1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Rowdies - wtf?] "Who Dat?" Really?!?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kpsta, Feb 22, 2010.

1. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

Why do the Red Rowdies use the "Who Dat?" chant? That chant has nothing to do with Houston. It would almost be like if we had at some point developed a Clutch City themed chant and then the Hornets fans started using it. Ugh.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I hear the Rowdies aren't as good as they used to be.

3. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

i really hope this isn't true. it's already dumb to hear it in new orleans.. even dumber if it happens anywhere else

1 person likes this.
  4. herro

herro Member

i heard several weak chants at the pacer game

5. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

Anyone who's actually been to a game this year knows that the Rowdies are nothing more than a shell of what they used to be. They've honestly been more of a laughingstock than anything else, especially with a "Who Dat?" sign.

6. theogcasey

theogcasey Contributing Member

They're completely unoriginal and lame this season. None of the current rowdies should return next year.

7. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Only the first rowdy picked by JVG was worth a damn (me).

;)

8. varuscelli

varuscelli Contributing Member

Probably has something to do with this year's overall team performance. Not quite enough to get fully rowdy about all the time. :(

I'm betting that, if all goes well, they'll be back in form next season (both the Rowdies and the Rockets). ;)

9. herro

herro Member

the rowdies are getting to the point where they're more annoying than cool

10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

LLLLAAMMMEE
    lame
    lame
    lame
    laaaame

there, that's a new chant for the rowdies.

grow a pair and create your own stuff.

how about an In Morey We Trust chant?

11. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

Yeah, they started with "Who Dat talkin' about beating dem Rockets? Who Dat? Who Dat? What?"

I guess they need a sign to now tell us what we are already hearing...

There is a reason why I moved away from them this season and I am quite glad to be on the other side of the court.

And to be part of the Rowdies, it's not how you perform during tryouts, it's now becoming more of who you know... So of course, the quality is going to decrease..

12. CaptainRox

CaptainRox Member

I heard we're as Rowdy as a box of napping kittens (...before you shake them of course)

13. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Who dat? That's pathetic.

14. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Amen!

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Weak! Stealing an Aggie chant meant to honor the legendary Dat Nguyen. Get your own material Rowdies. Van Gundy's Rowdies were something else...

16. Kerfeld

Kerfeld Contributing Member

All of you bashing the Rowdies need to give it up. Their committmemt to attending the games and standing and cheering should be applauded. I get it- they get free tickets and they should be that way- but come on guys. I have been a season ticket holder in Section 114, Row 28 since the TC opened. I can tell you how hard it is to make each and every game, let alone bring the enthusiasm and energy these guys bring.

There are several familiar faces (the original Rowdies) that I have seen since the Rowdies started. These guys have not missed a game in over 3 years. That should be applauded. I for one will not blast them for not coming up with new & original chants. As a whole they have done a great job and have done nothing but bring a positive energy to an otherwise lifeless arena.

Rock on Rowdies. I am glad you are there. Even if sometimes I wish you sit down. Haha.

1 person likes this.
  17. rockets018

rockets018 Member

Rowdies aren't what they used to be and really dissapoint me. It seems like it's being taken over by Rockets front office and now controlled like puppets.

I want the old Rowdies back, when years ago I would get drunk and join them, and raise hell all game )-:

18. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

Calm down. There is nothing wrong with criticizing the Rowdies for their chants or whatever. We do it to our Houston Rockets players all the time with no problems. If other fans feel the Rowdies aren't doing their job well, then they should be called out. If you want the spotlight, you have to deal with the heat that comes along.

19. SeasonTktHolder

Thank you! I'm glad someone else finally agrees with me. Three years ago, the Rowdies ROCKED....and I do see that some of them are the same. So if any of your veteran rowdies are reading this, please PLEASE step it up and train the newest rowdies so you guys can be like before...
    Start using chants like LUUUIIISSSCCOOOOOOOOOOOOLAAA and clever chants rather than " Kevin, Martin...Kevin, Martin" or "Lowry, Lowry, Lowry".... I do give you guys a lot of credit for coming to all the games and supporting the team...gotta give it to you guys...Thanks for all your hard work, but let's try to pick it up a little. :)

20. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Cause they are.

Nice job by the Rockets to take a good thing, and screw it up.