1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Are the Rockets Currently the Worst Team in the SouthWest Divison ?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketMania1991, Jan 23, 2010.

?

Are We the Worst Team in the SouthWest Divison?

Poll closed Feb 7, 2010.
  1. Yes

118 vote(s)
    36.0%
  2. No

210 vote(s)
    64.0%
  1. RocketMania1991

It's not a knee-jerk thread when I could of posted it at anytime during the past few weeks when our level of play has slipped, and the other teams in our division have played better.

2. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Meh i still think its to early to tell...give it two weeks after the all star game and then we shall see who are the contenders and who are the pretenders.

3. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Dallas 28-15
    San Antonio 27-17
    Houston 24-19
    Memphis 23-19
    New Orleans 23-20

So clearly we're the third worst team in our division.

Seriously, how do you judge how 'good' a team is anyway? It MUST be by the results that get put on the board. You can argue finer points of W/L records by claiming harder schedules etc, but the end product is what counts - and that is wins on the board!

We're currently 3rd worst.
    Oh - and if you wanted to rank it on divisional record, it would look like this:

Houston 5-4 (55.6%)
    Dallas 6-5 (54.5%)
    San Antonio 4-4
    New Orleans 3-4
    Memphis 2-3

So you actually COULD mount an argument that we're the BEST team in the division?

4. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I wasn't going to give this thread the time of day, but wanted to see who said what. I can't believe so many "fans" voted yes. FREAKING RIDICULOUS FAIR WEATHER JAZZ TYPE FLOPPERS. I'm disgusted

5. RocketMania1991

Maybe they are somewhat realistic fans who realize that the competition in our division is great, and without Yao/Mcgrady we were due for a slide.

6. mikol13

Supporting Member

A "slide" means we are the worst team and people jump off because it's getting tough? Still ridiculous

7. RocketMania1991

Once again being at the bottom of this division does not mean you are the worst team in the NBA -.-

It's possible that every team in this division could make the playoffs.

I'm simply saying don't be surprised if we end up on the bottom due to the talent of the other teams in our division.

8. mikol13

Supporting Member

Well, i'll choose to think we will not end up at the bottom. And even if for some reason we do, I still believe "team" is not always wins and losses. This 'team" has proved they generally play together and will continue to sell out for each other. My point is win or lose they are not the worst team.

For people to be so shortsided and fair weather when we all knew it would be a tough year burns me, especially since they have probably exceeded expectations

9. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

Reduce those squads to this and that will tell you a little what we are up against...

Spurs have X / X /Jefferson/Ginobli
    Mavericks have X / X /Howard/Kidd/Marion
    Hornets have X / X
    Grizzlies have X / X/Randolph

10. Vinsanity

Vinsanity Contributing Member

The answer is yes. We are a lottery team without Yao and Tmac. Accept it.

11. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

no.

the Rockets are currently ahead of Memphis and New Orleans in the Standings.

Therefore, The Rockets are currently not the worst team in the division.

since this is a thread to see what people think, and the consensus, as well as the standings show, is that the Rockets are not the worst team in the division.

Therefore, the Rockets are currently not the worst team in the division.

is there any other way to answer this if you are a fan?

OP, please do not bother answering the question.

12. maw7079

maw7079 Member

HOLY COW!!!! BIGGIE SMALLS IS THE GM OF THE GRIZZLIES!!!!

13. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

DIVISIONAL STANDINGS (current)

Houston 5-4 (55.6%)
    Dallas 6-5 (54.5%)
    San Antonio 4-4
    New Orleans 3-4
    Memphis 2-3

So you actually COULD mount an argument that we're the BEST team in the division?

14. Rock3t Man

Rock3t Man Contributing Member

Can someone post the link where it gives an explanation of why we don't want to keep tmacs contract. How the salary works and trade scenarios. Thanks in advance.

15. RocketMania1991

Once again the Grizzlies/Hornets got off to bad starts at the beginning of the season and have since turned it on, and are outplaying our current Rockets team in the past weeks/months

Those two teams have much more talented players than our current roster, and we are only a game back from being in last place. So this question is more than reasonable. Some fans are just to boneheaded or unrealistic to understand that we might not be as good as some other teams.

16. Warning-Sign

Warning-Sign Member

I think the poll means are we recently the worst. Recently, we are the worst team, look at the last 10 games- we have to worst record.

Southwest L 10
    Dallas 6-4
    San Antonio 5-5
    Houston 4-6
    Memphis 7-3
    New Orleans 6-4

17. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

I think we are better than the Spurs at the moment. The Rockets had beaten every team in the SW division. Our match up give problems to the Spurs and Mavs while we play much harder and grind out the Grizzlies because of their youth...Plus, the Hornets are just horrible this season.

Overall, though our record isn't the brightest in the SW, we can beat every single one of them.

18. monster

monster Member

What a fickle crowd. Before the season people are asking if we should tank anyway, since we aren't going to be able to contend. Then we show that we can play so we don't need to give McGrady any minutes. We're so good that we start comparing Brooks to Nash and Iverson, and Landry to Stoudamire (i think it was). Now we suck again and there's a question whether we are the worst team in the SW.

Perhaps you should just wait and see what our final record is before you decide if you like the Rockets or not. :rolleyes:

19. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

It doesn't seem so right now.

You have no insight in your post, just a random opinion you threw out there

20. RocketMania1991

It's not an opinion when we currently are a lottery team by looking at the standings.