1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ITT TECH

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by GlenRice, Feb 21, 2010.

Tags:
  1. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

I might go there this summer for a bachelor in Information Systems Security. Im hearing mix reviews. Anyone here has any experience in ITT TECH?

2. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

I'm going to give everyone a cliff's notes of how this thread will go:

Posters come in and mock OP and ITT Tech.

Someone mentions how their advisors are essentially salespeople.

Someone eventually makes a joke about University of Phoenix.

Nero (I think that's who it is) pops in the thread, butt hurt, gives story about his wife going to U of Phoenix, it was really hard, but worked out great for his wife.

No one says anything of substance.

THE END.

3 people like this.
  3. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Waste of money. I've worked in the IT field for 11 years. You're better off trying to get into the workforce and get some entry level experience.

Speaking as someone who has been involved in the hiring process for several people on my team and others, seeing ITT Tech on a resume would be a negative...not a positive.

4. huypham

huypham Contributing Member

I hear it's a good place to buy steroids.

1 person likes this.
  5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eHJnj4-h9JA&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eHJnj4-h9JA&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

6. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Have you considered DeVry ?

7. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

What if you have no experience. I hoping ITT TECH can also give me hands on training.

8. YaosDirtyStache

Come on bro, a degree from there is worth less than the paper it would be printed on. Dont waste your time or money.

9. cdastros

cdastros Member

Go to a junior college and get you an associates degree. This way if you decided to go get a 4 year degree, the credits will transfer to just about any major 4 year institution.

10. Cannonball

Cannonball Contributing Member

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/e3MX8ufFFEY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/e3MX8ufFFEY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

The commercials got to you!

And hope you found the PED's you were looking for :p

12. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

My first IT job was with a bunch of ITT Tech grads. About 2% knew what the hell they were doing. This is pretty much the meat of it- they recruit idiots and graduate idiots. So you MAY get a lot out of it, but there's a reason why it has a bad rap. You're probably better off getting an associates degree from a local junior college, and get some technical certifications as well. Much cheaper and doesn't have the stigma of ITT.

13. LegendZ3

LegendZ3 Contributing Member

IT Security is really more about experiences than your education. Few companies are going to hand the security job to a new grad, no matter where you went to school. My advise is to get some kind of IT administrator job and work your way into the more specialized area.

14. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

Get some. :)

If you think you're gonna go to ITT Tech and come out on the other side of it and land an IT Security job (or anything else besides help desk), you're going to be disappointed. Experience is king in the IT industry and just about everyone has to start at the bottom.

If you really know nothing and have zero experience, then Xerobull's suggestion is a lot better idea than going to ITT Tech.

15. hjg877

hjg877 Member

Don't buy into all the marketing gimmicks you see on television. Ever since the economy has tanked, an endless amount of online or technical schools have been advertising on television as a way to "get where you want."

Higher education is all a business. It's necessary to get somewhere in life, but, in my opinion, going to ITT, DeVry, U of Phoenix, Kaplan University, or any other online school is about as relevant as becoming an ordained minister at www.themonastery.org.

Online technical schools, colleges, or MBAs is just diluting the value of an "education" in this country. If you think that you're going to get where you want in life just by going to school and getting a [crap] degree without putting in your own effort, then you are just going to end up like this idiot:

16. Bojangles

Bojangles Contributing Member

ITT Tech = The Suck.

17. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

The degrees they offer should keep you away from sunlight and give you a pasty white complexion that you'd desire.

18. droxford

droxford Member

As someone who has hired IT people, I can tell you that I don't put much weight into an ITT degree when I see it on a resume.

But I focus more on whether a person has technical ability, is a team player, is a fast learner, is capable of finding his own answers, and can get the job done. If ITT can help you with this stuff, fine. If not, then it's a waste of money.

19. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

One I think Texas gets very little credit for, nationwide, is having a pretty high number of two- and four-year colleges: seemingly at least one or two every other town. I just can't believe you wouldn't be able to get in at the 2-year level somewhere and then just transfer ALL of your hours to the last half of a more credible four-year program. Read the Wiki article, I think there are mentions in there about some companies openly and publicly refusing to reimburse tuition at ITT or at UOP just because they don't value the degree. And price-wise you really might be getting hosed.

20. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

I enrolled in fall of 2000, three months later I drop out. Avoid that place, go to community college.