1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Paul Pierce may have broken foot

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by milkoholic17, Feb 2, 2010.

1. milkoholic17

milkoholic17 Member

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/02/02/pierce.foot/index.html

Already reeling from a spate of injuries to key players, the Boston Celtics may have lost All-Star forward Paul Pierce for a significant period of time to a broken left foot, according to a league source.

The team does not know for sure if Pierce's foot is broken after X-rays taken Tuesday; more tests are scheduled. But it "looks that way," the league source said.

Another league source, while acknowledging that Pierce hurt his foot Monday, also said there was not yet definitive word that Pierce broke his foot and that the injury "might be a lot less serious" than that. Celtics spokesman Jeff Twiss said Tuesday evening that the team's medical staff had yet to make a determination of the extent of Pierce's injury.

The Celtics are hopeful that even if the foot is broken that Pierce won't be out of the lineup for long. But they are not yet certain of that.

Pierce suffered the injury in the first half of Boston's 99-88 victory over Washington Monday night when he got tangled up with the Wizards' Caron Butler going for a loose ball. He said after the game that he thought he sprained the ankle but didn't believe the injury was serious.

The 32-year-old was averaging 18.9 points this season on 47 percent shooting, and was named to his eighth All-Star team last month.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

you self your youth for a championship with old men you get this.

3. vinsensual

vinsensual Member

I'm not sure it was this incident in the game, but was this when Pierce stepped on Butler's foot and they both fell over?

I guess this changes shopping Ray Allen. KG also looks pretty hobbled on the court sometimes.

4. Asian Sensation

Rajon Rondo is the best player on that team.

5. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Might as well Trade Allen and sit out KG and Pierce for the year.

6. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

who should replace him in the all star game if he can't come back by then? Josh Smith?

7. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

Looks like either David Lee or Josh Smith will get their first All-Star selection.

8. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

wut ?

9. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

[​IMG]

I have the over on season wins for them. :mad: (57.5)

10. Shaud

Shaud Member

Josh Smith, David Lee, or Stephen Jackson

11. Tiger23

Tiger23 Member

these old geezers are just fallin apart, i had them winnin it at the start to the season but not anymore

12. Mr. Space City

http://www.nba.com/celtics/news/press_release/press020210-pierce-injury-update.html

13. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

When you make that bet do they pull the cash from your account right away or do you maintain it until the end of the season?

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

That's like 6 straight 3-point makes for the Hawks. JJ is unconscious.

15. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I made it in Vegas...You front the money. So like you give them $100 and they give you a ticket/code. At the end of the year, if you win, they give you $200 and if you lose, you get nothing.

16. OldSchool34

OldSchool34 Member

Pierce sucks. Tmac>Pierce