1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official T-Mac as a Knick Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

1. Has Tim Grover commented on McGrady since the trade? I can't find anything recent from him.

2. No matter whether you think McGrady will get better after another offseason or not, I believe it should be quite clear that the Rockets did the reasonable thing with him and was not out to screw him.

They sat him becuase, if they played him, he would pretty much look like he did with the Knicks-- a few decent looking games among others in which he simply could not physically move well enough.

And it's not likely that he would be doing much better in March had the Rockets played him in November and December, either. It's not like McGrady didn't get rehab and training done with Grover during all this time. What we are seeing isn't rust, it's physical inability which, at best, was simply going to take time for him to recover from.

The Rockets didn't want to give their season for TMac to be used as rehab games. Can you blame them?

3. Where's Stephen A. Smith and his high quality athelete talk now?

1 person likes this.
  2. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

True.

T-Mac only fans wouldn't even pay to see T-Mac. It would only be self-torture to see T-Mac play poorly.

3. amaru

amaru Member

That is true.....but I think everybody will admit that acquiring McGrady has given the struggling Knicks even more attention from the media.

Plus it will draw out all of those curious to still see if he has it. Just look at this thread 100 + pages discussing one person.

I don't Bill Walker gets this much attention in his own family lol (or whatever his name is)

4. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

That may be true for the first month but Knick fans are smart enough to know who can and can't play - well at least who can't play.

5. Rockets#1fan

Rockets#1fan Member

Alan Hahn reports on twitter, "Rookie Toney Douglas gets the start at PG tonight vs Dallas. D'Antoni says "he deserves it". McGrady will play."

Does that mean mcgrady will come off the bench? Or will start along with douglas.

6. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

He played and started. he was very good on defense and in the 3rd quarter played well. he made dirk his b**** on one play. it was vintage play.

7. Omer

Omer Member

Had 11 in the 3rd quarter when the Knicks blew the game open and sealed the victory. He's still got it, just can't keep it up due to fatigue I guess.

8. xRod3x

xRod3x Member

now tmac has a good game

i bet someone hir will bash him again hahahaha even though he has a good game

when tmac has a bad game to many bashes for him in this forum.

now in his good game? any bash for him??

no one wants to get injured

many people hir hate tmac so much because he didn't bring a championship hir

but think well

its not just his fault! he is not the only one who is playing from the rockets for last couple years remember that

its a team!!

9. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'll be glad to "hate on him".

NOBODY ever questions T-Mac's talent - we question his health, his durability, his heart, his desire, etc. And all of that is in question. He said he was ready to go full bore how many months ago? Now as soon as he joins the Knicks he's picking and choosing when he plays, complaining of injuries again, etc etc. It's the same old story. Nothing has changed.

Yeah. T-mac had a good quarter. He'll probably continue to do that from time to time. He may even have an entire great game from time to time. But I sincerely doubt we'll ever see T-Mac have a great season again.

10. T-mac&Yao=RING

T-mac&Yao=RING Contributing Member

Yea I wouldnt be on Tracy being great again for a whole season. I think his body has just taking too much of a beating over the years, and he doesnt have the mindset to recover. Once a great player now he will be lucky to be an OK player.

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

He's had what, 4 good games out of 12 so far? To me, he looks like last season's McGrady (who, btw, had some good games, too, between the bad ones).

It really doesn't matter to the Rockets whether McGrady will eventualy make it back to the top or not. His contract ends this year, his usefulness for this year is their only concern. And he's not been too useful overall. Knicks may be happy to give him rehab games, the Rockets are trying (however unlikely it seems now) to make the playoffs and build the future, one that doesn't include bringing back McGrady as a FA. Why use your season to help a guy rehab when he's not in your future plans?

12. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

the main thing is he's not limping like last year. obviously anyone can see he still clearly lacks any type of consistent explosion or quickness, but he's moving fine. the recovery process is taking longer than he had anticipated.

as long as he's not feeling any pain, he can use these games to rehab himself. and yes, we did the right thing b/c his plans and our plans are 2 different plans. the knicks are an ideal place b/c it allows him to use these garbage games to just get a lot of reps in and get into game shape and give his legs more strength going into the offseason.

13. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

It took Jason kidd and Kenyon martyn 18 months of continues playing to regain they're explosiveness again after the micro fracture surgery. Mcgrady has'nt even played a tottal of 2 month of continues basketball. it's a slow process and takes time. thats the reason Adelman wanted no part of it. he went through the samething with Webber.

McGrady will be fine once he plays for atleast a year of continues ball and gets a pre-season into him.

14. fmp087

fmp087 Member

15. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Don't read his comments, don't listen to him. He is a talker. All he can do is talk now.

Once he has a 30 pt game, he will say he is healthly and ready.

Again, don't listen to him. Let's just wait and see :)

16. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Great win by the Knicks. It drops the Jazz's pick from 6th to tied for 7/8th with Detroit. Another win will push the pick to 9th. It will keep Cousins just out of reach for the Jazz.

http://espn.go.com/nba/lottery2010/mockdraft

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

McGrady had far less invasive surgery than those guys did, he had his on a none weight bearing part of the knee, on a tiny area.

Many players PLAY with the type of thing Tmac had and strengthen their knees never needing surgery.

The problem is not the knee, it has and will continue to be in his heart, as in...his lack of passion...

The guy seems like he only cares about being famous or recognized.

Tracy McGrady is/was talented, but his being so mentally weak will always make him a player that never quite got what he should have because he is such a wuss.

DD

18. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

I wasn't aware that you're a Doctor. I find it funny that so many of you speak like you're familiar with the situation surrounding his knee.

I also wasn't aware that declining after 04-05 (05-06 technically since he looked good when he wasn't injured) means that you're "mentally weak".

He gave it his best the vast majority of the time while he was in Houston. You really can't dispute that. He went out in a bad way but... *surprise* that had as much to do with him not being able to perform due to injury as anything else..

19. T.Mcgrady

T.Mcgrady Member

Taking the quote out of context. Read the article; by not healthy he means not 100% and able to perform at a consistent level on a nightly basis.

(Sorry for the double post)