1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Kevin Martin 08-09 Mix

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DavidRocket, Feb 19, 2010.

1. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Cool MIA song sampling The Clash's "Straight to Hell" off Combat Rock.

http://popup.lala.com/popup/504684659247323186

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I loved the game winner against SA!

3. mortiki85

mortiki85 Member

i know he's efficient, but that release is funnnnkkkkyyyyy, looks like has to wind it up near his waist, the shot goes in though.

4. BONIERO1576

BONIERO1576 Member

Is he a point forward?

5. TMackin713

TMackin713 Member

Seriously, you have to let go of X as soon as he goes up to shoot or else it says bad release (too late). Haha very odd

6. johnstarks

johnstarks Member

It's pretty uncanny the similarities--they even look alike. Reggie seemed a bit quicker, but he looks pretty good. I think his height can compensate for his thin build, much like Reggie's did for him. These thin off-the-ball types like Reggie and Rip Hamilton are really hard to guard--I remember Kobe once said the toughest person to guard was Reggie.

7. Yao Rambis

Yao Rambis Member

I agree. I hope he proves to be as clutch for the Rox as Reggie was for the Pacers.

8. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

One thing I think we can guarantee: he hasn't had his last 40-point game.

9. VanityHalfBlack

Is Kevin Martin Indian?? He look Indian or one of those doug christie type light skin brother???

10. asmith8266

asmith8266 Member

That mix is pretty terrible. I mean, why is there a Bobby Jackson buzzer beater and an OJ Mayo jumper in it? Seems like the guy got bored and just quit at the end.

11. BrooksnLowry

BrooksnLowry Member

Martin has freakin RANGE.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Why is there no video of Martin passing? ;)

13. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

I definitely agree. His off the ball movement expends so much of his defender's energy trying to keep up with him. That might be one of the biggest overlooked factors with this trade. Kobe, having to spend all that energy on the offensive end, is usually matched up with the team's poorest perimeter player. That's why he's always on Battier. But, referring back to the Lakers-Pistons series when he had to defend Rip Hamilton, it really hurt him on the offensive end because it tired him out so much trying to guard Rip. Kevin Martin has a similar effect.

14. flyguy2000

flyguy2000 Member

LOLOLOLOL it's supposed to be:

Why is therr no videos of Kevin Martins passing?

15. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

I've been intrigued by his form for a while and to me it looks as if the release is pretty normal once the ball get's past his chest.
    The side motion when he brings the ball up to shoot is what threw me off. But that same weird load up doesn't show up when he shoots off the dribble, only on his set shot.
    I am very impressed with his movement without the ball, he run off screens well and makes quick cuts to the basket.

16. JDMDC2

JDMDC2 Member

looks like alot of jumpshots I want somone that can get to the basket

17. D-rock

D-rock Member

Everyone is focusing on his 3 pt range and funky release, but Martin's ability to get to the line while attacking the basket is his best asset IMO.

He is an AND 1 generating machine.

18. morpheus133

morpheus133 Member

Yes he was 2nd in the league in FT attempts behind Dwight Howard according to this source: http://www.kingsfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28674

Morey even mentioned this as being very important because when Yao returns, when the other team is in the bonus, Yao becomes even harder to guard.