1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chicago Paper Nails It

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by moestavern19, Jun 12, 2000.

1. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Wow that was a bold article . I have to say I agree with it completely . Teams are built with people who can handle the ball . Ferry Krause has screwed up again . Sure Brand will be your 20 point 10 rebound per night guy , but you cant build a playoff team around a power Forward . Look at the late 1980's Pistons They Had Joe Dumars and Isiaih Thomas running the show and they won titles . The Lakers had Magic Johnson . The Bulls had MJ . Rockets had Cassel/Elie/Maxwell anyone of those could drop 20+ on any given night .Of course all these teams also had Kareem ,Worthy , Mahorn , Olajuwon , Dennis Rodman , But when did you see any of those guys Bringing the ball up the court? When you look at the Basics you think "How can the Rockets win 34 games with such a 'thrown-together' team " Two Words Steve Francis . Why did the Bulls only win 20 Games or whatever it was with Elton Brand Scoring and rebounding? Two Words Matt Maloney

------------------
    Proud owner of 271 different Hakeem Olajuwon Basketball cards

2. 3pointer

3pointer Member

Of course we have to remember what positions they played , let me ask this , wouldn't we love it if we had both Brand and Francis playing together for the rox ? think of all the possibilities ??

That fan article did state what we here at CC.net have known about and talked about through out the yr. if you want a player to build around ... the guard position is where you start with... just look at MJ , MJohnson, Iseah sp? ... all this players were the ones that the team evolved around ... so we have that position taken cared for yrs to come... no to mention CM another guy that can hold his own.

------------------
    It's all about marketing !

3. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Uh, what was a bold article?

------------------
    Just shut up and post

4. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

The article of the Fan in the Chicago Paper

------------------

5. BrianKagy

BrianKagy Contributing Member

I'm with DoD on this one. If you're going to start a new thread referencing an article, please include either a link or the text of the article. Thanks.

6. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Sigh , Why cant I ever post without someone jumping on my case? [​IMG] Where The Hell is the Clutch 101 book then?

------------------

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Don't make me throw it at you! [​IMG]
    Moe, Moe, Moe...
    Regarding the thread you were referencing (which I eventually found), why would you start a completely new thread referring to an article in another thread? Just go to the first thread and post your comments... believe me, it'll work.

And if you post a new thread and start off with "Wow that was a bold article" and don't tell everybody what article it was, what are we supposed to be commenting on or responding to?

Anyway, we got nothin' but love for ya Moe... well except for Heypartner, that mean ol' man.

And don't ask for the Clutch101 book. Most people here would probably just throw it at you.

------------------
    Just shut up and post

8. pakirocketfan

pakirocketfan Member

Yea Moe you should have referred to the article, j/k. I must disagree with saying that the rox won their championships because of maxwell/elie/cassel. Sure, those people contributed, but they were only role players. The main player was Hakeem. All geat teams are built around great centers, such as Houston- Olajuwon, LA Lakers- Oneal, Celtics- Russel, LA Lakers- AbdulJabbar, Miami- Mourning... the list goes on and on. But Chicago did make the wrong choice by picking Brand, Franchise is much betta.

------------------

9. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

fine you freaks [​IMG]

------------------

10. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

Smeg,

See how Dr of Dunk is being reborn as a member of the Serious Police.

Mango

------------------
    Live long and prosper.
    Donate blood!

Now...back to updating
    The Serious Police Files.

11. CriscoKidd

CriscoKidd Member

I see.

DoD makes me laugh less and less now, as he is always being so serious.

Geez, lighten up DoD.

------------------
    What do you get when you cross a dinosaur with fireworks?

12. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

Mango,

Either way DoD is a joke and his posts a waste of space, come on Admins ban him for his lameness. http://www.DoDbbsnetiquette.com

Smegorama

------------------
    CUT Tino
    Isn't it amazing how quickly everyone did a Cat Backflip!!!!!