1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marc Stein] Sources: Wiz, Rockets talking deal

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lmaballa, Jan 31, 2010.

1. desi tmac91

desi tmac91 Member

Washington's asking price is WAY too high even Wizard fans admit it.

2. rfrocket

rfrocket Member

This has got to be one of the worst deals I have seen proposed.

We give our T-Mac contract(++ for them), and get Butler(+). On top of that we're giving up C-Bud(-), giving up a 1st rounder(-), taking back Stevenson's contract(-), and losing a decent rotational big in Anderson(-). Les gets a mini salary dump this year, but even then we have additional salary next year too(Stevenson).

I'm not a violent man, but Morey(or at least my keyboard) would be in severe danger if that went down. Can't decide whether to channel Bill, or Sir Charles for this one.....Horrrrrrible!!!.....Terrrrrrible!!!

I would rather try for Ellis, Randolph, etc.. from the Warriors, or even expirers, and a decent prospect(Hill, Douglas) from the Knicks.

3. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Wouldn't you like to know who is really targeted and how the conversations have really progressed? Wouldn't we all. Wouldn't we all.

4. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ylyaeh9

I'm thinking that might not be a bad deal for theRockets at all. Buying out Big Z, taking on C.Butler for a year and a half, and getting D. Stevenson for a half season rental. Tough, but I think I could be on board that trade. Gives us more a good presence next year, and allows us just enough to re-sign Lowry and Scola, and give us about $5 mil to sign a backup center.

I'm good with that, for the better of the team.

5. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I think I would puke.

So we would essentally trade
    TMac, Chase, 1st rounder, David Anderson

for

Butler and Stevenson

That is the type of trade I might make if I thought Caron Butler would put us over the top but I just don't see it. Butler will be on the wrong side of 30 in March and the Rockets would still need a major acquisition to compete. Trading Chase plus a 1st rounder is trading the future IMO.

Stevenson is a complete waist and Anderson is a nice piece to bring off of the bench in certain situations.

6. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Calm down, people! I'm not proposing that Morey make that exact trade. I'm just saying what Washington will likely want in return for a trade of both Jamison and Butler. Remember, this is essentially them "blowing their wad" on one fell swoop. If all they have to show for it is J.J. Hickson and some cap relief, I don't think Washington would go for that.

So, to sum up: Not a proposal for the Rockets. Just a realistic view of what Washington would want in return.

Oh, and RedRowdy, Stevenson has a player option for 2010-11 at $4.1M that he will most likely exercise. So you're stuck with him for more than half a season.

7. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

At least it is a reasonable price for him. I hate losing both Bud and Andersen, but it doesnt seem to horrible of a deal. We do get a upgrade in talent, and Les saves some money. Worth considering.
    ;)

8. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Butler sat out tonight with knee swelling...

Im kind of worried that injuries could be an issue for him, he is getting older...

9. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

either thats a "planter fasicitis" fake injury because he is being traded or,he really is old and injured. If the latter, FORGET him. We dont need any more injured players. Man,its this kind of stuff why I LOVE iggy. Iggy NEVER gets injured. The dude is superman. 26 yrs old,tonight 20pts/8rebs/5assists)something like that

I really think Morey 2 yrs from now is going to regret not getting Iggy. Even if it costs us Lowry and Scola. You need to be bold and just "go for it". I posted stand pat earlier as a joke. If I was gm, Iggy would already be tippin on 44's 2 weeks ago.

10. pdewalt

pdewalt Member

Until he comes to the Rockets. :(

11. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

12. mikeyharris

mikeyharris Member

Houston Trades: T-Mac, Jermaine Taylor, Brian Cook
    Houston Receives: Caron Butler and Zydrunas Illgauskas

Washington Trades: Caron Butler and Antwan Jamison
    Washington Receives: T-Mac, Jermaine Taylor, JJ Hickson

Cleveland Trades: JJ Hickson and Zydrunas Illgauskas
    Cleveland Receives: Antwan Jamison

That would be great for us. Get a scoring wing and a big man (whose contract is expiring). Doubt Washington would agree to that too. Cleveland would probably be all over that.

13. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I actually think Washington might agree to that. Only thing rumor is Cavs want trade partner to buyout Big Z so they can resign him

14. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

I don't think Brian Cook would be very happy about apparently evaporating into the ether of the universe. :p

I'm guessing you meant for Cook to go to Cleveland. I could see that being discussed, but I'm guessing that Washington will want Chase and will want either Houston or Cleveland to take back Deshawn Stevenson.

15. Egghead

Egghead Member

If we have to give up Chase, I wouldn't do the deal.. I would only trade Chase in a deal involving Iggy....

16. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Hmmm Dunno i think there is key player that get held ransom some where, before deals go through and then recieved once the deal is complete. You know what i mean when thing go into talks, GM's might have an asset on the radar they can get for another team as long as the asset is held ransom. For instance i don't think we have interest in Haywood, Portland does however. Perhapes Bayless is that player held randsom. I dunno. I know one thing there is two teams who want Mcgrady and i can only see one of them getting them Maybe, but we aint gonna take on Dalembert for sure, but he'll be part of the deal Maybe!! I see 4 teams involved, i see us netting Butler and Martin only temporary, those 2 should net in Bosh. Iggy though certainly 'has a chance' too. Haywwod sign and trade for the expiring contract of Pryzbilla? I dunno!! Well have Williams, but no more Brooks. I think #13 pick goes to Sacramento with Dalembert and then, they move both their picks to top 2 and draft a big. Thats the only way i see us, or see them cutting loose of Martin.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

I still don't think we will acquire a big name or hot name, and instead will opt for something simple like Chicago. Something to the effect of:

Thomas, Miller Salmons, James
    Thomas, Miller, Salmons
    Miller, Salmons, James.

You can kiss goodbye to Iggy(imo) unless Morey comes back at the last hour and says yes, we'll take on a Brand or Dalembert. Even then, I'm not sure. Maybe he is torn on Iguodala's contract? But I don't think we'll get him.

18. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Sometimes when deals go through at first they don't make no sence at all, but sometimes those deals are only the first sequence of the deals that happen later, and then another deal will go down , then later on the deals start making sence. For instance i'm believed that Dalembert been shopped for the last 3 seasons, but not one team has the asset, because they evidently don't see eye to eye or communicate efficiently. to be a GM you have to some times be quite. Nocioni for Dalembert? Never happened, because Nocioni is a longer contract and i'm believed that player is what makes Dalembert sit in Sixer land.

19. LifeisButaDream

found this on realgm
    CLE - WAS - HOU :: Ending the T-Mac, 'Tawn & Z saga

Postby Smooth32 on Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:06 pm
    Here's a simple 3-way trade that seems like it would work out well for all 3 teams involved:

WASHINGTON
    Wizards Trade: Antawn Jamison, Caron Butler, Brendan Haywood
    Wizards Receive: Tracy McGrady, Luis Scola, Leon Powe, CLE 1st Round Pick (2010)

Blatche / Oberto / Powe
    Scola / McGee
    McGrady / McGuire
    Miller / Young / Stevenson
    Foye / Boykins / James

HOUSTON
    Rockets Trade: Tracy McGrady, Luis Scola
    Rockets Receive: Caron Butler, Brendan Haywood, Zydrunas Ilgauskas (buy-out), $3 million cash

Haywood / Andersen / Dorsey
    Landry / Hayes / Cook
    Butler / Battier
    Ariza / Budinger / Taylor
    Brooks / Lowry / Conroy

CLEVELAND
    Cavaliers Trade: Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Leon Powe, 1st Round Pick (2010), $3 million cash
    Cavaliers Receive: Antawn Jamison

O'Neal / Ilgauskas / Jackson
    Jamison / Varejao / Hickson
    James / Moon / Williams
    Parker / West / Green
    Williams / Gibson / Jackson

Tell me what you guys think. It seems reasonable for all sides involved, IMHO. Maybe instead of Powe for Washington, the Cavs could do Jawad Williams + Darnell Jackson?

20. BreakYoSelfFool

Why would the rockets want Illgauskas over Jamison? Especially if they arent gonna keep him.