1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFC Championship: Minnesota Vikings vs. New Orleans Saints

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Lil Pun, Jan 17, 2010.

1. astros148

astros148 Member

vikings got ****d in the ass by the refs, not really "surprised"

2. RocketMania1991

Uh he is not individually better than any player you just listed except maybe Leinart.

He has been fortunate to be on better teams though.

But to say Reggie is better than Mario.....cocaine is a hell of a drug.

3. v3.0

v3.0 Contributing Member

what have you done for me lately
    ooooh ooooh babe

4. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Contributing Member

You fail. The Cat has me on ignore as do I him, don't remember that from the other thread? The word I used is successful and I stand by it. What other top ten pick has had more success in your opinion? VY? Mario maybe?

You've been in a pretty ****ty mood since that thread with your significant other saying that its ok to get gratification from another person as long as there are no feelings involved. Pipe down. This has nothing to do with Fatty or the Cat, are you drinking again Moes? I simply said that Bush has been successful, now please debate that and leave the other **** out of it or don't respond.

5. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Contributing Member

He's been more successful than Mario so far. That doesn't mean he is better than Mario. You guys are so sensitive on this subject.

6. Yak

Yak Member

Mario had a down year this year.

Bush had an up year (but still incredibly disappointing).

7. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

OMGWOW INDIVIDUAL PLAYERS ON A 53 MAN ROSTER ARE JUDGED AS SUCCESSFUL BASED ON THEIR TEAMS PLAYOFF SUCCESS?????

KEVIN FAULK >>>>>> LADANIAN TOMLINSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TRENT DILFER >>>>>>>> DAN MARINO!!!!!!!!!

Seriously man, I feel bad for you... you're embarrassing yourself.

Take a chill pill.

8. RocketMania1991

His team has been more successful not him.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

you're joking right?

If you mean he's been on a more successful team then yes.

as Tinman would say: Google Reggie Bush and Pro-Bowl.

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What an ugly game. The Vikes with turnovers the Saints with stupid penalties. Both teams with some questionable coaching calls. It seemed for awhile like noone wanted to play the Colts..

If I was the Colts I would be feeling pretty good.

11. cardpire

cardpire Member

it's karma for brett buckner.

he was always an overrated bum and it's a miracle he has a ring.

all his egomaniacal crap, and now he's stuck with the worst int in nfl history being the last pass he throws in the league as his legacy.

couldn't happen to a classier guy. somewhere fran tarkenton has a big *****-eating grin on his face right now. as well as the entire state of wisconsin.

enjoy your retirement, gunslinger. ambien helps with those sleepless nights you are gonna have for the next 40 years.

12. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

I don't think so. The only two questionable calls I would disagree with was that pass interference penalty. That was uncatchable. The other was the one where the Saints defending is trying to give Berrian a wedgie.

That said the Vikes got a break on a roughing the passer.

Otherwise I think it was a pretty good called game and given how many penalties the Saints racked up the refs didn't do help out the Saints.

13. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

One thing that was pretty funny where I was watching the game. I was watching it surrounded by Vikes fans and when Hartley was setting up for the kick they started chanting "Gary Anderson..Gary Anderson"

14. thewaterox

thewaterox Contributing Member

Oh that would make for a messy games talk about potential for turnovers. I'd like to the the Saints go all the way nothing against the Colts but NO could use the break and they would be the underdog in the series.

15. DreamRoxCoogFan

when you call I player "successful," you evaluate him on his individual stats, not his team's. If you said that the Saints were more successful than (insert team here), then you would be correct. But to say that Reggie Bush is more successful than any of the top picks is simply false. His stats are pedestrian, and up until last week, he never showed up in a big game. He has only had flashes of brlliance over the past few years, and the Saints will prove this (and therefore, disprove your statement), when they re-negotiate his contract (which will currently give him a ridiculous roster bonus) this offseason. Unless they cut him altogether.

16. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

By your logic, 2006 NFL Draftee (and Texas alum) David Thomas is more successful than Mario Williams, too, since he's also going to the Super Bowl now with the Saints. :rolleyes:

17. rocketsjudoka

Supporting Member

geezz here we go with the Favre drama again...

18. DreamRoxCoogFan

people are glad he lost so that we wont hear about him, but they forget that the will he/wont he drama will start all over again.

19. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

To quote my buddy: "You could have given that slow tight end a trampoline and he still wouldn't have caught that ball" on that bogus pass interference call in OT.

20. oomp

oomp Contributing Member

RT @richardjustice: I can now say I've seen it all. A strip joint is carrying a glass-sided trailer filled with strippers through streets of New Orleans.