1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets to acquire Kevin Martin (UPDATE: 3-Way Deal Reached)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 18, 2010.

1. DreamShakeFTW

DreamShakeFTW Member

We BARELY have a chance to sign our own FAs, much less go after others...

2. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Dude Relax, Its just my proposal its not like their gonna act on it :rolleyes: , plus Jeffries only make 6.8 million for another yr thats it, LINK , while at the same time they get Landry, Dorsey & Hughes 13 mill. expiring, TO ME its seems that Jaffries is a fair price to pay for those assets and expiring contract.....but again its just my opinion

sheesh, SMH

--RB

3. StonesRunIt

StonesRunIt Member

That first yr, sure. 43% is decent in a sense and he had his healthiest season. But thats it,im not sure why people are under the impression that 40% shooting is dominating anything but the ball

4. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

We still have the full MLE.

5. jasonh42

jasonh42 Member

I seen on ESPN the Knicks wanted the 2012 pick top 10 protected. So that trade was not looking as good as I first thought.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

you want to start talking **** tough guy?

oh yeah, the internet is your protection.

you wanna meet me? that could be arranged ;)

7. tmacwillbeback

I'm in atlanta 2086 Bankhead Hwy Atlanta, GA 30318 you feel anyway about me bra please show up at my house

8. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Oh brother, not the "oh yeah, let's meet up and fight!" routine.

It's the innanets people, not something to get mad about.

9. jasonh42

jasonh42 Member

Don't you know that's how the tough guys work talk smack on-line. He is probably 5'-8" 110# and would not say boo if he was face to face.

10. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

yawn...all you have to do is hit logout.

11. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

We will have the MLE and LLE along with our draft picks in addition to resigning our guys.

12. raj87

raj87 Member

REEKO_HTOWN and tmacwillbeback, please refrain from any further posting activities for 1 day, please. The two of you need to relax and cool down.

13. tmacwillbeback

Can't help it you can't take a joke that happens to be true its time for you to go stand n front of home depot anyway so you can leave clutchfans

14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

meeting dudes from message boards...OMG SOUNDS HOTTT!!

15. orbb

orbb Contributing Member

dude....

16. Trackball

Trackball Member

...You seriously gave out your real address?

Over a BASKETBALL PLAYER?

And I thought I had whacked-out priorities...

17. TopsDrop

TopsDrop Member

97.9 just played some boyz II men with Tmac voiceover like an homage. It was sort of surreal to think that he really is gone. He did a good job here for a few years but his work ethic and ego drove him down quick. I wish him the best and hopefully "Mo-ray",as I like to call him, can work a little more magic and bring in some more goodies. Landry is gone, but scola can handle it. I'm still in it for my team this year but, I'm definitely looking forward to next season. The Return of Mr. Yao Ming

18. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

You are too caught up on FG%.

Kobe shoots a bad % sometimes, do you think any one complains? Who else was Tmac going to pass to? Luther Head? Tmac was a budding superstar at the time we got him, much more than Kmart was/is. I remember everyone predicted this would be Kobe/Shaq part deux.

I really don't think Tmac was a ballhog, not in the least. In fact I have no problem with how he played the game. I have problems with his mentality and his approach to play the game, maybe if he had that same hunger Kobe and Lebron have, that same determination to be the very best that EVER played...but he never had that...

Oh well, we are moving on. Kmart is a good shooter, His numbers tell you that...his history tells you that. Shooters do not decline, they NEVER lose their shot. They may get out of rhythm for a while...keep in mind Kmart has played a whooping 13 games this year...but shooters never lose their touch. They may lose the ability to create their shot...but Ray Allen is always going to drain a open 3 well into his 30s...

I can't even imagine the idea of a shooter like Martin suddenly not being able to shoot the ball well.

19. BmwM3

BmwM3 Contributing Member

Kevin Martin is a good edition. I just hope he can stay healthy. The pass 5 seasons he averages 62 games, so it's safe to say he's injury prone. But when he's healthy he produces. It's just tough to lose Carl Landry though. :(

There has to be another trade going down for a big man. Because if we are going to have Hayes/Andersen/Thomas/Scola protect the middle, than we are in trouble.

20. emcitymisfit

emcitymisfit Member

The one who stands to benefit the most from this is Ariza.

With Yao to collapse defenses into the post, and Martin and Brooks to provide legitimate back court scoring threats, Ariza will have the space he needs to perform like he did next to Kobe.