1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

man! Yao's calves are bigger than Vince's thighs!!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cipherous, Jul 24, 2002.

Tags:
  1. Cipherous

Cipherous Contributing Member

taken from Windandsea's post

[​IMG]

Look at those logs, bigger than my thighs and I got some pretty big thighs!! From what I heard his coach made Yao run up mountains.

All he needs is some upperbody strength.

2. Cipherous

Cipherous Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Agassi compared to Yao, again those legs are HUUUUUUUUGGGE!

3. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

How come his arms just barely go past his waist? Reminds me of Kevin Willis.

4. KALIKULI

KALIKULI Contributing Member

5. Drew_Le

Drew_Le Member

Asian people that are properly nourished usually have HUGE calves. But in many cases, those calves do not mean they have huge ups compared to someone with smaller calves. Actually, most athletic dunkers have streamlined calves. By the way, i'm asian.

6. redao

redao Member

Yao Ming can dunk without calves.

7. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Have you noticed Stevie's calves? They are HUGE for a guy his size. Everyone is different. Yao may not have a big vertical, but when your about 7'6", you don't need it. :)

8. Nolen

Nolen Contributing Member

Yao Ming could dunk without feet.

9. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

10. Rudyball

Rudyball Contributing Member

His forearm doesn't look any bigger than Carter's, though

:eek:

11. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

It was said somewhere that Yao's reach is like 9'10" and there was another 7' center in the draft (can't remember which one) that had the same vertical reach. I don't think that it is going to matter at all, he still has some of the best tools for blocking shots in the NBA.

I hope Yao stays on the ground as much as possible! When you are that big, jumping will take its toll over many years. He should stay on the ground with Karl Malone.

12. aznlincolnpark

Yao ming needs to work on his upper body for sure. He need to have strength in the nba in order to compete with other players.

13. Stevie Francis

yeah sf calves are plump and he got mad hops, same with ray allen. the rest are more stream lined though, but its mostly fast twitch muscles that make people jump higher.

14. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

now if we could get his arms to be the same size...:eek:

15. LiLStevie3

LiLStevie3 Member

It was Chris Christofferson out of Oregon, who had a 9'11" reach. Yao's was 9'7" if I remember correctly. Yao's arms are rather short for his height, reminds me of an alligator or crocodile.

But his arms should be plenty long enough, his height should make up for it.