some of the playoffs...but I saw that dunk by Leslie and the way they acted afterwards and it got me riled up. For such a weak dunk with nobody near the basket, that was too much celebration. I think of Leslie as the Kobe of the WNBA. I would love to see a Sportscenter highlight of Snow dunking on Leslie though. They should at least attempt it and see what happens. :)

3. RC Cola

Its halftime now. No dunks. But Snow has guarded Leslie well, and she made her look like a fool once. 28-28. Anybody beside me watching? By the views and posts, I assume I'm not alone in my opinion on the WNBA.

4. kenj28

kenj28 Member

I would love to see that and I do follow the league .And by the amount of fans coming out to se the games I know I.m not alone !

5. RC Cola

Good. I was about to worry that I was probably the biggest fan on the board. Since I can only name maybe 10-15 players in the entire league, that wouldn't be a good thing.

Edit: If anyone cares, Houston won 67-64, but no dunk. Leslie did pull a "Malone" and elbowed a Comet. Might have broke her nose. Pretty boring to me, but was a little exciting near the end.

#5 RC Cola, Aug 8, 2002
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2002
  6. outlaw

outlaw Member

great game. Comets won by 3 without Tina Thompson. Leslie fouled out with 3 mins left. Snow was trying to dunk in the final 5 seconds but there was a defender there. Still the rookie played great.

Many, including myself did not think Snow would be a good WNBA player when she was drafted. I'm glad I was wrong. She is definately the future of this franchise.

7. Stevie Francis

Snow is that man....anyway there will never be a time when a wnba player wil ldunk on another, exception to Margo Dydek she is 7'2. I've seen snow dunk and she gets a lot higher and does it with 2 hands.

8. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I saw the end of the game and I just have to say that Lisa Leslie is a freakin b****. Plays, looks and whines like Karl Malone.

Pretty interesting and entertaining fourth quarter.

9. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

how come this 7'2" chick doesn't dunk? it seems to me she's right there.

10. RC Cola

I am going to be a smart-aleck and say that there are no quarters in WNBA,only halves.:cool: Then again, that is pretty hard to remember.

11. R0ckets03

Smart ass.

;)

12. cujo

cujo Member

Ok WNBA is never going to be like the NBA, but it does not mean it can't be entertaining. The Comets beat the number one team for first place, and home court advantage. They did this without their second best player, and won it on an away game. That's pretty impressive. I hope the Rockets will have the same mental toughness and team spirit that these ladies have. I'm a guy and i love to watch the Comets. I don't know how anyone can see that game as boring. :confused:

13. RC Cola

Ok, I was comparing it to the NBA, which I realized later that I shouldn't have. Considering that probably the most enteraining move in the NBA (the dunk.) is harder to do in the WNBA, I should have been more fair. I was entertained the last 5 minutes or so in the game, but I'm one of those dunk-fans. Sadly, I'd rather watch dunks than perfectly executed plays. :(

14. BubbaMac

BubbaMac Contributing Member

I've actually been to a Comets game at Compaq Center and the crowds there are pretty loud. Reminds me of an ACC college basketball atmosphere. Crowds at Rocket games are dead compared to Comets game.

15. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

You're over exaggerating....dont attack her cause she a powerful fox. Personally I'd love to butter that sweet muffin..and oh yeah I bet she'd give your face a boob plant when she dunks on your fat head.

16. R0ckets03

Thats nasty dude. :eek:

17. BubbaMac

BubbaMac Contributing Member

Speaking of, which Comets player do you think is the hottest? My vote has to go to Tina. ;)

18. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

i concur
    Sheryl's body is UNREAL how fine she is. . beautiful legs.
    coquese use to be a cutie :(

Rocket River