1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Bulls remain interested in Tracy McGrady

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by reupdadj1, Feb 13, 2010.

1. rocketsmetalspd

If nothing else comes around this a good trade to do but Morey has been known for the trade that no one thought about. I can't wait for Thursday to get here, it will be my least productive day at work since I will be on this website all day. :grin:

2. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Yea right. Unless your aware of McGrady's latest condition than Chicago got high way robbery. McGrady is not the problem he felt as if since the team found ways to win without him and gelled the city did not need him any more and that he felt out of place. Not just that, but because it was a contract year and he needed big minutes and more shots which wont work in this system.

3. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

that gets thrown around here like nothing...throughout the history of basketball there's been many many players who's stats dropped, only to rise again back to their average, if not better. It's as if no one takes other things into consideration. Players aren't playing arcade basketball here. There's roles, coaching styles, teammates and other variables that affect how players perform. A dip in numbers is not a direct indication of being in decline, especially when a player has no chronic injuries and isn't even 30 yet. And the worst part of this is, Dengs numbers DID NOT drop.

Deng actually is up 4 ppg from last year and scoring right at his career high. Also averaging a career high in blocks, rebounds, and 3pt %. His stls, FT% are about average. Only his FG% dipped and that's just below his avg.

I know you said "for now", but it's not gonna be long before other posters start calling him that just because they read it somewhere on here, and he's not declining, not even for now.

4. t-mac_#3_SG

t-mac_#3_SG Member

If a Bulls trade or a 3-way trade with NY and Chicago happened, then okay, but if we do a Knicks trade,
    they gotta give us Jordan Hill!!!

5. SpiffyRifi

SpiffyRifi Member

First off, Morey has specifically said they are fundamentally against buyouts - while this may be something he says in order to help us trade McGrady it seems to be consistent with Morey's philosophy.

Second of all, whatever we buy him out for still counts against us for salary cap purposes. So the only way it even makes sense for the Rockets to buy him out is if, as the last poster said, he takes an incredibly low ball offer.

Bottom line, if we don't trade him, McGrady isn't playing this season.

6. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

Good call.

7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I know. I'm glad that I have some value to my company, because I sit there and wonder if my IT department shrieks each time they look at my Internet usage.

8. reupdadj1

reupdadj1 Member

just worked out a three team trade w/ Rockets, Knicks and Bulls all expiring contracts

Bulls:

Harrington - 1 Yr
    Cook - 1 Yr

Rockets:

Thomas - 1 Yr
    Miller - 1 yr
    Mobley contract - 1 yr

Knicks:

T-Mac

Everybody fans gets what they want and it works

9. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

At this point, I'll take Tyrus... Get SOMETHING!!!

10. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

If we can somehow get their first round and Deng Id be all for it...

I know they are trying to trade Thomas, not sure how the salaries work if he is thrown in there?

11. adammendoza4

adammendoza4 Member

I wish that could happen,hopefully it does though

12. ROXTXIA

The Bulls want to rid themselves of salary for the Bosh-Wade Summer of Pipe Dreams. So, getting Ny's expiring trash would be fine by them.

I don't quite understand why NY would want Tyrus Thomas. Not that they'd shun the shot blocking and whatnot, but the Knicks are trying to dump salary (sorry, now I'm going off the article posted elsewhere in this thread).

Now, if there's a 3-way trade, obviously John Salmons comes into play, perhaps Tyrus Thomas. The Bulls don't want to lose him for absolutely nothing and yet don't want to be on the hook for the $6.2 mil qualifying offer. The Rox desperately need the athleticism and shot-blocking that TT would bring, although TT's BB heart and/or brain has been called into question.

13. ROXTXIA

Some draft picks would have to be thrown around, maybe some less-than-1 million dollars per-year type players; and getting Salmons off their books would be a Bulls priority (and Salmons is a 2 guard who once played for Adelman).

14. reupdadj1

reupdadj1 Member

but adding salmons who will get $5 mil + this year and next (not enough minutes) put us in the hole for a free agent signing

Thomas - $4 mil
    Miller - $12 mil
    Scola - $3 mil
    Lowry - $2 mil
    Mobley - $9.5 mil
    --------------------------
    $30.5 mil off books + MLE = Big Time Free Agent Right??

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

we want a shooting guard, so not everyone gets what they want. Miller and tyrus would help, but i rather get one big man and a sg than 2 big men.

16. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I like this trade! :grin:

--RB

17. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

You like Tracy ?

[ ] Y

[ ] N

Sincerely,
    Morey

18. JCDenton

JCDenton Member

Still upset about your humiliation on the Caron Butler issue?

19. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I only mention "declining star" because of Morey's phraseology.

I don't think Deng is declining either. It just seems that way b/c of Chicago's season.

20. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Bulls wants TMac's expiring because they will go for DWade in the summer.