1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets to acquire Kevin Martin (UPDATE: 3-Way Deal Reached)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Launch Pad

Launch Pad Contributing Member

Just adding the obligatory Hot Spots screen capture for discussion. :grin:

Doesn't look like Martin has much of a mid-range game, although he does okay with the baseline jumpers. I'm also suprised by his inaccuracy at the top of the key. Nevertheless, he seems to get to the hole and does well from the left side at 3-point range.

[​IMG]

2. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

Yeah, I bet he does want that.

3. SunsRocketsfan

I think people are way too excited about Martin.. he is a decent player but he is due almost 40 million over the next 3 years.. Plus like others have said he is not htat good of a shooter.. in addition he doesnt make players around him better.. ehhh its an okay trade.. i guess its better than the NY trade

4. Afterlife

Afterlife Member

How amazing would it be if he went to LAL or CLE and then they didnt make it out of the first round. I dont think he would play in NBA ever again if that happened.

5. StonesRunIt

StonesRunIt Member

averaging his last 2 yrs hes a 40% shooter with nothing to indicate hes going to stay healthy to shoot better.

6. tmacwillbeback

2010 Houston Rockets

[​IMG]

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I'll give you 3 years, but no reason to average just his last two and ignore his first year as a primary player.
    And would that still be .449

I guess if you want to consider that as a poor shooter, go ahead. Also he had a load to carry last year, that tends to bring down your average when you have to carry a bad team and take bad shots...

8. StonesRunIt

StonesRunIt Member

minus the court vision and passing

9. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

lmao :)

10. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

Not sure if it was mentioned somewhere within this thread, but doesn't Martin's propensity to miss a good chunk of the season bother anyone? We have had to deal with nothing but what ifs for the past few years due to injuries and now were bringing in Kevin Martin whose missed games by season looks like this....1st - 27, 2nd - 10, 3rd - 2, 4th - 21, 5th - 31, 6th - already missed 32. Three straight years missing at least 1/4 of the season. I was hoping that at the very least we wouldn't be bringing in such risks...

11. TMackin713

TMackin713 Member

HAHA, he would then, if he doesn't already, believe he is cursed and never will get out of the first round.

12. tmacwillbeback

13. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

ChrisMannixSI

RT @sam_amick Being told Kings trying to get David Lee in McGrady talks with New York

Wow...

14. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

15. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

No. It's all about Jeffries for the Knicks.

John Hollinger just said that if the Knicks get involved, it will be pretty much the same exact deal with the Rockets, with Houston taking on Jeffries and Hill AND getting the picks.

The only difference for the Rockets would be that, for giving up Carl Landry, the Rockets get Kevin Martin back instead of Larry Hughes.

If this is true, then not only do I bow to Morey, I have to give a HUGE hats-off to Les Alexander. With Martin's salary on the books past this season, Les will probably be paying some quasi-serious luxury tax next year.

Get 'er done, Morey (and Les)!!!

16. liamrock

liamrock Contributing Member

17. tmacwillbeback

real classy adelman run team

18. StonesRunIt

StonesRunIt Member

what kind of math are you doing?

45+42+39= 126/3= 42

his last 3yrs hes a 42 percent shooter on the decline

19. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Dam Sac Town going for the hammer on the Knicks, as long as we get Hill they can get Patrick Ewing.

20. TMackin713

TMackin713 Member

haha do half of the foreigners on that team even know what that gesture means?