1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets to acquire Kevin Martin (UPDATE: 3-Way Deal Reached)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 18, 2010.

1. TMackin713

TMackin713 Member

I'm still reserving my judgment so far. I hope there is something else.......

2. tmacwillbeback

Who cares asiddirk inyo mouf

3. tmacwillbeback

what kind of fairy uses smilies after a angry message MAN UP!!!

4. acefan18

acefan18 Member

Amen. How could it be anything but a success if Daryl manages to rape all teams involved?

5. TMackin713

TMackin713 Member

I think we all would have been satisfied with the first NY trade talks, but as soon as the thread "TMAC, now that is over...appreciation" started, our trade talks with the Knicks stop progressing, and things went south. JINX AHHHHHHH

6. been_exed

been_exed Member

Those are angry smiles.

7. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Probably a good trade. I really hate that we brought in another injury prone guard but his salary is a good value and his game fits what this team needs better than any realistic options out there. He is perfect for the Adelman offense.

Although I'm sad to see Landry go I think some of you overrate him. He was not exactly lighting it up since teams started doubling him. He also has tons of problems with long, quick PF (Millsap, Okafur) and his rebounding is poor. Scola, is the more consistent and more well-rounded of the two and he will be cheaper to resign. Again, I'll miss your game Carl but business is business.

Obviously, more deals will be made this summer but the loss of Carl makes our need for more size/athleticism up front even more desperate. Overall, I think the Rockets got themselves a good deal here.

8. LifeisButaDream

Lowry/Martin=Rondo=Allen. :cool:

9. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

I'm thinking about making the 90 mile drive out to Sacto to watch Landry next time the Rockets play there.

10. rterry

rterry Contributing Member

I think we are going to take Jeffries and Hill and maybe some 2nd rounders. The NY first round pick in 2012 will go to SAC

11. Afterlife

Afterlife Member

What do yall think will happen to C-Buds PT now that battier will be coming off the bench now too?

12. Bojangles

Bojangles Contributing Member

[​IMG]

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Major success in my mind. I think Hill can be a player in this league...look i'm not saying i'm a genie...but for some reason I usually get these things right... ;)

We'll see...Hill definitely has all the potential to do all that Landry did. Belee dat.

14. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

why are womens undergarments being mentioned?

15. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

True that, I probably should have wrote a "complete" success. ;)

16. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

our main goal, looking at the big picture was to get good shooters to help yao some how we have shifted away from that. im with morey our main piece is yao, martin would free up the paint a little more landry would not :cool:

17. tmacwillbeback

Its still a little to feminine smilies is general are kinda suspect

18. StonesRunIt

StonesRunIt Member

Ray Allen is shooting bad. And all you said was shooter, not "elite shooter". How many of those are there anyway and at 35% shooting he is comparable to Ariza.

19. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Looooooooooser. You are wasting band width and brain cells

20. Road Rash

Road Rash Member

I think the only reason Rockets were willing to part with Landry is because he is going to go up in price big-time and in order to keep him, we'd have to match any team's offer to keep him. With us having Scola who is about as good as Landry overall, it's wiser to keep him at a much cheaper price.

It will be hard to stomach if Landry ever reaches his ceiling though. In another year or two, he could be one of the best power forwards in the game. We'll just have to see what happens with that.

If we somehow land a Center, than this trade would make us a much better team than we had before. I also hope we land Jordan Hill, i think Morey is trying to steal him from the knicks and he could turn out to be Landry's replacement.