1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MVP

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by nachbarFTW, Mar 24, 2010.

?

Who is this years MVP?

Poll closed Apr 28, 2010.
  1. Lebron James

184 vote(s)
    61.3%
  2. Kevin Durant

89 vote(s)
    29.7%
  3. Dwight Howard

1 vote(s)
    0.3%
  4. Kobe Bryant

9 vote(s)
    3.0%
  5. Carmelo Anthony

7 vote(s)
    2.3%
  6. Dirk Nowitzki

1 vote(s)
    0.3%
  7. Dwyane Wade

3 vote(s)
    1.0%
  8. Other

6 vote(s)
    2.0%
  1. Rockets1988-

Rockets1988- Member

Lebron isnt going to leave what he has in clevelend for a knicks team in dismay...book it man. Get real!

2. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

1) Lebron James

2) Kevin Durant

Everyone else.

3. T-macsterful1

T-macsterful1 Member

uhhhhhh. I will say the Cav's a little more depth on their bench but look at the talent on the nets roster.

Devin Harris >>>>>> Mo williams
    Courtney lee < Anthony Parker (fundamentally at least, Lee still means a lot to his team and his athleticism, energy and maturity for his age are great)
    Jarvis Hayes.....Lebron...self explanatory
    Jianlian > Jamison (Jianlian has shown flashes this year and is becoming more consistent, the larger more skilled player of the two)
    Brook Lopez > Shaq/big Z/hickson (shaqs a great player but Lopez has really come into his own and shaq is pretty old now.)

Humphries, dooling, and douglas-roberts are the nets only real legit bench players but at the same time that gives them an alright 8 man rotation.

the Cav's worst bench players are Jamario Moon and Leon Powe, they arguably have a bench that is 12 men deep, throw shaq back in to there and now it's potentially 13 men deep if that was allowed.

4. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

What does he have in Cleveland? A bunch of over the hill guys whom he is almost single-handedly carrying? NY is the big market, big money potential. Endorsements, jersey sales through the roof (greater than they are now!). NY has a coach who has a system many people love to watch (even ppl who do not watch basketball right now). They have the cap to get another all-star.

If Cleveland does not win it all this year, I cannot see LBJ staying.

5. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

I agree & disagree. If the Cavs lost LeBron I'd say with the team they have assembled now they'd be in the playoff race, of course they would not be title contenders without him but with Jamison, Mo Williams, Shaq, and Ilguaskas I'd see them being a low to mid playoff team in the East.

Now the Thunder on the other hand would be absolutely terrible without Durant. The only bright spot would be the potential of Westbrook with Green being so up & down with his consistency. If you throw in Oden in the place of KD that team would easily be one of the worst in the West.

If the MVP this year would be based on who the pre season candidates were it would absolutely have to go to LeBron, but if it went by what really mattered (how good the team has become and the win discrepancy from last year to this) it would have to be Durant.

Without Durant the Thunder have nada.

1 person likes this.
  6. alex09xu

alex09xu Member

Jianlian > Jamison ..."more skilled" ?... :confused:

7. BleedRocketsRed

Russell Westbrook>Mo Williams
    Thabo+Harden>Whomever the Cavs have at SG
    Green<Jamison (tho not by much)
    Krstic+Ibaka<Shaq+Ilguaskus

Cavs would probably be better b/c they are in a sorry conference. But their casts are just as strong or weak.

8. BleedRocketsRed

Wow my post got ****ed up

I meant to say:
    Green less than Jamison but not by much
    Krstic+Ibaka less than Shaq+Ilguaskus

9. soinlife

soinlife Member

Lebron

..............................................................................................Durant

10. MaliciousMonkey

Lebron, for years to come!

11. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

That's what it is. I'd like to give this one to Durant but there is only one choice.

I don't understand how the Cavs can be soo good but it is what it is. Anytime you put up 29/7/8 and your team is the best team in the NBA you win the MVP.

Period. Kobe is not even close IMO

12. brosef

brosef Member

lebron.

btw dirk should not even be on that list imo.

13. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

You realize that Jersey is on pace to be the worst team in modern NBA history. Mo Williams, Antawn Jamison, JJ Hickson, Delonte West and Shaq is still a playoff team in the East.

14. Roxdoc

Roxdoc Member

I believe that there is a consensus on lebron as the MVP.. There is no doubt about that.. but Kobe an undeserving second!!!!.. com'on dude.. Personally I do not like the guy and I know I will be getting heat for this but at least admit that he has done a tremendous job this year.. How many game winning jumpers has he scored this season.. Surround Durant with the players in the Lakers, do you think he will shine like that..

Do not get me wrong, I think Kevin Durant IS already a superstar but he has way to go yet to pass Kobe, Lebron or Wade..

And guys please stop the nets/(cavs - lebron) discussion ... They are no match for comparison..

15. RockyChamp

RockyChamp Member

Yea Lebron has it wrapped up

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I can't think of a single sensible argument for anyone other than LeBron James.

17. Shaud

Shaud Member

Please don't tell me I did not just read

YI >>> Jamison

18. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

You did...oh damnn. :eek:

19. Steve_Francis_rules

This whole "Eastern conference is weak" thing really has to stop. Take a look at the standings. This year's standings. Not last year. Not from two years ago. This year.

The best team in the league plays in the East. Four of the top eight play in the East. Seven of the top 16 play in East. Five of the 11 worst teams play in the West. The huge disparity that has existed in the past is pretty much gone.

If the West is so much better and Eastern teams only do well because of their weak conference, tell me why the Cavs winning percentage is essentially identical against Eastern and Western teams.

20. Steve_Francis_rules

Well, Durant plays with no other legit scoring threats, so defenses can focus entirely on him. Kobe plays with Gasol (and Bynum, Odom, and Artest). Yet Durant still scores more points on fewer shot attempts, is better at getting to the line, and makes a higher percentage from everywhere. So I think it would be really interesting to see what he could do offensively if he were surrounded by all that other talent.