1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texan Fan: IF HE COMES CHEAP . . . . . T.Owens?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Rocket River, Mar 17, 2010.

1. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

I think he has definitely lost a step. They attempted so many passes over the top it seemed like just to hit TO rarely. The guy looked slow compared to his former self. But I do think he's still faster than Walter.. I don't think we look to Walter to bring the burners though.

Looking at the stats.. how does the #1 option on any team (and the only real legitimate receiving threat on a team) only have 1 game > 100 yards...and only 2 others > 80 yards? Those 3 games all came in a row... and all came following the bye week. Signs of an old man?

He couldn't even break 70 in the other 12 games he played.

2. msn

msn Member

Wait a minute -- couple this with his 5 catches of 40+ yards, and it doesn't look all that productive at all. 5 big ones and a bunch of nothing.

3. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

The Bills offense was just plain horrible. Lee Evans who has been a very productive WR, had the worst season of his career despite being 28, so it wasn't like he was declining. It was because Trent Edwards and Ryan Fitzpatrick suck. Usually it is the TE that benefits from an inaccurate QB. Its much easier to get the ball to a TE then it is a WR, especially one as talented as Miller.

4. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

The combination of Fitzpatrick and Edwards had a 70 QB rating...and 15 TDs to 17 ints...with a 6.3 yards per attempt average. When an offense passes for 2500 yards for the entire season, fingers should be pointing to many different areas than to TO. No WR in the NFL would have been productive in that offense.

5. Summer Song Giver

No way, any reason I could list you've heard before so I'll save you having to read them again.

6. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Guys, take it from a Cowboys fan.... Its not worth it!

First, he will inevitably alienate the best WR in the game AJ. Then the coach, then Schaub. He won't even be that effective. His game is on a serious decline. His ego hates that and does hurt the team.

Even last year, he always has something to say. He has never learned his lesson. You do not want him.

7. gucci888

gucci888 Contributing Member

No thanks. He's too much of a liability on and off the field, we really don't need that right now.

8. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

Bills 2009: 2789 yards passing, 17 TD, 19 INT, 71.7 rating, 6.3 Y/A
    Texans 2003: 2841 yards passing, 14 TD, 18 INT, 69.7 rating, 6.5 Y/A

TO 2009: (15 games) 55 catches, 829 yards, 5 TD (+1 TD rushing), 15.1 yards/rec
    AJ 2003: (as a ROOKIE.. 16 games): 66 catches, 976 yards, 4 TD, 14.8 yards/rec

I don't know, not a ton better--but certainly better... and how many rookie WR's (even the really good ones) have a big impact? AJ is a stud.. but if TO is down below the level of rookie AJ at this point, I don't want him and the baggage he brings.

1 person likes this.
  9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

texans do not need receivers

10. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

11. Simos05

Simos05 Member

no thank you

Not worth the crybaby drama

12. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I thought Texan Fan was in WIN OR BUST Mode.
    character be d*mned!

Rocket River

13. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

I don't want the Texans to pick up Terrel, but his 'decline' last season had everything to do with the QB and the offensive play calling. When they would actually throw him the ball he still looked plenty explosive. Look at Lee Evans' numbers drop like a rock last season if you doubt that.

14. Major

Major Member

If he comes cheap, of course you sign him. If he causes problems or is annoying, cut him. If not, you got a cheap extra weapon. If you have him on the opposite side of AJ and then Daniels running around the middle, you pretty much will have a pretty good option relatively open every play.

I don't see why you wouldn't touch him unless you think he would cause irreversible chemistry issues.

15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

Why would want to come here, anyway?

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

ain't got no where else to go

Rocket River

17. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

Texan Fan: IF HE COMES CHEAP. . . . . V. Young?

18. blackistan

blackistan Member

Hell no why would you want that cancer on your team, he'll eventually come out and bash Matt Schaub

19. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

The Texans doesnt need another WR, and maybe he could torn the team chemistry.

20. msn

msn Member

duh.

TO adds *zilch*. Every benefit you get from having an "extra weapon" you lose from all the emotional baggage that guy brings. There's a cloud over his head.

Move along, nothing to see here.