1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets to acquire Kevin Martin (UPDATE: 3-Way Deal Reached)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 18, 2010.

1. tmacwillbeback

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1vEFK_zqsOw&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1vEFK_zqsOw&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

2. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I hope the mods send you packing soon.

3. tmacwillbeback

Here's to you acefan18

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/J6Gy6oITU2I&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/J6Gy6oITU2I&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Even though I like Kevin Martin, I think we do have to prepare for the possibility that this is similar to when we acquired McGrady; a player who "used" to be a great shooter who has seen his efficiency drop each year.

I hope that is not the case and that Martin bounces back to his high performance levels on a new team, back in Rick's system and especially with Yao drawing attention.

It is still possible though. So I am cautiously optimistic.

5. tmacwillbeback

who cares i follow tmac

6. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

How does his ass taste?

7. StonesRunIt

StonesRunIt Member

Exactly Tmac shot 35% before the yr he was traded to us. That yr he shot 41% for the magic, they gave him the boot over injuries and he became a consistent 40% shooter... its all too familiar.

8. tmacwillbeback

Like the bench

9. StonesRunIt

StonesRunIt Member

* Tmac shot 45%

10. justtxyank

They actually gave him the boot because he was about to be a FA and said he would not stay with the Magic.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

do us a favor and GTFO.

1 person likes this.
  12. pbthunder

pbthunder Contributing Member

Phx doesn't want expiring contracts. Their fear has been that Amare would leave at the end of the season, and they'd end up with nothing. They want good contracts.

13. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Idk what you are talking about still.

Tmac dominated when we got him, it was everyone else that sucked on the team then...

14. bellclare1

bellclare1 Member

Well goodbye 2 u 2 pal :cool:

15. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

A lot could be handled differently, but the TMAC trade itself back then was a great trade. You don't have many opportunities to acquire a superstar in this league. I remembered that our offer(3 starters including Francis&Mobley) is far from the best offer Magic can get. It's TMAC's willingness to play with yao and Magics' willingness to get rid of TMAC made the trade possible.

16. tmacwillbeback

17. E-Man

E-Man Member

With Martin on our team, do we have a chance to go after the free agents this upcoming summer now?

18. StonesRunIt

StonesRunIt Member

lmao.......

19. tmacwillbeback

Hey reeko don't you have some cousins to pick up sneaking across the border

20. justtxyank

Only via sign and trade or mid class, just like before the Martin trade really.