1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Yao Ming's game again: China vs Turkey 07/31

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by windandsea, Jul 30, 2002.

1. RocketForever

RocketForever Contributing Member

The Turkish team has two NBA-caliber interior players, Mehmet Okur and Hedo Turkoglu, and their center, Mirsad Turkan, is the MVP of the Euroleague. Still they couldn't really score inside. They basically won the game by sinking 13 3-pointers which accounted for 39 of the 78 total points. I am getting excited about the kind of interior defense which Ming is going to bring to us.

#41 RocketForever, Jul 31, 2002
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2002
  2. RocketForever

3. aznlincolnpark

u did a very good job for keeping us update in yao ming's game with turkey. u the man wind and sea. keep it up.
    Go Yao MINg

4. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

Im thinking that if the whole team unity idea wasn't stressed so much by China's National team coach, Ming would get many more touches. I love the high field goal percentages Ming racks up . If I remember correctly, the Rockets were last in the league in team offensive field goal percentages. So Ming can help us right away in that department. And when I see the high number of rebounds he gets, I can't help but vision Ming throwing long outlet passes that will create numerous fastbreaks. That right there should be enough to get them fat bastards in suits up off their bums and cheering.

5. RocketForever

The PG had "0" assist and "0" point...enff said...interesting to know how Ming had scored those 15 points. By the way, Ming is going to love Francis.

#45 RocketForever, Jul 31, 2002
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2002
  6. zero

zero Member

hello, buddys, i am from china, i agree with you, that china PG is very bad, in fact, china is lack of good gurads.

7. D Rose

D Rose Contributing Member

Ming is big. . . .over 300 lbs I beleive and of course tall. . . .I read somewhere that Chinese players while not looking strong in the lower bodies. . .are much stronger than they look. . . .I suspect that Ming is not all that easy to move around. . . .Rockets are headed towards a very fine season. . . .all those bad shooting games. . . .all those close games we didn't win. . . .a thing of the past. . . .

8. andrewmalveaux

Ming will be averaging 15 and 10 by the all star break.

9. andrewmalveaux

Assumimg MoT is the starting 4, Rudy has 4 starters that can score anywhere on the floor from 18 feet in. Name one other team in the league that can do that. Small forward continues to be the only glaring question and I am hoping Nachbar is the real deal.