1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official T-Mac as a Knick Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Feb 18, 2010.

1. engr_alex

engr_alex Member

oops. sorry, my bad.

2. xRod3x

xRod3x Member

yeah

i said this before people hir hate tmac so much becoz he didn't bring championship hir

my question is is he the only player who is playing for the rockets for last couple years?

com'on guys is a team!!

dont blame only a person..

people hir hate tmac so much

well " lol " for all the haters!!

3. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

You should read this to get a better idea.
    http://www.clutchfans.net/news/1545/the_day_t-mac_lost_houston/

4. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Well...it could have been Dikembe Mutombo as SuperBeeKay said. Didn't T-mac get elbowed by Deke in practice?

5. worzel gummidge

Absolutely not. Even before he was injured, McGrady knew how to lay the blame (throwing his teammates under the bus). It didn't help that his fans react the same way by hating on the Rockets (other players, Adelman, and Morey), Clutchfans, and Rockets fans.

It's gotten to the point where anything Tracy McPippen related. This can be the only response...

[​IMG]

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

typical grammar for a tmac fan.

oou my godz, tmak is gooder then kbe

7. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

Only idiots would compare McGrady to Pippen.

Well.... idiots or people who have no idea what they're talking about.

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yup... McGrady should not be compared to Pippen...

Pippen hustled, play defense, won championships, is a hall of famer...etc

McGrady to Jamal Mashburn might be a better comparison for Tracy...

9. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

Did anyone catch the Celtics vs Knicks highlights tonight? I just love how McGrady starts to limp when he has to go catch someone on defense. There were two separate occasions where McGrady had to run down a Celtic on a fastbreak and he started to limp.

Additionally, his defensive effort has been just been pathetic. His half a**ed hand swipes at the ball just show a total lack of professionalism. It reminded me of the effort in the infamous Toronto game when he was with the Rockets.

I have been McGrady apologist for the entire time he was with the Rockets, but now after following him out of curiosity with the Knicks, I have completely turned against him. All of his antics of how he was a 100% and it was the Rockets fault he wasnt playing was just non sense. Now that he is with the Knicks, he comes out says he is not healthy.

McGrady had the talent to be a top five player in the league when playing. He just does not have the heart or the commitment to do what it takes.

1 person likes this.
  10. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

typical banter from a 90's only fan.

vernon maxwell is holier then jesus.

11. engr_alex

engr_alex Member

well, he's coming back from surgery. he limps now and then. and ive never seen tmac sprint after a breakaway fastbreak. it's just how he plays. other players are the same. they just let those plays go. lebron's the only guy i know who consistently run after fastbreaks and gets giddy whenever he blocks the player from behind.

as for the hand swipes? if youve seen his other games, those hand swipes have resulted in steals for himself or by another player. if a player puts the ball where you can just swat it away, what are you gonna do? just stare at it and hope it magically drops from his hands? :rolleyes:

12. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

And what's more Knicks are probably one of the worst teams in the NBA when it comes to defense. They do not defend ANYBODy.

Tracy has been just bad on defense but that is because he just doesn't care, because cach doesn't care,

For me, the first thing Knicks will have to do in the offseason is fire D'Antonio and than try to sign FA

13. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

No, :rolleyes: you actually play defense :rolleyes: like someone who takes pride on the court does :rolleyes: it's obvious that for every matador swipe that results in a steal, being generous, he gives up 10 drives to the basket. And his point wasnt about mclazy being hurt :rolleyes: it was about his mouth talking smack he couldnt back up :rolleyes: but :rolleyes: I :rolleyes: guess you didnt read that........... :rolleyes:

14. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Let me guess...you are posting....sarcastically?

15. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Haha indeed. For fun, try to read what I wrote out loud and do the eye roll wherever it's placed.

16. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

For me it's not about his defensive effort, he was never really known as a defender so i'm fine with that. I think the point the guy was making was that before we exiled him from the team, how many antics and statements did he make saying he was 100% ready to go and the coach just didn't want to play him? How many statements did he make about he was near 100% and hungry and ready to play? Causing drama for the team? That is my issue with him. Now he goes to NY and can have all the playing time he wants and NOW he comes out saying he is not healthy...

As Ed Lover would say: "C'Mon Son! Get the ***** outta here with that bullsh**t! C'Mon Son! C'Mon T-Mac, you knew you were not healthy enough to play, so why you talking all that noise in Houston? C'mon Son! You done Son, sit your a** down somewhere!" hahaha

17. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I only have one question for T-Mac fans as a basketball lover; if T-Mac is so awesome, how come he has burned bridges with EVERY TEAM he has played for? Forget about being a first round bust. Forget all the antics and failed communication with the media. Just answer me this. How did he burn bridges with every team he has played for? Hell, he still gets boos from Toronto and he hasn't played there for about a decade.

18. VBG

VBG Member

How does burning bridges have anything to do with being one of the greatest players in this generation for a limited amount of time?

19. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

VERY limited time. Like 3 years maybe 4. He definitely had the talent, just didn't have the drive that it takes to really be considered one of the best to ever play. I'm not a T-Mac hater either. If you asked his peers they would say the same.

20. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

I predict the Knicks and TMac will have great relationships till the very end. They are perfect matches:

0: big brand name
    1: all talks, no hearts, no pride
    2: all offense, no defense
    3: chronic losers
    4: dream of being a Cinderella, desperately waiting for some superstars to rescue them