1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

IF Croshere is signed....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsPimp, Jun 13, 2000.

1. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

...who will be left off the team?

There are only a handful of players that we can "guarantee" will be in Rockets unis...

Hakeem
    Francis
    Mobley(if signed [​IMG] )
    Anderson
    Croshere(if signed)
    $4.3 mil exception

These ones, most likely will be Rockets, but who knows.

Cato
    Moochie
    Wizard
    KT

These are the guys on the bubble or are FA's.

Rogers
    Massenburg
    Bullard(isn't he always on the bubble?)
    Drew(good luck elsewhere - watch him stay)
    Gray
    Miller

Did I leave anyone out?

------------------
    We need some meat in the post!

2. pakirocketfan

pakirocketfan Member

It would be great for the Rockets if we drafted Croshere. He has everything, the total package. He has a nice touch from the outside, a quick first step, a nice post up game, the strength for the dirty work down low, AND an incredible work ethic. He developed a shot and added 20 pounds of muscle over the summer. He has everything any team could possibly want, especially the rox since we are so weak at the 4.
    Sign Croshere!!!

------------------

3. Rocket Guard

Rocket Guard Member

pakirocketfan:it would be great for the rockets if we DRAFTED croshere [​IMG]

------------------
    NEVER underestimate the heart of a champion!!!

4. Speed

Speed Member

5. alaskansnowman

Good points pakirocketfan, but here are a few things that have come up in another thread...

1.)IF we play Croshere as a PF, which we probably will do at least part of the time, he will get ripped up by the WEST power forwards. I think CabbagePatch pointed out that Timothy Duncan, Garnett, Mcdyess, Malone, Rwall, Webber, heck even Vin Baker could probably beat up on Croshere.

2.)The only reason that Croshere is playing so well in the Finals is that La's forwards suck.

3.)Gettin Croshere does not truly solve our pf promblema cuz he cant go up against the starting power forwards of most of the Western Teams.

4.)But gettin Croshere at sf does solve our problem there, but it looks like Bull may have seen his last minutes of playing time.

5.)What's more important, sf or pf? Because if we get Croshere, we hafta play him as sf pretty much. I personally think pf is more important... I like KT, but it's going to be very hard for him to overcome his natural disadvantages(a lil short + a lil chubby) in order to reach a high level of playing. That's why we need MOISO to PUNISH the likes of Rwall and Garnett.. hehe, j/k. But Moiso would match up well against those long skinny pf's of the west.

Well anyway, despite all of this, da rox will prolly go after Croshere anyway. And if we do get him, I hope all that crap I said up there is wrong.

------------------
    treasurer of the moochie norris fan club

6. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Speed- interesting question. It's been thrown around in a few threads today, and it's an interesting scenario. All in all though, when I consider the fact that Croshere is proven, a great fit for the Rockets, etc., I would. I don't know about the Rockets, but if they like him as much as some have said, I'd bet they might too.

------------------
    Cheaters never win. Unless you play for LA that is.

7. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I would trade the 9 pick for Croshere in a heartbeat, unless Martin falls all the way to #9 (haha)

I dont think Croshere is gonna get "beat-up" by those aforementioned players. He would be an improvement defensively over KT I think.

I watched Croshere TAKE OVER games during the regular season for the Pacers. I saw him torch the Heat and dunk all over Zo and Brown. Croshere by himself won the Pacers at least 5 to 10 games this year.

He would be a good fit on the Rockets.

------------------
    What do you get when you cross a dinosaur with fireworks?

8. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I think saying Croshere will get ripped by the West power forwards is an unfair assessment, especially when the Rockets forwards haven't exactly kicked them around!

His job would not be to dominate the opposing PF. He would be more of a scrapper and hustler that would contribute by doing the dirty work. He would be responsible for wearing down his opponent and playing physical. Most of his minutes would come at the SF position with the rest backing up our starting PF(#9 hopefully).

One thing I am worried about is the Rockets overpaying for him.

------------------
    We need some meat in the post!