1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

[Philly Inquirer] Trade rumors swirling around 76ers' Iguodala(McGrady)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsPimp, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Eddie281Houston

I been reading all this post in clutchfans since 2 months ago and ...trust me something big is about to happen.in motet we trust!!!!

2. AndreIguodala

AndreIguodala New Member

Please save me from Philly!!!

1 person likes this.
  3. Moe

Moe Contributing Member

Interesting post, as usual, Lee. I love the Benny Anders reference. For others wanting to count on a lottery pick, very few have put their teams over the hump earlier than about 3 years in the league.

4. LifeisButaDream

League sources polled this week said Philadelphia and New York are the most active. The 76ers are shopping the likes of small forward Andre Iguodala (four seasons and combined $56.5 million beyond this season) and center Samuel Dalembert ($12.9 million next season), with the Kings having shown some interest in Dalembert.
    http://www.sacbee.com/sports/story/2502629.html

5. LifeisButaDream

First come the facts. According to several league sources, the Cavs and Sixers have been in talks about Iguodala. The talks remain open and it is still possible the Cavs could trade for him, contrary to other reports at the end of the last week. At this point, however, the two sides are just in discussion and have not progressed to the serious stage.

Iguodala and the Cavs? It is complex, to be sure. But it is also quite possible. http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2010/01/cavaliers_havent_given_up_yet.html

6. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, Demand a trade to Houston!!!

7. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

Wizards, 76ers, Bulls, Knicks, Kings.. All 5 teams with good players and no one attracts Morey? Wow maybe Morey is being a bit too greedy here. Yeah its good to have 2 superstars but the way guys are playing now add Yao and another scorer and everything should be ok.

Its not talent thats hurting us. Its height. The ability to defend the basket. Adding Yao would probably help. Keep McGrady or trade him it doesn't matter. Out of the 5 teams that have been mentioned the Bulls and 76ers are best for the Rockets to trade with IMHO.

Morey shouldn't be too greedy cause he is going to hold out for a specific player and then come to find out at the end of things he would probably be left with nothing. A distgrunted player in McGrady who wants to play to earn another contract but won't and can't get off the bench because of egos in the organization. His also.

8. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

LMFAO haha nice screen name.

9. LifeisButaDream

Re: SF76 Deadline Thread

Postby mo4allstar on Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:39 pm
    cavs insider wineandgold (VERY VERY respectable poster at realcavsfans.com) said that cavs gm is working overtime to try and make a deal happen with philly. he said dalembert might have to be included.

btw wineandgold broke mo williams deal, days before anyone heard of it and was the first one to report shaq had been traded to cavs.

10. rooney

rooney Member

let mcgrady's contract expire and use the $$$$ to keep all our essential contracts and use the rest of the 23 mil. to throw at Bosh or D. Wade in the offseason

11. RocketMania1991

If you use Mcgradys contract to resign our core players then you don't have hardy any money to go after free agents so that wouldn't work.

12. rocketsmetalspd

Don't get your hopes up. All of the FAs will end staying with their current teams. Houston needs to realize that and get what you can now for TMac and hope for the best.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

I could see this happening, then perhaps Z + filler and/or pick for Jamison.

Williams
    Iguodala
    James
    Jamison
    Shaq

Looks good on paper!

As for Houston, I just get the sense that Morey isn't high on Iguodala and/or his salary. Add to the fact then that he would prob. also have to take on Dalembert. I'm not sure that intrigues him, money wise.

Ehh, we'll find out soon enough. 3 weeks is it?

14. declan32001

declan32001 Member

So few are willing to grasp what Bima's laid out numerous times, but I'm really beginning to wonder what Morey will do at this point.

We have the team option with Landry which is a no-brainer if he isn't traded. Hayes? Hopefully not a problem. Scola & Lowry are scary issues.

Kyle's earned a big raise, but how big? Luis may be the most underpaid guy in the league but I don't know if Morey is inclined to pay him what other teams might.

Everybody talks about Battier's intangibles, but Scola's overall game probably has more impact than anyone on our current roster.

I just have a feeling he'll be going to a team that's close to winning it all, because he's just sort of the ultimate X-factor (sort of like Horry was, but Luis actually plays in the regular season).

Morey's already said the best way to keep this team together is to trade TMac's contract straight up and add a "significant" piece.

But if the Philly deal goes down, Les is looking at big-time luxury tax hell. We'd have to re-sign Scola. Maybe let Kyle go (that hurts me) and maybe Chuck too.

We're all pretty sure More's going to do something, but we're not going to know how painful it might be until the offseason.

15. ivenovember

ivenovember Member

This is why I feel that if we trade TMac for Iggy/Dalm then we're going to make more deals, maybe ship some pieces for Martin in SAC or Bosh, to make sure that we won't have resigning problems this off season.

16. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

17. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

lebron+iggy = mj+ pippen ,give lebron the next 6 rings if that happens(good news is kobe wont win anymore waah waah waah)

18. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

Please please please let it be Iguodala.

This guy's got it all.

Young, talented, right attitude.

omg, i just might have a nerdgasm if DM pulls this off.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

theSAGE

19. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

20. LifeisButaDream

sixerfan1976 wrote:I can tell you this deal has been talked about....as a 3 way trade..these are the pieces i was told but it is subject to change and its been talked about..not imminent. 3 way deals are so hard to do...so I wouldnt get two excited just yet. This at least shows ya they are trying. I dont know if there are any picks or if there are..what they are.

Philly would get Z, West, Hickson, DAnny Green and JRich
    Phoenix would get Iguodala, Dalembert and Kapono
    Cleveland would get Amare, Jason Smith, Ivey

There was talk it could be Green instead of Kapono and also talk that Ivey isnt involved at all. Also was told if something like this occurred..we wouldnt keep Z...I assume that means a buyout or waive.Alot of moving parts..not sure what it does to our cap number. One of you all would be able to sort that out I assume.