1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets to acquire Kevin Martin (UPDATE: 3-Way Deal Reached)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 18, 2010.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Ever since when has Morris Peterson been a scoring threat like Kevin Martin EVER was?

Peja is a odd odd case, he's one of those guys that completely fell off his game.

And Dunleavy...again...was never considered as good a scorer as Kmart.

2. acefan18

acefan18 Member

Chicago Tribune

League sources said the Bulls were active in the discussions between the Kings and Rockets that resulted in the trade sending Kevin Martin to Houston and Tracy McGrady to the Kings.

The goal would've been unloading Kirk Hinrich's contract, which stretches for two more years and $17 million.

Hinrich would have gone to Sacramento and Brad Miller and Tyrus Thomas would've gone to Houston. If that had happened, the Bulls likely would have opted for Kurt Thomas and Francisco Elson from the Bucks for help up front.

It's unknown if talks with the Kings regarding McGrady can be revived Thursday before the 2 p.m. trade deadline."

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archi...ed_in_houston_sacramento_talks/#ixzz0fuClsTtG

Yes please

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I never did. I'm the one defending Martin from these claims that he's not that good of a shooter.

4. RedArmy00

RedArmy00 Member

This trade is a huge mistake. We trade a former all star and a young 6th man of
    the year candidate for a slightly above avg but injury prone scorer and some filler? I'm
    very dissapointed.

5. tmacwillbeback

hawks are better than rox and got more national tv games

6. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I misunderstood. I thought you were saying Kobe wasn't a good shooter. My mistake friend!

7. LScolaDominates

As much as I hate to see Landry go, his minutes are less valuable to the team than Martin's will be. I suspect Hayes will play more PF, which is his natural position. For Martin's part, he will relieve Ariza and Battier from having to play minutes at the SG position. In that way, this trade should have the added advantage (i.e. beyond just the talent coming in vs. going out) of balancing the lineup and allowing more of our players to play the roles in which they excel most.

1 person likes this.
  8. Trackball

Trackball Member

GUYS.

I'm sad Landry's leaving too--the man has more guts than any player out there today. Barring a career-altering injury (a la Ralph Sampson), he may well become a big star.

But I've been coming here for years, and just signed up less than 24 hours ago. I don't need to see or put up with BS like this on my FIRST FREAKING DAY.

This is BASKETBALL. There are MORE IMPORTANT THINGS in life! Do you really want Clutch to get tough on you?

9. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

How many championships to the Hawks have again? Rockets=2, Hawks=0, enough said! The Hawks wouldn't survive in the West! They lucky they are in the Leastern conference!

10. Pulp

Pulp Member

Where is the Landry appreciation thread?

11. W-Mac

W-Mac Contributing Member

Didn't look through the million pages in this thread, so forgive me if this has been posted:

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/sports/nba/100218-rockets-trade-tracy-mcgrady

HOUSTON - NBA sources told FOX 26 Sports early Thursday morning the Houston Rockets have reached an agreement on a trade with the Sacramento Kings that sends Tracy McGrady to the Kings for guards Kevin Martin and Sergio Rodriguez, center Hilton Armstrong and forward Kenny Thomas.

The Rockets will also send the Kings forwards Carl Landry and Joey Dorsey.

However, league sources told FOX 26 this trade could grow to a much larger deal that could move McGrady to the New York Knicks as part of a three-team trade.

If that is the case Dorsey would be moved to the Knicks and the Rockets would get forward Jordan Hill from New York.

"I won't know everything until in the morning," said Dorsey in an interview with FOX 26 Sports. "I'm told both teams like me. So I'm looking forward to getting a chance to play.

Dorsey said he was not caught off guard by the trade.
    "No, I'm not surprised," Dorsey said. "Mac (McGrady) told me I was going to be traded with him. I just didn't know Carl was going to be traded too."

Landry has already come to grips with what has happened.

"I'm fine," Landry said in an an interview with FOX 26. "I'm upbeat.
    "I'm excited about a new beginning with Sacramento. Houston has been great to me. I've build a lot of relationships here and I'm going to miss it.

"I look forward to playing with the Kings and bringing them some life."

Rockets general manager Daryl Morey has not been available for comment.

12. Kukai

Kukai Member

Love, Love, Love me some Landry.

Unfortunately he was going to be GONE anyway after this season. Why? More money from MANY teams willing to pay.

He doesn't start now.

This should mean Scola will stay though.

13. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

If you've been visiting you know things like that happen all the time... And it's obviously not your first day.

14. QdoubleA

QdoubleA Member

Your name it makes me chuckle tmac gone you go with him stop posting Rox over hawx k thnx bai

15. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

There IS more to the trade though. Morey will find us a big.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

take it easy bro. The guy is trolling but when he starts making racial slurs he's gonna get responses.

I'll just copy paste it to /b/.

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

That's why I compared his career FG% to Kobe's.

Of course though, that is also why I said FG% doesn't say much...because if it did it would mean Martin is very close to the level of Kobe...

My main concern with Martin is his health...but there is a first time with every thing (As we have learned with Matt Schaub...) so maybe the year he plays 82 games is the year we go all the way!

18. MrJason

MrJason Member

NO! As much as I like Martin as a scorer, his defense is horrendous, especially with Brooks running with him.

Remind you of another backcourt duo?

Curry and Ellis anyone?

19. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

How many hours do you think GMDM has slept in the last few days?

If you piss him off right now, he'll turn you into an asset... an intangible asset.

20. StonesRunIt

StonesRunIt Member

You said shooter, not scorer so i listed shooters. Read what you type.