1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Bob Sura sighting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Yonizzel, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Naija Texan

Naija Texan Member

Naw, you know he got his back problems by trying to master pleasing five women at the same time right?

He told me the story, himself last week at a crosswalk. Apparently, he randomly walks up to strangers and reveals stuff like that every other month. I have no proof it was Sura, but heck doesn't it all fall into place?

2. avexhype

avexhype Member

can someone tell me a little bit more about who Bob Sura on the rockets was? What was his style of play and why is he so popular amoung CF.net'ers.

thanks.

(i stopped watching the rockets after 98' and didnt start watching again until i heard about the 22 game winning streak. now a diehard fan :) )

3. Jontro

Jontro Member

I think we've all seen Bob at Memorial Park jogging. I saw him several seasons ago jogging there with 2 chicks, one on each side. I was with my gf and we called his name and he just brushed us off.

I'm not a big fan of Sura -- as a person or as a player.

I know he heard us but he probably doesn't even remember... I'm not surprised he doesn't remember that.

I only wanted to ask his opinion about going to college or jumping straight to work. He pretty much didn't say anything.

4. H-townhero

H-townhero Member

i c wut you did there :p

5. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

he was our rugged PG during the first Yao/Tmac year, he wasn't accepted at first because he was playing PG but was a SG his whole career.

probably the play that stuck out the most was Game 6 of the Mavs Playoff series where Josh Howard fouled Yao HARD when he went for his arm instead of the ball. later in the game, Sura INTENTIONALLY fouled Howard, literally tackled him and went up to his face, having words for him for the hard foul he gave Yao

he was our enforcer, but at the same time, there was beliefs on here, that he never like passing to Yao, at least with the YOFs of the board

he only played one year here, but was a fan favorite and everybody loved the dude

6. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Sounds familiar.. seems like VSpan is the only Rockets PG I can think of who wasn't faulted for this.

7. thaidizzle

thaidizzle Member

my sister said that she's been to bobby sura's house to party before. he has a green lambo and an asian roomate.

8. Jontro

Jontro Member

He has a roommate??

Do ask your sister how much it is to rent one of his rooms.

9. thaidizzle

thaidizzle Member

Yes he has a roomate. must be his bestfriend.

10. BrownBeast99

BrownBeast99 Member

Just curious, is there any video clip on the internet of that incident during the playoffs? I would love to see it.

11. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Rafer was a good passer to Yao

12. Rocketman81

Rocketman81 Member

I saw him a few years back, when he was trying to make it back from his last back injury, at Pinches in Clear Lake. He was with his brother and some other guy. He pulled out a roll of cash and handed me a hundred and said to buy shots and start passing to back to whoever. Girls started flocking around and I couldnt talk to him much after that. I talked to his brother for a lil bit though.

13. MandM's

MandM's Member

that team was the best! tough. we have nothing even close to that now (maybe scola....maybe).

14. DreamRoxCoogFan

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

i was at sawyer park. did not see him.

16. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

haha i remember that. at the freethrow line too.

17. bigboymumu

bigboymumu Member

He was at Nox celebrating his birthday last night! He is a very nice guy. Chase Budd was sitting at the next table. I saw Tori Wilson, bunch of the Texans.... Crazy

18. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/On3mcD7LSaE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/On3mcD7LSaE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Old skool R2K highlights :)

19. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

The crowd was so alive and excited. Man that series hurts just as much as the 07 series.

20. YallMean

YallMean Member

Mandatory: Did he faint?