1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

[Philly Inquirer] Trade rumors swirling around 76ers' Iguodala(McGrady)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsPimp, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

You're essentially throwing away Lowry and Scola. I think those guys are guys I'd like to keep or at least get some value for. If Mac is traded for Iggy and Sam, I'd like to see Battier and Andersen moved for expirings and a pick if possible. Something like Battier and Andersen to Cleveland for Big Z.

Another factor here is Dalembert's trade kicker. That's another 3.5 mill over the LT this year. Less probably wouldn't be too happy about that.

2. Karolik

Karolik Member

So I lurk around Clutchfans a lot, and I finally decided to make an account.

According to an "insider" , someone with the reputation of Doc Rocket, or W&G at cavs forum. At realgm, 76er's forum.

Now i don't know if this is true, but so far from what i've read and seen, he has a great rep, and seems to know what he's talking about.

2 people like this.
  3. Depressio

Depressio Contributing Member

I saw that yesterday, too. Glad we declined. That would've raped our cap situation.

4. LifeisButaDream

we also declined lanrdy for amare.

5. t-mac_#3_SG

t-mac_#3_SG Member

REALLY!?!? How the f*** could we decline that? that's a steal....

6. Francis 4 ever

if we really declined that deal with the sixers that sucks

7. LifeisButaDream

DirtyDez wrote:Just got an e-mail reply from Gambo. Suns were very interested in Carl Landry but Houston loves his contract and production and isn't interested in Amare at all. He also wrote that PHX doesn't like Beasley but would prefer him over JO + whoever unless they recieve multiple 1st's. Chicago is out for good. NJ and Philly the most in contact. He'll have more on Monday.

8. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I'm on my phone....can someone post a cool story bro pic?

9. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I'm not throwing lowry and scola away. At the end of the yr, they both are restricted and the rockets have first match. Both player will have a cap hold of 6m. Someone will offer scola mle money and i think someone will offer lowry sessions money. Brooks is the starter and landry is younger and i think more explosive player. When those teams offer that compensation, the rockets can do a sign and trade or let the guy walk. Since morey has shown a knack for 2nd rd picks excluding dorsey, then maybe it becomes a sign and trade with a 2nd rd pick thrown in like the rashard lewis deal. There is no way that the rockets can keep scola,landry,brooks,and lowry. Landry is a 7m player and brooks is 6.5 player. All 4 a starters in the nba, but it cant happen with the rockets. It happens just like hedo in sacramento and gerald wallace. Thats just the way it works. This team isn't good enough with a healthy yao as is to be contenders. The small amount of money they will have this summer if they let tracy expire wont be enough to get a player as good as iggy.

10. acefan18

acefan18 Member

[​IMG]

there you go.......bro

11. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Could also see it as trading Kyle Lowry + salary for Andre Iguodala, Louis Williams and Samuel Dalembert...

Louis Williams is making what the Rockets or another team is going to sign Lowry for anyway. The one difference being the Rockets would have to pay slightly more this year in luxury tax.

12. t-mac_#3_SG

t-mac_#3_SG Member

I can't wait for him to get traded. I can't wait to see what trade is going to go down, I'm very curious about where he'll finally go.....

13. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

No to Lou. Yes to Speights.

14. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Declining Iggy/Williams/Dalembert was a smart move. Nobody would take on Williams contract being a possible 3rd player off the bench for that kind of salary next season and he is undersized. Unless you have plans to trade him which is possible you can do the move, otherwise it's stupid to accept that deal and move Lowry imo. You'd have Iggy, Llull, Budinger, Ariza, Brooks, Taylor logging minutes and how would he get any?

15. LifeisButaDream

I just want there pick. :grin:

16. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Amare can't even average a double-double for an entire season why would you trade a player who ammounts to 80% of Amare's production/younger and take on about 70% more with his entire salary?

17. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

[​IMG]

--RB

18. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

they need a player that fits their system. not a player like iggy who is overpaid but pretty good.

I'll take my chances resigning all my guys (with brooks as a starter, you need a guy like lowry backing him up) and looking to the draft/low level fa acquisition.

We have so much leverage, it's not even funny. Good up and coming players on reasonable contracts. Millions in expirings this year and next. A competitive team and a great coach which should help to entice fa's. And tradeabe assets that don't have to be moved this year.

19. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

If true then I am surprised Rox said 'no'. Louie is good. Might have trouble backing up/playing alongside AB? IF Dalembaert would waive his kicker might there be a deal?

20. acefan18

acefan18 Member

Is a player allowed to "waive" a trade kicker? I'm not really sure what a trade kicker is, if someone would like to elaborate. Even if Sammy could waive his TK I doubt he would since he mentioned earlier this week that he wanted to stay in Philly.