1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rowdies - wtf?] "Who Dat?" Really?!?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kpsta, Feb 22, 2010.

1. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

just looked up that one after reading your reply. went to Jared's instead of kmart! ha clever!

2. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

As an original Rowdy,

The Who Dat chant has been used for at least 3 years and nobody was aware of it's origin. I remeber the guy that started it ...so thinking back, I'm guessing he's from NOLA. Since it was so played up during the Superbowl, I agree that chant should be dropped now.

RE chants, it's funny, people love to b**** about it and then you ask them for suggestions and they suck even worse.

...and yes, all four years only ~100 people bother to show up to the tryouts. If you show up and do ANYTHING creative then I can almost promise you that you'll win a spot. But you gotta stand ALL GAME, be loud and attend all games. If you can't do that, talk about lame, it's pretty lame to criticize the Rowdies for doing something you can't/won't do yourself.

If you are a true Rockets fan, it's fairly easy for you to put your money where your mouth is.

3. AkeemTheDreem86

Read the thread title, sweetheart.

Don't come into a thread and complain when people are sticking to the topic. Here's an idea... start a new thread!

Maybe call it: [Red Rowdies] New Chants Ideas?

4. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The Red Rowdy gimmick has been lame and contrived from the very start. You’ve got a bunch of supposed super fans who don’t even pay for their tickets. It’s manufactured hype that does not exist in places like the TD Garden in Boston, Madison Square Garden in NYC and the Staples Center in LA. There’s no way in hell I would go to games dressing and acting like a fool just for a free ticket.

#84 Pistol Pete, Feb 23, 2010
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  5. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

To some extent, they have always been controlled by the front office...

FWIW, we used the "Who Dat" chant all through the first year the Rowdies were in existence. One of the original Rowdies was from New Orleans he proposed the chant, and it sounded cool during our Romp through the concourse. Those of you who didn't notice probably had your perception modified by NO winning the Super Bowl. The Rowdies have been doing that one all along.

6. GladiatoRowdy

GladiatoRowdy Contributing Member

Some of us are just bigger fans than others.

7. varuscelli

varuscelli Contributing Member

As a long-time Rockets fan (since the 70s), I have a hard time understanding why anyone would have a problem with the Red Rowdies.

The concept presents the average fan with no interference in terms of watching the game, the Rowdies have to be genuine enthusiasts (it seems to me), and I imagine that the members get a heck of a lot of enjoyment out of participating. I like the fact that a group of fans is given such an opportunity by the organization and think that it adds a bit of eye candy to the games.

To any forum members who are part of the Red Rowdies, I say 'good for you' for your participation. ;)

Ha! I wish I had the guts to try out. :p

8. SeasonTktHolder

Yeah we are, In three years we've probably only missed 4 or 5 games. We love it! I can't remember if it was this season or last season but we saw you got upgraded to the floor seats...that was awesome. Keep it up!

9. SeasonTktHolder

I likie! Can't wait to hear it tomorrow!
    Hey me and my hubby have been wanting to sit with you guys on a road tripe, maybe to San Antonio or something..let me know if you guys are going on any more road trips this season!

10. McGreat1

McGreat1 Member

who dat?WTF...

Or maybe DM traded some of the red rowdies for some New orleans fans. :grin:

11. fredy

fredy Contributing Member

I had a couple of friends as rowdies last year and I would join them whenever I had a chance to go. It was a lot of fun and a good workout, lol. Even joined them on that San Antonio trip.

People should be throwing out ideas instead of just bashing. It's definitely hard to be cheering when were losing.

Keep up the enthusiasm Rocketgirl!

12. Al Capone

Al Capone Member

When I was at a game, I saw Turbo sitting with the Rowdies.

Was the the REAL Turbo??

13. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

I think the rowdies are awesome. Everytime I go to the Spurs vs. Rockets games they are always there which makes it fun because Spurs fans are just flat out lame. Its funny to see more Rocket fans getting crunk in there own arena.

As someone pointed out earlier, if you have a problem about the rowdies "lameness" then do something about it and tryout yourself if you are so much better.

And for the rowdies on clutchfans...keep doing what you do. ;)

14. 00rocketgirl

00rocketgirl Contributing Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Bj2UGWtT1Q
    this is a video i compiled from the road spurs game in january. were you there for that one? Some of us are planning on going again on march 31st.

15. dianap07

dianap07 Member

Its makes things less easier when the team isn't winning at home and none of the fans want to stand and cheer with the rowdies. I think the losing streak is getting to everyone...I doubt there would be this many complaints if the Rockets were doing better than they are now.

YOU GO ROCKET GIRL!!!

Anyway...I could say more but I won't. Rowdies will try to come up with some new stuff. See y'all at the next game. Go Rockets.

16. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Yeah i was there for that one...I sat in the section or two right next to ya ll. Im hoping to get tickets to that one too but its a wednesday night game and well i got class on thrusday. But I'll probably be there nonetheless. I hope yall make it out there again. Its always fun when ya ll do!

17. SeasonTktHolder

I LOVE IT! I want to go!

18. fredy

fredy Contributing Member

I'll try to go too! It's always fun talking mess in another arena with a group of people behind you haha.

19. Nice Rollin

Nice Rollin Contributing Member

"im blind. im deaf. i wanna be a ref"

laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

20. mic

mic Contributing Member

lmaooooooooooo