1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 116, Raptors 92

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 1, 2010.

Tags:
  1. clos4life

clos4life Member

Brooks and Martin are starting to become a deadly offensive backcourt. I like!

2. mario713

mario713 Rookie

can someone make a video of the interview with brooks after the game? thanks

3. Karolik

Karolik Member

it will be on the rockets website..

4. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

this.

Both guys can just flat out light it up. Not much you can do to scheme against it either.

5. houstonsnk

houstonsnk Member

I noticed this too.

But very good win for the Rockets. We need to play like this a lot.

Question is when TA comes back does K. Martin go to the bench? I hope not.

6. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Brooks was 7-for-7 tonight inside the arc. You don't see anything close to that from him very often. You also don't see defenses as bad as that of the Raptors very often.

Still, I don't think Brooks was ever perfect inside the arc while taking that many shots against bad defenses like the Warriors or Suns so he should get some credit for finishing his chances. A few of those shots were step backs with a guy in his face so they weren't all layups. He also hit a tough floater and a nice reverse in traffic.

Martin's presence is also likely a big factor. It's tougher to key in on Brooks and vice versa.

7. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

You have something there. It appears that with Martin on the starting lineup, defenses cannot double Brooks.

I cautiously optmistic... Fark that, just wait until we get really healthy next year!!!!

8. Karolik

Karolik Member

Great Game...but like the Milwaukee game I will wait until this stretch of 6 games against scrub teams is over before i make a judgement call...The question is...can they do this every game?

9. Zfan

Zfan Member

I hope Ariza will not feel too bad when coming back. Martin should be a starter. Ariza or Shane will be a difficult decision.

10. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I don't see why Shane and Ariza can't switch off sometimes, depending on match-ups. It makes perfect sense . . .

Outstanding performances by AB and Kevin Martin.

11. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

Martin on Brooks in the postgame (paraphrasing):

"[Brooks] is a system PG. He doesn't pound the ball. Some may call him a scoring point guard but he runs the offense. I love playing with him."

What some people fail to realize is that Brooks is anything but a ball dominator for a couple of reasons. Number one, he's not good enough to be one like Nash or Paul. Number two, even if he was good enough, Adelman's system is NOT about the PG dominating the ball and constantly looking for the primary assist. Brooks makes bad decisions and reads at times and will have possessions where he does put his head down and try to do too much. Part of that is because of who he played with most of this season. He wasn't like that in previous seasons. Regardless, more often than not, the very first thing he does when he crosses the halfcourt line is pass to one of the bigs in the high post (usually Scola or Hayes) or one of the wings in the corners. Those are the vast majority of his possessions in terms of how he initiates the offense. I can understand people calling Brooks a poor decision-maker but he's not a ballhog or a PG that dominates the ball. Nash and Paul are ball dominators. They are good enough to play that way and their offenses are constructed around them. Adelman's offense does not use the PG that way. Bibby averaged about 5 apg and had seasons of 5 apg and 4.7 apg (both less than Brooks this season) during his tenure with Adelman after being an 8+ apg guy in Vancouver.

12. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Everyone had a great game from Anderson to Brooks to Martin to Battier. Everyone stepped up and contributed, even Jordan Hill with 4/3 night.

Love this team and hope we start a streak.

I was pleased to see Lowry running up and down the court in pregame and Ariza might be back by Saturday so we hopefully we have everyone at full strength by next week.

These next 6 games are crucial because we play scrub teams and should come out on top. Carl Landry and the Kings are our next victims!

13. mrdan

mrdan Contributing Member

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

50%+ shooting from the field....50%+ shooting from 3......90%+ shooting from FT

as a team...niiice.

15. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

We need to grab 5 of the next 6.

16. nebula955

nebula955 Member

SOooooooooooo true!

17. rocket4ever

rocket4ever Member

are we gonna play golden state again because I really want to see brooks+martin vs ellis+curry

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

and that's exactly why we dont need a "play maker" like some claim. We just needed legit scoring options. Move them around, pass the ball, and the plays make themselves :)

19. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

Now it's time to win 22 more in a row... :cool:

20. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Quality win with or without Bosh.

We weren't without Ariza or Lowry. Although they don't totally equate, both teams have injuries, and we just played harder and smarter.

Love it.