1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Starbury to play in CBA

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by YallMean, Jan 17, 2010.

Tags:
  1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

The current state of the CBA has a certain freak show quality to it. It is not exactly selling hoops, but opportunity to see famous people. Apparently, Yao showing up to a game, home or away, guarantees a sellout. And he doesn't even play.

If you don't have Yao, the next best thing is to hire an ex-NBA guy with some degree of name recognition with your fans. That's how we end up with Bonzi, Stromile, Maurice Taylor, and now Marbury there.

If you can't sell normal hoops, you get fans to come out to see the famous black guy you've seen on TV exhibition.

2. ccjj

ccjj Contributing Member

Watch your mouth, dude.

3. Rehabstudios

Rehabstudios Member

Thats crap. So basically he isnt playing for the love of the game, or to be the best and compete against the best, he just needs the exposure to pimp his product. Lord knows no one is buying that starbury crap here in the US.

4. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

WHY???

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

Because your ignorance is showing.

6. sw847

sw847 Member

You are seriously not that childish are you?!!!

This is like the 3rd time i have seen u bring race into a discussion. This is a basketball forum, keep it that way. If u want to discuss race/politics, go to BBS hang out dumb ass.

Anyway, its always good to see when a player gets to play. But the CBA really have to stop signing rubbish outcasts from the nba. respectable players like haris are good. But i guess they are doing this to sell tickets.

7. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Living the life of a celebrity in one of the most historic countries on earth would be beyond cool.

What is he going to do in the States -- hang out in Queensbridge playing street-ball ?

8. Hilltopper

Hilltopper Contributing Member

9. worzel gummidge

You'd think he could get a higher paying contract in Europe.

10. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

That's what I was thinking and look at what somebody commented.

-你能奉献高水平的比赛,买了你的鞋也觉得值啊!

I mean to go after somebody's mother is just cruel.

11. roslolian

roslolian Member

What did Starbury say? All I remember is him crossing Yao up in a game.

12. jdh008

jdh008 Member

But he wouldn't be a national celebrity in most European countries he plays in. In China, he's an immediate star, and like it or not, he has a great avenue to sell his shoes.

13. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Having no idea how to read the Chinese characters I haven't got a clue, but they look menacing and the exclamation mark only furthers my suspicion that it was something about his mother.

14. jackeywan

jackeywan Member

I think you are big sucks...

1 person likes this.
  15. Yonizzel

Yonizzel Rookie

I totally agree with you that he is big sucks.

16. Chamillionaire

he's gone from one of the top PG's in the league playing with KG and a promising career to a CBA player. what a loser. at least he made his, his family, his kids family, his kid's kid's family, their family... etc... don't have to worry about money. he's a dumb *** but a rich one at that.

17. Cokebabies

Cokebabies Contributing Member

chinese teams actually throw decent money at former nba players. i think nba-scrub paul shirley used to have a blog and he said that a chinese team offered him way more than any other euro team but he ended up quitting because he didnt like living in china.

i think the main motivation for starbury is to market his clothes/shoes in china and asia. that is where the bigger money lies.

18. YallMean

YallMean Member

China digs him. Look at the kind of reception he is getting in the ShanXi airport. He is going to love China. :grin:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. ma2019

ma2019 Member

china will better than U.S. that's what the news said. i should start learn some chinese now

20. ma2019

ma2019 Member

bridman chris anderson play in cba too(8 years ago)