1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Luis Scola Dilemma

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets934life, Mar 15, 2010.

1. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I know Bosh is all world and would make us a title contender on paper but Luis Scola is doing things we haven't seen since Barkley's first year. I am starting to wonder if Landry being traded didn't turn on the Light bulb for Luis to start being a go to player he was meant to be. Luis has been playing all-star level PF since the deal so at what point does Morey start thinking about keeping Luis instead of moving him?

Another factor to be considered is Chemistry, he has meshed beautifully with this team and already knows how to play with the big man so is that now something to consider?

Finally, money...a much cheaper player who can average 18-10 which with regular playing time he can achieve. I am completely perplexed at this point because I think Bosh is fantastic but Scola is so much heart/hustle that you can not just ignore it.

What does Morey do now???

2. Nolocke

Nolocke Member

Bosh who?

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You keep Luis, getting Bosh would be nice, but Luis is playing GREAT basketball and plays with fire all year long.

He has had a string of 20 and 10 games

Just let him play, the guy has 3 or 4 great years left.

Let's enjoy them.

DD

4. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

Morey probably agrees with me that Bosh is overrated. I don't think Bosh is one of his targeted undervalued players like Martin was before we got him.

Morey is probably targeting Ginobili or another clutch ballhandler for next season.

5. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

Sign Scola + one more decent bigman in free agency. Then he goes and trades a Battier or Ariza + NYK 1st rounders + Hill + cash for Evan Turner (or #2 overall).

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I think scola is getting PAID this offseason. Some one will give him a 3 years 30 mil deal.

7. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

No Dilemma, keep Scola. I still want Bosh but don't want to give up Scola. Possible? I think so

8. Karolik

Karolik Member

If you had asked about a month ago trading Scola for Bosh would've been a no brainer....But now that he's beasting its hard to say...Is it just a hot streak..or the real scola?

9. kyle7758521

kyle7758521 Member

Hey, what I have seen these days was that our Rockets is gonna make another Chirs Webber.

Scola is Made to Webber by Adel.

10. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

Love Luis, but we need some shot-blocking.

11. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

I think the real dilemma would be Scola playing great recently, helping the team to get as many wins as possible, yet would incredibly increasing his bargaining power in the offseason.

It's not going to be cheap to keep the beast. And I would not trade Scola for Bosh.

12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

"Deez is a big game for us."

13. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

The more you play Scola the better he gets. He's built for year round basketball.

14. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

You DO NOT trade players like Scola. Because you can't teach hustling and competitiveness and desire to win. Certain players just love competition and step up their games in BIG GAMES....Scola is one of those players. Bosh maybe better than Scola in every area of the game....but who's to say that he has the desire and the will like Scola?? Not to mention....the chemistry with the team.

15. Rox-Oso

Rox-Oso Member

Scola is a keeper!

16. Hayden_SFC

Hayden_SFC Member

Scola is the man, but he will be 30 next month. Bosh is 25 and has a bigger reputation as a legit all-star. If it was to come down to it....you probably take Bosh..even if it means losing Scola.

17. Seth

Seth Member

Not to say that Scola already likes playing with Yao, is comfortable playing off him as Yao is already comfortable playing with Scola.
    You have a very efficient player that already knows the system and the players, and you don't trade.

18. clos4life

clos4life Member

Scola is second best option to Bosh. He is playing great but Bosh has length to bother people driving to basket. Still, I would be fine with Scola being our starting PF next year, we just need upgrades still.

19. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

Yao for Bosh. Problem Solved.

20. Joevir

Joevir Member

Bosh is not tough enough.

Love Scola so much! Hard working, doing everything he can.And he has much stronger desire for the championship than Bosh.

He is the undispensable part for Rockets. It will be a huge mistake if Morey let him go.