1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Dunk Camera Angle change- Seriously, let's make the world a better place

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by fromobile, Jan 19, 2010.

Tags:
  1. fromobile

fromobile Contributing Member

we all hate it, let's start a movement. Seriously. If we had one person here who could make a quick website, a petition, and over time we figure out ways to have an online protest...we might get on tnt overtime some time or something. THEY NEED TO QUIT CHANGING THE CAMERA DURING DUNKS!! IT SUCKS!!!

2. RoxSqaud

RoxSqaud Member

Wait, What? :confused:

3. anelka3913

anelka3913 Member

eff u bro, that angle is the best, i would watch the whole game with that angle

4. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

i agree. that angle is horrible, i hate it whenever ariza gets a break-away slam, they change it to that crap

5. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

6. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

create a facebook group. (I'm serious)

7. Bruce

Bruce Member

Not just during games, but for the dunk contest as well.
    I think they should use some of the same angles as previous 80's dunk contests so we fans can see if these new dunks are really more impressive than MJ and Nique.

8. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

I thought I was the only one that thought it sucked. I always wondered why they show that angle...I dont' want to see any action from underneath the backboard, it doesn't allow you a good perspective for a lot of the action.

9. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

So you like the view with the players' jocks in your face? To each his own...

10. ItsThat1Guy

ItsThat1Guy Member

I don't mean to sound inept, but what angle are we talking about here? From the top of the backboard?

11. TheReason

TheReason Member

I think we're talking about the from under-the-basket view, but I'm rarely a fan of this one as well. The only time it kinda works is when there's a long alley-oop pass or half-court shot or something...

1 person likes this.
  12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

They can always show the normal game angle. And then show different angles during the replay.

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

14. nolimitnp

nolimitnp Contributing Member

Examples please?

15. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

How about deciding not to show a wide angle of a break away, in-game free throw line dunk?

Completely moronic.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RIvAJOhKPbY&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RIvAJOhKPbY&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

16. nachbarFTW

nachbarFTW Member

AGREEED!!!!

17. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Yeah its the complete opposite now. They cut in to the close view. And then on the replay they give you the view they just "so happened" to have filmed of the regular wide view. Like they're really giving you something there lol.

The first person closeup view in video games doesnt work for sports games either. You dont see the field and catch the action in its full glory.

18. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Wow, to their defense, they had no idea he was going to do a FT line dunk. But they totally dropped the ball on that play.

19. arjun

arjun Member

dude I TOTALLY FEEL U ON THT

20. fromobile

fromobile Contributing Member

It's always horrible... there is never a reason to change the angle. It breaks the continuity, you can't keep perspective on what's going on. HOW CAN WE CHANGE THIS!?!??! COME ON PEOPLE!!!!

#20 fromobile, Jan 19, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2010