1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Calvin Murphy on 610 NOW !!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Old School, Aug 1, 2002.

1. MysticRyder

MysticRyder Member

One thing that you are forgetting. Nachbar removes the need for a 3 guard game.

:D :D :D :D :D

2. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

It doesn't really matter if Moochie gets alot of assists, every time he comes into the game he slows the game down. I guess if you want a point gaurd that allows the team to take a breather on the offensive end while they watch some little guy with a big afro dribble around for 22 seconds, then Moochie is your man. I definitely would prefer a backup that provides a spark off the bench kinda like Bobby Jackson. Small ball is fine in limitted use, just as long as Moochie isn't running the show.

3. barbourdg

barbourdg Contributing Member

Please let the Rockets trade for Lewis, or hopefully Nachbar lights it up in training camp to kill the 3 guard lineup. The famous 3 guard lineup with Moochie running the show. Can somebody say hello to lottery again?

So our lineup would be
    Moochie - PG
    Francis - SG
    Mobley - SF
    Rice - PF
    KT - Center

There is a big line- up (that was joke lineup BTW). :eek:

4. Htownhero

Htownhero Member

Right on the money. I don't think you have to scrap all uses of the three guard lineup but during crunch time I want to see a lineup of Francis, Cat, Boki, Griff, Ming over a lineup of Mooch, Francis, Cat, Griff, Ming. The only reason we ran the 3 guard so much last year was to hide the fact that we had no seviceable SF's, that is no longer the case.

5. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

Rocks Millenium :- At least we can be accurate when quoting Stats!
    M.Norris A/Gm. 4.9 FG 39.8% 3pt 26.9% Stls/gm. .99 The only good one is that he has 8.1 pts/gm.But so much time of his 27.4mins/gm is waisted with Dribble Mania!

6. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

LOL!!!!

:rolleyes: :D :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes: :D :rolleyes:

7. thebestfan

thebestfan Member

I bet we trade for Odom,heres why.

Odom is mad Miles is gone(odom plays sg)

Mobley would play in la if traded and be happy

Steve is tired of being hugged every game by Mobley(yes really)

I can see this lineup next year

big:
    francis
    nachbar
    odom
    griffin
    ming

small:
    moochie
    francis
    nachbar
    odom
    griffin(this lineup would run teams out of the building)

please do the trade,please,please,please!!

8. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

All this talk about Mooch frustrates me. Towards the end of the season, Mooch was playing much better in terms of distributing the ball.

Moochs' dribbling is a by-product of our poor offensive scheme...not a personal liability. If we ran plays were somebody was open, he would pass it. Look at the others, Cat did it, KT did it and Steve did it too. Nobody on this team enjoys a pin-point pass under the basket more than Mooch.

This season, we'll be healthy and have more weapons. I think Mooch is a good fit on this team. But I don't know if he would ever be starter material.

9. gr8-1

gr8-1 Contributing Member

Don't you live in HUmble? Geez, I guess old people do drive slow. :D

10. Stylez

Stylez Member

The 3 guard lineup sucks period! Its only good for a change of pace during the middle of a game. In no way, shape , or form should it be used to close out games like it does. Francis is not a SG either. He's 6'3" and gets absolutley killed in the fourth by every above-average SG (Kobe did him, Anfreene freakin Hardaway took into the lost post at the end of games, Bonzi Wells, etc.) And if the SG doesn't get us the SF does the same thing to Mobley. It just doesn't work!

Moochie is fine for a number 2 PG. Yeah he dribbles a lot but thats b/c they don't have any plays to run and have no player movement w/o the ball (thats all on Rudy). And for those who think Tierre can be the point and we can move Steve to the 2, did you guys actually see the games at the end of the season when Tierre was running the point? He like a Steve Francis who CANNOT score. He's fast and all, but he shot is terrible and he shoots all the time. It got so bad that during the last game of the year v. the Grizz (when we were tanking the season and not letting Mooch & KT finish the game and holding out Cat & Steve entirely) I was begging Rudy to put Mooch back in the game and sit Tiere down b/c he was just jacking the ball up everytime. Tierre's okay but killing scrub PG's in Summer League doesn't mean you can score in the NBA but it doesn't matter b/c it looks like Tito is taking his spot anyway.

#30 Stylez, Aug 1, 2002
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2002
  11. verse

verse Contributing Member

unless he has a big rack, i'm guessing his name is spelled Tito.

12. Yetti

The best fan:- Rox are not going to trade the Cat! He is the best producer per dollar on the Rox Team. We dont need Odom he spells clique a la Francis and disaster for Rox Team Basketball.He also has character problems & is not a RT type player.

13. TedRuxpin

TedRuxpin Member

Cat is tradeable.

14. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

Cat may be tradeable, but is he replaceable?

15. Hydra

Hydra Member

What if the whole team is in the clique?

Francis, Mobley, Williams, Odom, Cato, Morris, Norris, Taylor. If they warm up to Ming, that would be a pretty good 9 man rotation. Of course I would just hope that somehow Morris could be included in the trade for Odom. So who gets moved? Tierre, Tito, Nachbar, Torres, Rice, Thomas, Collier. Trade all of those guys with Morris and picks for Odom, the Clipps release those that they don't want which we can the resign if we want to.

16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

That all I said. Small doses as in the 4th quarter. Dallas came to a halt because Nitwitz is a terrible defender.

Euro ball with no defense won't win at small ball with 5 shooters. You need Ming and Griff.

17. Yetti

Hydra Give Nachbar a chance to fit into RT's new game plan and I bet by the end of the year you wont be sorry!RT went all the way to Italy to check this guy out, do you realy think he would trade him before he has a chance to perform?

18. leehoang

leehoang Member

the murph on 610, this station is going to be nothing but

laughs

haha hahahahaaaaaaaaa

i can hear murph now