1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Trade Brooks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by T_Man, Feb 26, 2010.

Tags:
  1. BucMan55

BucMan55 Contributing Member

Um, sometimes he has been blocked for sure, but there are many other times where the arm comes down on his arm making the ball go strange directions. It's quite obvious it was a foul, and not one of those ticky tack ones. The kind that if the refs blow the whistle the defender gets a "busted!" look on his face and raises his hand.

2. OremLK

OremLK Member

Yep, I agree. Sometimes it's a clean block, but a lot of the time he gets honest-to-goodness fouled hard and there is no call.

Point is, Kobe drives into traffic like that, and foul or no foul, he's getting the call.

I don't care if people think that's an extreme comparison, I believe that is where Brooks is going in the future. He has that kind of skillset and the speed to support it. Once the officials catch on and start treating him like it, his efficiency and points per game are both going to go up quite a bit, and the guys who have been getting on his case are going to be eating crow.

Mark my words, even if we trade him (and I hope we don't) there will come a time when Brooks is averaging 25 points on 15 shot attempts and 6-7 assists per game.

I will bookmark this post for future reference.

3. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Cut brooks and send him to the league...

4. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

sorry i meant the D-league

5. Chamillionaire

you are forgiven. AB is not a consistent shooter by any means. this is a fact.

6. Chamillionaire

if he played for the nets, sure. :grin:

7. krockets

krockets Member

Knee jerk thread! Nice try though..

8. Mr. Space City

i agree.

brooks for bosh

git r done morey

9. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

You're setting your sights too low.

What Morey should do is clone Brooks then send one Brooks to the Raptors and the other to the Hornets. In return, we'll get both Bosh and Paul.

Two Brookses for two Chrises.

To make the salaries match, Morey can throw in one of his wizard hats and the chicken and rice stand he took from Walsh.

#89 BrooksBall, Feb 27, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  10. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

umm... no. i want him to be my starting PG.

11. VBG

VBG Member

Brooks was out for 1 minute and 30 seconds in hte last game.

We were outscored by 7 in that time.

12. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

Knee jerk. It was a great night, but let's see if we can get consistency.

13. trugoy

trugoy Member

Brooks gets treated this way because he doesn't know how to draw fouls. look at his drives and finishes, he is usually trying to get off clean shots and avoiding contact, rather than taking contact and forcing the officials to make the call, it is really obvious if you compare the way martin and brooks go to the basket.

He'll never get calls unless he learns how to draw fouls.

14. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

His value is just shooting up right now ;)

15. Slimjim19

Slimjim19 Member

One problem with Brooks has to do with his decision making, and it's not entirely his fault. The problem is he's too short. When he gets trapped on the pick and roll, he's too short to see over the defenders and make a pass to the open man. There's not really much you can do about that, unless we put Martin in the pick and roll more often. It might work.

16. leungevity

leungevity Member

Martin should try to teach Brooks a thing or two about drawing fouls driving to the basket. Martin is just so sneaky good at it. Holding the ball out intentionally towards the defender, gets hit, then draws it back toward his own body before putting a shot up. It's just so smooth.

17. Chamillionaire

maybe that's it people, AB doesn't really like contact, i mean he weighs 170 or something like that.

18. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

LOL!!!! About all I can say..... I can see now you have no ideal of why i started this thread... But if you go back and read everything from the start then I'm sure you would understand..

[​IMG]

19. pdewalt

pdewalt Member

Could this be considered a knee-jerkish thread???

Against an out of sync Spurs team minus T. Parker. Brooks would be somewhat nullified had he gone against him. Still don't like Brooks unless you have a true PG next to him or move him to the bench. My feelings on that haven't changed. This 30-30-30 means nothing unless it becomes more the norm and less the surprise. Do this against one of the Western teams that is playing well right now.

20. tmacROX1

tmacROX1 Member

3words

1.knee 2.jerk

3. thread