1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Amare confirms he is being moved

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Al Capone, Feb 17, 2010.

Tags:
  1. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

Its appearing more and more like April Fools!

I could just imagine this happening tomorrow:

11 a.m. CT DM : Guys, Guys! We have a trade going down... oh never mind NY is thinking about it...

1:30 p.m. CT DM: Guys, Guys! We really have a trade... oh never mind, NY still thinking about it...

4:00 pm Central 2/18/10 DM: Guys, we have made a trade!!! NY Finally said YES!!!

? : Uhmmm Daryl, your a little late, the trade deadline just passed... NY delayed us on purpose so we'd keep T-Mac, in hopes that he'll be bought out so that they can get him!

DM: Dang! I should have not had been patient huh?

? : :confused: You think?

:( :( :(

2. worzel gummidge

They've been wanting him gone for a long while now. He rubs their fanbase wrong with his comments.

3. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

- ChrisMannixSI

Hope the Rockets call and make an intriguing offer.

4. MourningWood

MourningWood Contributing Member

He may be Miami-bound.

The Heat will have to part ways with Mike Beasley and a couple of draft picks.

5. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I will laugh out loud if Amare isn't traded by the deadline to the Heat.

6. leslie

leslie Member

Why does Chicago prefer Tmac to Amare?

7. ItsMyFault

The expiring I'm guessing?

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i do not want amare you people are freakin crazy if you prefer this deal to the knicks one.

wow

9. ItsMyFault

10. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

any particular reason why you think that? I dont see why they wouldnt pull the trigger on an amer'e trade as long as it didnt involve Wade. The only exception would be if they had to take on an additional and significant contract, but if it's for amar'e only, why not?

11. ItsMyFault

Well apparently Miami isn't willing to give up Beasley... but I don't think the Suns would get anything out of that trade... they're better off not trading him. The Suns are looking for a pick plus an expiring contract... they won't get either with that.... I just feel that they really can't benefit from getting anything from Miami, they're better off just keeping Amar'e.

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

because they have solid big men who are also young. Noah is legit, so is Gibson. That's pretty much their starting 4 and 5 of the future, maybe even immediate future, problem is they arent exactly scorers, so i think they realized they need a better scorer to pair up with Rose either at the 2 or 3. and that's not really deng, hinrich or salmons. I dont think they expect tmac to fill that role either, but his expiring gives them a change to sign someone who can.

13. worzel gummidge

Why trade for Amare when Heat can just sign him in the summer? This will either force the Suns to offer him that $20M/yr contract or close to it or they let him go for nothing in return.

Wish the Rockets had a TE or non-guaranteed contract to make a play for Nash this summer.

14. SunsRocketsfan

umm nash is not a free agent.. i think he just signed like a 3 year deal with Phoenix this year..

15. Rockets1820

Rockets1820 Member

Let's see we would get a perenial all star as opposed to scrubs from the knicks. Not a hard choice at all Amar'e ALL DAY.

16. RocketsFan11

RocketsFan11 Member

Yes, but Amare is a RENTAL. He's gone at the end of the season to the highest bidder. However, I guess I'd rather have a solid player for the rest of the year than Tmac doing nothing for us...

17. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

i want amare...i dont care if he cannot play d

18. worzel gummidge

i didn't suggest he was.

19. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

Can't play D but he just brickwalled Marion's dunk attempt. This mavs game is getting some horrible calls.

20. raining threes

Dont the Rox get Stoudamires Bird rights?

If Amare plays well I could see clearing enough cap space to sign him long term.

If he doesn't play well the Rox let him go and either make a sign and trade or use the MLE to upgrade the team as well as resigning Scola.