1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

First? Cool story bro?

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by droxford, Mar 15, 2010.

1. Dei

Dei Member

Alright, alright, if this is about what I did at the thread about the man having a near-death situation, I'm sorry. There, happy now?

And I was thinking of a meme when I wrote that except it wasn't "First" but "did he drop any good loot?"

2. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

It probably has some to do with what you wrote.

I mean, a lot of posters use Clutchfans for advice, prayers and other personal stuff. That's a thread where you at least try to keep it classy.

It might have seemed minimal on a message board, but things are different here. It's not Hoopsworld or Lakersnation.

Respect it. :)

3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I think Chucky Brown's middle initial was S, so when you guys keep posting CSB, which is already funny to acronym the meme, I just think of Chucky Brown.

Chucky story, Brown?

4. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

5. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

That's what she said. :p :eek: :) ;) :grin:

-Swoly-D.

:rolleyes:

6. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

DEAD HORSE

it used to be hilarious when used at the right time, but now it is mentioned in every thread and is just annoying

7. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

The Cool Story Bro line is probably the most annoying catch phrase used in my time on ClutchFans. I can understand if it was appropriately played, but it's like people rush in to be the first to use the line. It's lazy posting and annoying to read.

8. Codman

Scribo,

Is your sig from the beginning of the season?

If not, and it's recent, that makes me feel better about our chances. You data analysis is on point.

I have a feeling that your sig is from back when we were more consistent though.

9. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Unless you see the Rockets winning over 90% of there games, they will not make the playoffs. Even that may be stretching it.

I BELIEVE!

10. Codman

I see a mighty San Antonio fail coming up.

I looked at their schedule and had one of those "Smithers" moments and said "excellent" aloud at work.

Manu and Timmy are going to break down without the French Flopper.

11. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

Well, as long as the Rocket don't face officiating like tonight again they should have a good chance.

I can see they want it after tonights performance.

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

its made me laugh so manyitmes even though its stupid.

13. ScriboErgoSum

ScriboErgoSum Contributing Member

I set that up when I posted this thread. Their playoff hopes are on complete life support, and it would take a miracle for them to make the dance at this point. Still, I'm keeping it until they're officially eliminated.

What can I say? I believe!

14. TopsDrop

TopsDrop Member

Aye, fight and you may die. Run, and you'll live... at least a while. And dying in your beds, many years from now, would you be willing to trade ALL the days, from this day to that, for one chance, just one chance, to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives, but they'll never take...OUR "COOL STORY,BRO!!!"

15. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I don't like the cool story, bro line cause its mean and a jackass thing to say.

16. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

What I hate is that graphic with dude in metal hat. I know it's over my graying head... from some sort of comic book, but... I don't want to know. It's the most annoying face ever.

17. Dei

Dei Member

What do you think it's supposed to do?

18. Oski2005

Oski2005 Contributing Member

As long as we use it responsibly, there's nothing wrong with it:

[​IMG]

19. Simos05

Simos05 Member

I tried to leave that comment alone, but I have to say this. I've been around this board along time, didn't start posting till about three years ago. I've seen alot of meme's get used over the years. There is a time and place for everyone of them.

I can see both sides of this arguement. It is annoying as hell to see it in every single thread. But it is also funny as hell when it is used in the proper context.

Now what you did though Dei was incredibly disrespectful. What did I ever do to you to deserve you insulting me on a near death experience? One that I asked for help none the less? Take this post however you would like, but remember this Karma is a biatch, and you deserve what is coming to you.

20. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

[​IMG]