1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Lets talk Aggie BBall (sigh)

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Ziggy, Jan 19, 2008.

Tags:
  1. MisterPink

MisterPink Member

Okay Aggies. This is the best chance we've had to make the Elite 8. We couldn't really ask for a better seeding. Purdue is so beatable right now, and Duke in Houston is as much as we could ask for.

Now we just need to figure out a way to bring Acie back. . . .

2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Just got my tickets for the Sweet 16 and Elite 8. Now, A&M's just gotta take care of their end of the bargain. I would be ecstatic we managed to play in even one game in Houston. Two would be a dream.

3. Refman

Refman Contributing Member

I got my tickets as well. I am hoping that we make it that far. If we get to Houston, I believe that we have a good chance of playing on Sunday. I believe that Louisville will beat Duke.

4. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Can you please provide the link for the tickets? Prec it.

5. Egghead

Egghead Member

6. sammy

7. Egghead

Egghead Member

yeah. All Sessions is for two sweet sixteen games on friday and one elite eight game on sunday

8. sammy

Dang. That seems like a steal at the $40/$65 range. I'm wondering if it'll be too far up though.

9. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

The best deal I think (what I got) is the $90 field level - still a reasonable cost for two days of games, plus it's the cheapest to get you in the lower level.

1 person likes this.
  10. sammy

Thanks for the advice. Just bought tickets.

11. Refman

Is anybody else here nervous about this? I keep seeing a lot of experts picking us to lose tomorrow.

12. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

well usu is a darn good team and if today has shown us anything, there is more parity this year than normal

the Ags are going to have to play well to get it done!

13. Rocketfanatic2

After watching all the bracket busters today, I am extremely nervous for us. Deep down, I feel that we will come out on top tomorrow, but it's definitely going to be close the whole way.

14. garrinr

garrinr Member

Our game can go the same way as georgetown and ohio. Ut st shoots threes better than anyone in country, and we have struggled against the zone this year. I hope and pray we win, but i think this is a worse match up than us vs. Purdue or sienna. Oh man im nervous.

Gig em!

15. Rocketfanatic2

Not so nervous anymore. Purdue better be preparing for a tough matchup. We're gonna need Middleton to keep hitting 3's and Walkup to start hitting 3's. Good to see the balanced scoring.

Gig'Em Aggies! Whoop!

16. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Great game ... I really feel Walkup needs to have his minutes limited as he is just making too many mistakes and his shot is not very good.

The Purdue game will be a tough defensive matchup, but I think we can come out on top setting up the big matchup at Reliant! Man I wish I still lived in Houston!

17. Refman

The one thing to keep in mind is that Purdue is a very small team. I believe they only have one guy over 6'6". That guy is their 6'10" center. Hopefully, we will be able to box him out and crash the boards.

Minnesota outrebounded Purdue by something like 15 boards and beat Purdue.

We will have to outhustle them to win. If we take them lightly, we will be going to College Station rather than Houston.

18. GlassHalfFull

GlassHalfFull Member

Stay nervous. I think we do better when the fans are nervous. I have been an Aggie and a fan for a long time, so I know all about being nervous.

On a side note, a player from the high school I work at is going to play at A&M next year. Really neat kid, I am very impressed with him. He plans on majoring in engineering, which may be a tough thing to do while playing basketball. He has promised me tickets next year.

[​IMG]

I took the picture, btw. Really proud of that one.

19. PointForward

PointForward Member

I'm a little worried about Purdue. If you think about it, we didn't play that well against USU, we just got lucky with Middleton and BJ hitting their shots. I think yesterday's game would've turned out quite differently if BJ and Khris shot the ball as bad as they did during the season.

As much as I hate to say this, I think the key to this one is you guessed it, Bryan Davis. My goodness he has been plain awful for as long as I can remember! he is due for a break out game. If defensive monster BD shows up, we're good. If knuckle head BD shows up, we're in deep deep trouble.

I am promised free tickets to reliant IF the aggies make it there, PLEASE MAKE IT THERE AGS! :eek:

20. Refman

I am also worried about Purdue. A couple of things to note:

1. We have a decided size advantage over them and should be able to control the boards.

2. Purdue has not been the same team since Hummel went out.

3. Middleton has been shooting the ball very, VERY well since the last week of the regular season. It may just be that he has found his stroke. If that is true, shooting well seems to be contagious, so our other guys will get good looks.

Gig 'Em.