1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Possible Amare trade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by sergio, Jan 26, 2010.

Tags:
  1. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

Amare is clearly a better frontcourt player than any we have, but I don't see how he helps us rebound, defend the paint or block shots.

Granted, that is supposed to be Yao's job once he gets back, but in the compete without Yao scenario, I don't see Amare as such a huge upgrade, given the price-tag.

2. rocketsmetalspd

If the Suns make a trade you know they would want Landry and Battier instead of Scola. I can't wait till the trading deadline when the real deals get done and all this bs is put to rest. :grin:

3. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I think Amare is likely because frankly everyone has forgotten about him and this is a perfect buy low opportunity.

4. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Why would we want Amare? He's only good if he have a great PG next to him like Nash. He is a better version of K-Mart back in the Nets days. K-Mart was a bonified all star because he had J-Kidd doing the work for him.

But when he came to Denver, everyone thought that Denver was going to be a dangerous team with Melo and D-Mart together, two good all stars. But like I said, K-Mart was nothing more than a good role player because he didn't have a great PG to create for him.

Even though he have Billups, Chauncey is more of a scoring PG, unlike Nash and Jason Kidd.

So Amare would be a waste of talent and money here. He needs a PG like Nash. Plus the Rockets are set with the 2 PF we have. If we get Amare, I'm sure we have to give up one of those PF we have and that would be a dumb idiotic move. The Rockets need a good SG and a Center at this point. Even if Yao comes back healthy, we still need an all star center because I doubt Yao would last long anyway.

1 person likes this.
  5. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Brain Cook is untouchable. Otherwise, this is a great trade idea. One of the previous two statements is a lie.

6. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

Yea the Rockets need a guy that can guaranteed us 10+ rebounds per game. That is Yao's job but we just cannot depend on him. We need to make a move now whether Yao comes back or not.

The Rockets should just have a mindset that Yao isn't coming back because if he does come back, then its a win win for us. But if the Rockets have that mentality that he will come back and be successful, and he somehow doesn't come back to be effective or re-injured himself, we would be in a lose lose situation.

Plus Yao was not the type of rebounder that chase after lose balls. He is more of a rebounder that stands there and let the ball come to him. The Rockets need a rebounder that can chase the ball down. I don't think its smart to rely on Yao to come back strong. It is a very risky move. So I think the Rockets are better off trying to acquire a young talented center that can replace Yao in a few years or so. Yao is 30, which isn't that old compare to other NBA players but to him, he's aging fast. He have like a 2-3 year window.

7. worzel gummidge

Amare is said to want a $20M per year extension.

8. mrfirefly7

mrfirefly7 Member

No.... hell no....

9. LifeisButaDream

Not true watch this <object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/uWb8pe1bTQ0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/uWb8pe1bTQ0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

10. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

This is growing on me!

11. Rox-Oso

Rox-Oso Member

This would b a nice team, fun 2 watch imo!

12. albuster

albuster Member

Nice line up. But if Brooks is the PG then who will pass to the other players. He doesn't know how to make the entry pass to Yao either.

13. LifeisButaDream

he will if he's here.he's more then capable.<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mZjPnqzq_E0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mZjPnqzq_E0&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

14. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Battier, Scola, Andersen and Cook for Amare is a no-brainer. Even if he decides to bolt at the end of the year we 'd have all kinds of room under the cap to accept a sign and trade or even possibly sign someone outright if we let Mac expire. Committed salaries with Lowry at 4 mill would be a total of about 35 mill. If the cap is around 56 mill, which it may be based on attendance numbers so far this season, we would be 21 mill below the cap. You have a lot of options at that point.

15. rwienert

rwienert Contributing Member

That's a pretty interesting line up, two deep at almost every position. Its also assuming philly isn't including a young talent in the deal. Add lou williams as a combo guard (or swap Ariza for thaddeus young if you're greedy and optimistic) and it would be really hard to pass up. ) I wonder if brooks would be better suited to coming off the bench as instant offense if this went down

16. dingaaa

dingaaa Member

stoudamire would look very good in a rockets uniform

17. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

Sounds great to me. If Morey could get Amare and then swindle that into Wade or Lebron....they'll need to name a religion after him.

18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Shaq and Amare didn't work because of one reason: Shaq was taking too much space in the lane. Yao can shoot from mid range but it isn't his forte...we tried high post Yao Ming, remember? How did that work out?

Same thing with Amare, he has the ability to shoot mid range jumpers but he's better when he has space inside to drive the ball, and the perimeter shot is just a second option. If you want a superstar big man next Yao it has to be someone who equally comfortable from the perimeter and inside, like Dirk or Bosh.

19. RayStats34

RayStats34 Member

thats different unlike shaq Yao can actually leave the paint and hit that open shot which would clear the paint when amare drives and amare can hit the open jumpshot when yao is posting up

20. matthappy

matthappy Member

i love AMARE

BUT HE IS TOO EXPENSIVE for us

just keep carl and luis,develop them,i believe carl would reach amare's level in the coming future.