1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do you really care about making playoffs?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TriCkz, Mar 1, 2010.

?

Do you really care about making playoffs?

1. Yes

324 vote(s)
    49.1%
  2. No

336 vote(s)
    50.9%
  1. LifeisButaDream

WE NEED MORE TALENT.NOT MORE FIST ROUND EXITS. :mad:

2. SeasonTktHolder

I can't post so I thought I'd just reply. Does anyone know if Ariza is playing tonight????? I can't find it anywhere...someone please help! Thanks..

3. melvimbe

melvimbe Member

Yes, we came close to beating LA, but it's really hard to say we'd have pushed it to 7 without Yao Ming in the first 2 wins. And do you really get that much maturity and experience from the first round of the playoffs. I can think of some players where that wasn't true. Ok, maybe just one player.

4. DdotConrad503

DdotConrad503 Member

wtf? I'm a Rockets fan. i want to see our team go as far as they possibly can. i'm sure the players aren't hoping to lose. plus seeing this team make it to the playoffs without Yao will not only give us more confidence in our team, but the players will have more confidence in themselves also. we may not win the championship but I will still pull for my team no matter what and will be happy that a short-handed Rockets still made the playoffs in the west

5. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

It seems like most of the responses revolve around "I want them to so I can keep watching Rockets games". How many folks actually think it's better for the team to be a 1 and done? Honestly, I don't see how even the most passionate fan can think we have a shot to beat LA in a series.

I think a lotto pick helps us rebuild more than a 1st round playoff loss can.

6. Rockets2K

Rockets2K Clutch Crew

You can keep repeating this till you are blue in the face, but the team aint gonna tank just to make you happy.

Most reasonable NBA managers/coaches know the importance of playoff experience in building a contending team. What happened before they(Morey\RA) came here means absolutely ZERO, they are working at building a team by finding the pieces that fit together right, and one of the things that is necessary to have playoff success is playoff experience.

Cant deal with that fact? You know where NJ and NY are...they are tanking...it should make you happy to be a fan of such classy organizations.

7. LifeisButaDream

I guess some people on here are just fans and want to win now no matter if its good for our future or not.The wost thing for this team which doesn't have much talent to begin with.Would be to overachieve and make the playoffs. IT'S FOOLS GOLD. :mad:

8. LifeisButaDream

I never said anything about tanking.

9. Ariza4MVP

Ariza4MVP Member

the way we have been playing is pointles...i would hate to be the 9th spot

either get into the playoffs get a decent pick

10. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

You pretty much imply it in every post related to the Rockets making the playoffs.

I think you're on the John Wall bandwagon.

If Darko Milicic was in the draft this year, you would probably be content with the Rockets tanking to draft him.

11. da_juice

da_juice Member

I would like to see us in the playoffs, but it's not a big deal if we make it.

12. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

2 things. We aren't limited to just the 8th spot.

1. It is very valuable for players to get playoff experience regardless of if they win or lose.

2. It is also valuable for the team to attract the interest of free agents. Both of those things are far more valuable to a playoff team than a lottery pick that is a gamble.

13. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Thank you. I really thought I was one of the only sane people on here.

14. LifeisButaDream

Go look at the lakers roster.Now look at ours.Do you see the difference?

15. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

i voted yes.

i want this team to continue to build on the winning tradition. it makes us that more attractive in free agency as well.

if not the playoffs, i would be happy with a .500 record at year's end.

16. DdotConrad503

DdotConrad503 Member

which ever pick we get i'm sure Morey will make good use of it. but making it to the playoffs without your star player is an accomplishment. then if we're competitive that's another mental accomplishment for our team. therefore, eff rebuilding, we'll just have to add more to a team that is more than halfway built... feel me

17. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

This. My thoughts exactly.

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yes, my dream scenario would have us sneaking up to 6th and playing the Jazz. I think we can give them scare in the first round with all of our guys and maybe even beat them. That would just be poetry lol.

But even last year we took the Lakers to seven and no one thought we could. So it would still be fun, plus you just never know.

19. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

We can focus on next year and still make the playoffs!!

Ask Scola if he cares about making the playoffs!!

This shouldnt even be a discussion!!

20. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Attracting the interest of free agents much depends on money we have, and Yao healthy, not first round exit, we already advanced the second round.

For the playoff experience, almost everyone except young players already had that one. Ariza also had the title run experience, does this make us to be better team than Thunder?

We need another very good player besides Yao, and Martin, that is the key.