1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The Official T-Mac as a Knick Thread

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by shastarocket, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Rockets#1fan

Rockets#1fan Member

Lol thats funny

2. sw847

sw847 Member

i did not watch the game today.

but looking at the boxscore, 24 min, 4 points on 1-5 shooting, 2 rebs, 4 assists, 3 TO and 1 block.

Did he even try to play? 24 min, you would expect more production. Not just about scoring, but it seems that he did not even want to be on the court.

I know boxscores don't tell the full story, but that is a pretty bad stat for 24 mins of play. Could someone who watched the game today please tell me did he even move on the court? or did he play great defence that it took all his energy?

3. david_rocket

david_rocket Member

4. Entropy

Entropy Member

I'm surprised that the NBA would ever allow Fran to write such a scathing and snarky piece about McGrady. The Houston Chronicle reakkt got rid of the wrong writer...

5. Entropy

Entropy Member

EDIT:

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

wow,
    Mayo looked like the special sauce instead of mac!

7. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Blinebury looks like every child rapist I've ever seen.

Plus, McGrady sucks cornhole.

I can't believe Fran is paid to vomit this crap onto paper.

8. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

You are right. The boxscore doesn't tell you the entire story.

As you see, he was nothing on the offensive end on the floor (4 points in 24 minutes - WOW) and imagine that he was even 10 times worse on defense.

9. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

"But it's way too early. We did it with Amar'e (Stoudemire in Phoenix, following microfracture surgery). Amar'e came back and the first night out he had 38 or 39 points and, two days later, he shut it down for the rest of the year. Then he came back the next year.

"I don't think Tracy's gonna do that. I think his is a lot less severe than Amar'e's was. But it takes people time and ... there will be serious doubts at a certain point. But he's 30 years old and there's no reason why he doesn't get back to where he was."

if people think tracy is finished, there's nothing anyone can do but himself proving something. but for a guy like tracy whose game is so much different than say a guy like jkidd, who successfully recovered from MFS and is playing well.

it's going to take tracy time to regain that quickness/explosion (it won't happen until next year quite frankly and d'antoni knows that). he has dealt with this before in amare, who had a much more serious MFS.

i think right now, what tracy is doing is just getting in reps and more game time and giving the knee more strength. hopefully he continues to gain confidence. watching him play tonight, i can see it's going to be a LONG process. his explosion/quickness is clearly still not there. however, it's obvious the pain or whatever is not limiting him b/c he's running fine. but clearly, and hopefully, that explosion/quickness (or some of it) will return next year.

but it's good d'antoni dealt with this type of MFS before. and adelman did the right thing. the knicks are losing so tmac can take his time. and him playing like this will make it easier for the knicks to resign him to the vet minimum, and i'm sure tmac will gladly take it at this rate. he'll prove his worth next year.

10. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

Well, I can agree with that but you'd like to see improvement in his game.

Remember, right before the surgery he said next year he is gonna be much better than in 08/09 season.

Than he said he is not gonna be 100% this season, but he will be very close.

Than he said he'll need 5 games to get into the right basketball shape.

It is not like we expected him to go out there and score 30 every single night. We just would like to see some progress.

And so far I have a feeling he is regressing. The last two hame he is moving much worse, he is doing nothing on the offensive end and yesterday he probably had his worst defensive game in the last 2 years.

11. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

FIXED

12. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

he's a talker. but he has been right on one thing: he's not in pain anymore. this surgery has definitely helped him in that point. as long as he's not feeling any pain (i can only judge that by the way he's running and his facial expressions--which unlike last year, he limped and winced in pain all year).

allan houston said a few weeks ago that it's going to take awhile for tmac to get back to where he wants to be. but as long as he's not feeling any pain in that knee, he has a good chance.

it's frustrating watching him play since he's one of my favorite players. we'll see what he has left in how he ends this season and going forward into next season.

this type of surgery usually take a full year for a player to fully recover, esp. a player who depends on athleticism/explosion. march marks 1 year and 1 month and he's ALREADY PLAYING. it's absurd for him (but he has his mouth so whatever) or anyone to think he can regain everything back that fast.

and it's good d'antoni knows that a player coming back from this type of surgery will have periods of "self-doubt" so i think he's letting tmac play through these "down stretches" even when he struggles.

13. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

And probably the worst thing in the whole situation is, that he has been saying 'I'd like to start winning more games'

Let's see. Last night the Grizz built a 15 point lead with Tracy on the floor for the Knicks. As soon as he sat on the bench the Knicks got back into the game at one point being down only by 3.

Than, as soo as he came back Grizz made another run and it was already a 25 point game.

He left again and Grizz won only by 7.

That means he is NOT helping this knicks team. So he should look at himself first and try to change that.

Still, the funniest comment is 'Whoeven gets me, is gonna get a hundry ass player'

14. xRod3x

xRod3x Member

comm'on guys is this a tmac thread or tmac bashing thread?

when he had bad game you bash him

when he had a good game still bashing him

remember what d-wade said to him!

it takes time to recover.

someone in this forum only knows how to bash tmac lol

15. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Explosiveness is one thing, the guy does not even try...

He needs to SPRINT as fast as he can back on defense. He needs to HUSTLE!!!

That is the ONLY way he will ever get back. He is a YOGGER!!!

16. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Haha nope I haven't played him yet. I might gamble on the next game though...:)

COME ON TRACY!!!

17. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

BINGO

If I remember correctly he didn't even touch the ball the first 6 minutes of the Grizzlies game. It almost looks like he doesn't give a damn about the game.

18. Jeff Who

Jeff Who Member

McGrady admitted his left knee is in pain and is just trying to fight through the soreness he believes is a natural occurrence because he is coming off microfracture surgery one year ago.

"Maintaining, just trying to maintain," McGrady said. "It's catching up to me. I can feel myself breaking down. That's why it's so hard for me to attack the basket."

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/mac_laggin_in_loss_DJHPB3I2xpORXGtxbO24YO#ixzz0i3iKjBhb

19. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

I don't see how he can be getting so fatigued. :confused:

I mean, it's not like he is taking any punishment out there.

He jogs and passes. He is doing zero dirty work. Is the light jogging really having that big of an impact on his knee? If he is out of shape, why is he out of shape? He should have been training HARD for the last few months. The games should be easy compared to his workouts. I just don't get it.

20. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

T-Mac says that he is breaking down already? He's supposed to be getting better with each game.

Knicks should have started with 8/min a game and increased it as his body felt better. They rushed him out there in the 1st game, and now he is breaking down.