1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Rockets to decide on Knicks, Bulls offer Wednesday

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Feb 16, 2010.

?

Which proposed deal do you like better?

1. Chicago

56.6%
  2. New York

43.4%
  1. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

man, I wish I could convince somebody of my opinion

if Ny is posturing, then say screw them and hang up the phone. play hardball. tell Ny and tellem that we will marbury tmac the rest of season no buyout. tmac and his agent will panic and force Ny to up offer.

i dont see thaty happening, but the bulls offer is less than amare/richardson. Just start over. We got destroyed by Miami by 33 and utah clearly has our number. Landry isnt who we thought he was, neither is Brooks. Trade a package Kerr will like . Something like tmac.battier,landry for amare and richardson and then mark Cuban will not beat us. we have no answer for dirk,butler,kidd. We need stars, not "2012 pick". By 2012 yao's window will be CLOSED.

2. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

#alanhahn

Let's just remember, McGrady is physically nowhere near what he was as an all-star. Can't expect much in 29 games when he hasn't played much

It seems like Alan is confident that She-Mac is coming to the Big Apple.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Was gonna post and say the same thing.

4. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I really think the Bulls' deal has something we haven't heard about, possibly from a 3rd team, which is why Morey is holding them as a backup option.

5. kaleidosky

kaleidosky Your Tweety Bird dance just cost us a run

you can't convince anybody of your opinion to trade Battier and Landry and get back Amare and Richardson. Cause it's not smart.

And your "we need stars, not 2012 pick" is ridiculous. Guess what? Teams that aren't RIGHT on the cusp don't just ignore the future.

6. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

Yeah, I'm seeing his tweets and he's talking with fans on where they would position him in the lineup, his playing time for the rest of the season, etc..... :rolleyes:

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

Maybe. There have been no mentions of a 3rd team though. The only team with significant interest in Hinrich is LAL. Who do you want from there? It's also been said he is just using the Bulls for leverage/negotiating.

8. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

wow. couldnt disagree more.

1.we would be on the cusp if we had brooks/amare/yao

2.2012 yao's window closed(if it isnt already)

2.of course its smart. richardson clearly> battier and clearly amare>landry

your letting your hate toward either amare or love for battier blind you

if we draft a 20 yr old in 2012, we wont even see him blossom till about 2014ish, it takes a few years for rookies to develop

so your telling me Im dumb because I think a 35 yr old Yao in 2014 isnt going to be good. wow.

9. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

True and I imagine that is the case but the Bulls seem to think they have a shot so maybe it's Morey's jedi mind tricks playing them for a fool but I could see the extra picks coming from another team thus the debate.

10. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

and the reason I cant convince anybody is because Battier is loved even if he goes 1-10 like Last night. I dont know what it is. His smile? His good vocabulary? His defense letting Kobe destroy us? His 1-10 shooting? Why the Battier worship? Thats the weaklink and I feel like Im the only 1 in Houston that has a clue that Battier needs to go. To slow,to old,cant create,now he cant shoot. And oh, he gets paid somewhere around 9 mil this yr and next. I dont expect a great playoff run until battier is off the team. we play 4 on 5 every night.

11. J.R.

J.R. Member

Amar'e is destined for Miami. That's where he wants to go. Why give up Landry and other pieces for a 2 month rental?

12. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

What i saw of Battier last night (shooting 10%)I would say he should be traded pronto while we can still get something for him. His myth of intangibles is almost turning into a ghost! :p

13. abc2007

abc2007 Member

NY trade is high risk and high reward.

CHI trade is what we can see now. In fact, Miller, TT, and Salmons are all players who can contribute. I watched CHI's playoffs last year. I was impressed by those players.

14. mugrakers

mugrakers Member

Are people still on the Battier bandwagon? Seriously just stop.

15. NO NAME

NO NAME Member

obviously Bulls' deal can help Rockets this season, I like it better, NY's deal has too much uncertainty.

16. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

You mean by 2012 we can get rid of our scrub center and use that money for a real star.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

Wojo & Spears: If the New York Knicks and Houston Rockets work out an agreement for Tracy McGrady, Knicks rookie Jordan Hill expects to be in the deal, a source close to him said. The Knicks have made it clear they’ll be willing to include Hill if it helps them move Jared Jeffries’ contract.

Trading Hill and Jeffries would clear more than $9 million in salary-cap space, allowing the Knicks to possibly sign two max-level free agents this summer

18. AXG

AXG Member

I don't like the Bulls deal. You're basically just getting expirings for other expirings with nothing to show for it beyond this year. And adding Thomas deosn't solve any of the Rockets issues on offense and he plays the same position as Scolandry.

19. worzel gummidge

Hinrich was rumoured to be headed to Minnesota earlier in the season. T-Wolves possibly own three 2010 first round picks (protected)

http://www.realgm.com/src_future_draftpicks.php

20. worzel gummidge

http://twitter.com/davidnuno/status/9222531156