1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jordan Hill was 0-4 tonight. Is this guy really worth it?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BarkleyHater84, Feb 16, 2010.

1. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

2. Shaud

Shaud Member

Wow they really compared him to Chris Bosh?

3. lmaballa

lmaballa Rookie

wow are you that stupid? Are you really complaining about 0-4?

It's not hard to miss 4 consecutive shots ........

Worse thread ever!!!!

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

amazing but cheap because of one tragic flaw preventing greatness? Yup, Morey's type alright.

5. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

i don't even know what that means. are you saying this because morey has avoided guys like lebron, kobe, cp3, wade, bosh? i mean they have been pretty easy to acquire because they have moved to different teams so often. maybe you can tell me when all those guys were actually acquired by their present teams. pretty sure they were all on draft night, but i might be wrong ;)

6. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

He is a lotto PF; 2 months predraft, he was a consensus top 3 pick.

Really Hill can't be that bad;

7. withmustard

withmustard Member
    Supporting Member

8. Hball

Hball Member

Has he had atleast one breakout game this year to show he really has potential in some aspect of the game whether it's shot-blocking, rebounding, scoring etc.

I've never even heard of this guy before, and if the knicks picked him he's got to be a bust :(

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

after 10 pages of this and finally figuring out whether he's worth it or not, we'll be trading with chicago :)

10. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Yes, I would take Toney Douglas. Good defender and good backup PG. He was the ACC's leading scorer and defensive player of the year last year.

11. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Al Harrington or no deal

12. Slimjim19

Slimjim19 Member

It must be the hair.

13. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

So Jordan is going to turn into another Yao?

14. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

Please no.

15. -Dynasty-

-Dynasty- New Member

Jordan Hill

Rookie PF
    6'11
    22 years old
    Top 10 pick
    15/10 guy per 36 mins (not that it means much)

The guy has potential and is already a very good defensive player. His offense is unpolished but that should come with time. He offers size and athleticism to the front court which we sorely need.

16. koopa

koopa Member

I saw this guy in the draft clip..he's still very raw and doesn't seem very confident..by the way he says I need good coaching. His footwork is raw..I dont' see him much of an upgrade from dorsey..dorsey probably can bully the guy..and we all know dorsey is a bust in the nba. The big similarity is both of them look lost in organized nba play.
    The only plus he can do is he's a tall forward and he can do hook shots with both hands unguarded. His mid range jumper is probably ok..but he seemed exhausted. He doesnt seem like a gifted athlete or great. I don't think he's that great..I don't know what morey is doing seriously and we will be getting jared jeffrie's contract..this guy is the worst player in the nba who misses 70% of his layups.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DxBwQIOKeM

1 person likes this.
  17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

How is Dorsey a bust? He was drafted in the 2nd round.

Yeah I don't see how it's fair to say he looks lost in organized play. Did he look lost in college? Maybe he DOES need good coaching? Some times the entire Knicks team looks lost, and so does ours.

18. koopa

koopa Member

@jayhansom we'll see..anyway I just think we have a better deal with chicago in getting proven players for tmac..brad miller and tyrus thomas rather than jordan hill, jeffries (the worst player in nba who starts and averages 4 pts 4 rebounds) with a 7 million contract. Seriously what value does the money pinching morey see in this trade? rather let tmac's contract expire and sign a free agent than taking KNICKS burden and giving them a favor..
    And i guarantee jordan hill even if he doesnt bust he'll need 2-3 more years to contribute. just like rudy gay and rudy gay was a much higher rated guy

19. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Okay...but who are you going to sign?

Surely not Lebron/Wade/Joe Johson/Bosh...and whoever else you may be thinking that will want more than the MLE. We still won't be able to sign a max contract.

20. NO NAME

NO NAME Member

sorry the link died
    [​IMG]