1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets to acquire Kevin Martin (UPDATE: 3-Way Deal Reached)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Kadrak

Kadrak Member

Really hate to see Landry go...it's not often you get a player as tough as he is, with that said, I think we have a big hole to fill. I hope we are not done dealing. I would like us to make a play for Troy Murphy.

2. TopsDrop

TopsDrop Member

They were lacking "height,rebounding and rim protection" even with those 2. You do realize who gortat is "back-up" C for right?

3. Trackball

Trackball Member

My bad, I should've clarified. I've been visiting the main site for years--I'm new to the forums.

But still, a guy giving out his real-life address over this? That's...that's just wrong. Not to mention it makes one an easy target for identity theft.

Believe me, I love the Rockets as much as the rest of you. But I don't want this site to wind up on the evening news because someone tried to arrange a fistfight! Something like that really did happen on another website a few years ago, you know.

And if this is just one big elaborate troll by tmacwillbeback...ugh.

4. raj87

raj87 Member

Aaron Brooks will likely be our first man off of the bench. Lowry will be our starting point guard going forward.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Do these guys score as much as Kevin Martin with their shot? Obviously they are not the type of guys I meant...Elite Shooters in the NBA. Only Peja was once that...those other guys were good shooters.

Hence the reason I said Ray Allen.

Besides, you came in here saying he can't shoot and compared his shot to Ariza, remember?

6. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Hill coming to Houston anyway would make sense if we trade Landry! I hope this is the right trade! :grin:

7. tmacwillbeback

you probably weren't even a citizen when they one those championships and who cares about the past talking about right now i will put my house up against the rox with yao

8. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

I don't get it? What did Landry do to piss of Morey? :confused: :confused: Wasn't Morey gonna offer him an extension or something? :confused:

9. tmacwillbeback

Who cares about the past thats like saying pistons are a better team than rox because they have more champonships

10. RoxTurk

RoxTurk Member

Marc Berman tweets:

Arn Tellem tells me 3-way talks ongoing between Knicks-Rockets-Kings and could well be the same Knick players involved without the picks.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

(Ric Bucher)Ty Thomas likely to Charlotte.

NYPost_Berman
    Arn Tellem tells me 3-way talks ongoing between Knicks-Rockets-Kings and could well be the same Knick players involved without the picks.

12. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

It was a joke. I was simply saying that Morey is tired from working the phones before the trade deadline. Don't look too much into it.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

WojYahooNBA
    Sources say that Knicks-Bulls talks on Tyrus Thomas trade have lost traction. "A long shot now," one official says.

14. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP! Go back to Atlanta and root for your freakin Hakws you troll! Im going to report you to Clutch asap! You are taking things way too far with these racial slurs! SOMEBODY NEEDS TO BAN THIS GUY! DO SOMETHING GUYS! :mad: :mad:

1 person likes this.
  15. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Hate to see Carl "the tooth" Landry go. Not a big fan of this trade unless we end up getting something back from the Knicks as well.

16. Rockets1616

Rockets1616 Member

17. Chuck 4

Chuck 4 Member

I wouldn't expect to get the picks, but I do expect Jordan Hill.

18. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Clutch is hearing sources think Jordan Hill will end up a Rocket, if this happens this trade will be a success in my book.

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yeps...I think I rather have Hill...Tyrus Thomas is a UFA I believe and he could just be a rental.

20. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

How are they going to get someone to take Jeffries without involving the picks?