1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hilton Armstrong- why is he in the NBA?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BleedRocketsRed, Mar 25, 2010.

1. LifeisButaDream

I just think he need time and confidence.He has the tools to be a solid backup c.

2. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Guys who shouldve been on the roster given yao's injury history. Jordan shouold've been drafted vs dorsey. Amir was traded away like hotcakes and only makes 3m. Gortat is a different story, but will probably get moved this summer.

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

I ask myself this frequently.

He really should have been downgraded to a lower life form by now.

4. Seven

Seven Contributing Member

At least brian cook was likeable.

5. alex09xu

alex09xu Member

man...Just cuz he's black?

6. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

7. mattrbowers

mattrbowers Member

And that's exactly why Armstrong is in the NBA. Because you can still make $50 mil even if you contribute nothing! Sure beats most peoples' paycheck to paycheck existence.

8. Diaw

Diaw Member

the Hornets were very inspired with their draft choices back in 2006 ... 11th pick : H. Armstrong (warming our bench ...), 15th pick : Cedric Simmons (now playing in china ...)

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

You guys just need to realize the rare phenomenon we have in Hilton Armstrong.

It's not every day when you have a player on an NBA roster whose upside is to possibly make a D-league rotation.

10. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

:confused: he was used as a shooter in houston. In fact, his best numbers were under jvg.

Hilton is tease though. He's big, athletic, moves well...but sadly he just can't play.

11. topfive

topfive CF OG

What Armstrong needs is to spend a summer at Fonde playing against Moses.

You arrive as a child and leave as a man.

12. carib

carib Member

After 4 years in the NBA, he needs time? I think if we don't trade him, then we send him to the D league to get some time and confidence.

13. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

At least Cook can score, Hilton Armstrong seems to be lost when playing. I didn't realize how bad Hilton Armstrong is.

14. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

He might be worse than Will Conroy

15. Tango

Tango Contributing Member

Man some of you guys are rough. First it's only been one game. 2nd given his place on the rotation (behind Jeffries & Hill) it's not like they ever expected him to be Yao's backup (he was trade filler). 3rd, you never know. Maybe he never excels, but then again you never know what someone might do with a chance (a la Kurt Warner). Remember a guy named Mario Elie? You never know, Hilton Armstrong may make the most of the opportunity and become our next Junkyard Dog.

Just wanted to put something contrarian out there as opposed to all the dogpiling that's happening on Hilton Armstrong in this thread :grin: .

16. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

My main thought of Hilton Armstrong is Bill Simmon's old draft day quote about him

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/060629

"8:47 -- Hilton Armstrong goes No. 12 to New Orleans. I'm almost positive that was the name of one of Steven Seagal's movie characters in the late-'80s. And if it wasn't, it should have been."

Nothing much after that.

17. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

In HA's case, yes it does. :grin:

18. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Remember how badly Kings wanted, needed a BIG? And they threw HA in to make the deal.

19. t-mac4bigmac

t-mac4bigmac Member

I actually think Armstrong has some skill... he runs well for a big man, above average athleticism, and should be a better shot-blocker than he is now... the thing is though he doesn't quite look in-shape or up to game speed, probably due to sitting on the bench for most of the season... I think he also has a reputation of not being a hard-worker.

20. Someguy1229

Someguy1229 Member

Maybe because he is sneaky?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ljq59M9xXjA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ljq59M9xXjA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>