1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who likes the proposed Knicks trade?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Feb 15, 2010.

?

She-Mac/Dorsey/Cook for J. Hill/Jeffries/A. Harrington or L. Hughes + Draft Picks

1. In DM we believe

495 vote(s)
    75.1%
  2. What the hell are you doing, DM?

164 vote(s)
    24.9%
  1. NO NAME

NO NAME Member

Don't like it, the purpose of this trade is for the future, it doesn't help the Rockets much for now.

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

which is good b/c we're nowhere close to a championship, even if yao returns.

3. Rocketman2000

Rocketman2000 Contributing Member

DITTO :grin:

I like this trade better than the Butler/Haywood trade.

1.We get a Rookie-legit big man, with tons of upside on the cheap
    2. The 2011 draft pick exchange
    3. The 2012 1st round pick (unprotected)
    4. 2010 or 2011 2nd round pick (If its the first pick in the 2nd round its just like a late first rounder)

4. caffreys_irish_ale

caffreys_irish_ale Contributing Member

Chances are next year the Nicks will be in the playoffs because they are in the east and they should be able to pick up a very good player this summer. So we will not be getting lottery picks, so I say no to the trade.

5. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

I like this trade... A LOT

Jordan Hill was a prospective top 5 pick his year. And while Stephon Curry and ultimately Brendan Jennings stole the show, Jordan Hill is the real deal.

Moreover, I feel like for his age, for his history, this guy has the makings of someone who is a REAL big, i.e. a truly healthy BIG, and not a faker like Greg Oden who sadly is big but his bones can't handle it. Hill is a true specimen and thus I think he will prove to be more durable than not. Which, as any Rox fan can attest to, is a big deal for this team. HEALTH!!!!!!!

Check these old draft reports out, if you don't believe me.

And make no mistake, Hill is the centerpiece of this would be trade opposite T-Mac.... not contracts, not money, but HILL.

NBA Comparison: Chris Bosh
    Strengths: One of the most improved players this year … Has the ideal size and length for a PF … He has worked on his body, adding some bulk and definition to an already wiry frame; this new strength allows him to get great position on the block where he is able to utilize a number of moves, but he prefers the left shoulder hook shot … He is comfortable operating from the high post, either shooting a nice looking midrange shot, or utilizing his quickness and putting the ball on the floor to get to the hoop … His faceup game developed nicely; not only has he become a consistent threat out to about 17 feet, but he has added some nice sweep and jab moves to go along with it … Even with the added muscle, he has maintained good mobility and quickness … This season he is playing big minutes but he continues to battle and run the floor, showing a very good motor … He has become a rebounding force on both ends of the floor, he attacks the O glass relentlessly and is able to use his body to control the paint on the defensive end … He has cut down his fouls and increased blocks to 3 per game, proving not only that he is a defensive presence but also that he has become more disciplined … With his developing frame and ability to knock down midrange shots, he has the potential to become a very good weapon in screen & roll situations …

Weaknesses: He has definitely come a long way, but his inexperience still shows at times … When operating in traffic or while facing double teams, he struggles, putting his head down and turning the ball over frequently … A part of the problem could be his hands, often times he doesn’t catch the ball clean, which allows the defense to converge on him and get him out of his comfort zone … His athleticism and strength also get him into trouble at times as he tries to bully through the defense rather than take what they give him … On the block he favors his right hand on finishes (even when turning to his right shoulder), usually exposing the ball back to the defender, and making his shots much more difficult than they have to be … While he has made strides with his maturity, there are still periods of lackadaisical play that he goes through … His lack of focus is also seen at the line, where he shoots a poor 60% on the season (he has shown he can be reliable, going 9-12 and 9-10 in separate outings this season) …

http://www.arizonawildcats.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/hill_jordan00.html
    General: No player has come as far in the last season and a half than Jordan Hill ... Has quickly become one of the Pac-10's best big men ... A big-time athlete and strong shot blocker who is quick off the floor ... Still learning the game, but continues to make rapid progress ... A player in the mold of Channing Frye -- one not highly recruited out of high school, but has shown tremendous ability ... His work ethic should help him continue to improve.

:grin:

theSAGE

6. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm one of those who is having fun figuring out this possible deal, but withholding judgement until I see the details. Heck, until I see that it actually went through. It might not.

7. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

More JORDAN HILL

I'm sorry, but how can you not just DROOOL over this????

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5kByiR3mxM

New York did their homework on Hill. The upside here is incredible. Imagine this guy opposite Yao would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel so happy. It's like X-Mas in February!!!!!

DM PLS MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!!

:grin: :grin:

theSAGE

8. rwienert

rwienert Contributing Member

Think of the pics as assets. If the team is a player away, they can deal them foe that player. These could be lottery picks, and a lot of teams would be willing to part wirh a quality veteran and rebuild with high pics.

Or

If you assume the rockets can contend with yao for the next three years, then these players could be used to jumpstart the rebilding process after. The young guys could be stashed overseas or serve as roleplayers until its their turn to take over. Tony parker was a huge part of the spurs championship teams. Bynum was big for the lakers. Young talent can play a big role on chaqmpionship teams.

9. Hball

Hball Member

Another PF?... I thought we needed a c and sg

10. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

love the draft picks. hate the players.

11. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

scratch that, i like jordan hill. i dont like the older players though. jared jeffries is alright, too.

12. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

It really depends on whether or not NY can sign Lebron this summer doesn't it? I mean, if he goes there, then there go our two lottery picks don't they? It's risky sure, but based on the leaked-out info about the new CBA, I think Morey knows what he is doing. NY has been sacrificing future picks with the presumption that they would be worthless for over a decade now, and they've been wrong every time so far.

I'm still holding out hope that another dark horse team sees the action going on with NY and decides they would rather be the ones to benefit from a 23M expiring though. Prob won't happen, since NY is the only one who wants TMac as a player, but still...

13. batizy

batizy Member

can't believe it will be real.
    The core
    2009 1st round #8
    2012 1st round
    2011 swap , may be a lottery pick
    Jeffris is not too bad in both sides of courts, one of Jeffris,Ariza,Battier is going to leave.

14. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

This is by far the best deal up to this point, if we're getting hill, a 1st rounder, and 1st rounder swap.

ROFL at anyone who thought a 1-2 combo of Yao Ming and Caron Butler was going to do anything but win 50-55 games and never even sniff the WCF. Also, LOL at the people concerned about Yao's "window." No team paying Yao Ming a high salary is ever going to win a title. The sooner Yao is gone or signed to a low contract, the better.

Outside of Bosh and possibly Amare, none of the other deals considered were going to put us in any kind of position to contend. And Bosh/Amare weren't going to happen. With this deal we can get our core signed to reasonable contracts, add some more young talent on rookie contracts, and end up with a very talented team for cheap that will have plenty of flexibility to bring in a superstar. Hell, if we do it quick enough there might be time to put together something with a combination of scola/battier/ariza/pick/young asset to bring in something great right now.

With this being a developmental year, I have no problem with dumping scola and running Landry/Hill at the PF.

15. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

The draft picks are making me drool. I really like this trade.

16. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

not to mention they may Include their 2nd rd pick...which could end up being Renardo Sidney...6'10 PF/C

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/N0U98DCb60o&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/N0U98DCb60o&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

--RB

17. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

i very much doubt the trade is what has been thrown around.

18. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Why would LeBron would be starting all over again by going to the Knicks? He would be even further away from a championship. He would also have to take a pay cut compared to Cleveland. As for endorsements, he gets his endorsement on an international level not city level. Any NY-based company that hasn't already signed LeBron lost the contract to another company.

19. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Man, I was hoping that we could get Jamison, but I guess adding Harrington would help us immediately and not hurt us in the future. The icing on the cake is we dont need to give up our core players and possibly ship Scola out for a legit shooting guard.

20. Rockets_Truth

Rockets_Truth Contributing Member

I like it myself. Whats with all the b****ers?

Its better to get something instead of nothing. Because T-mac aint doing squat for us this year.