1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If Manu is better than Tmac...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by pmac, Jun 2, 2008.

1. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

you are wrong. Go look back at every playoff series t-mac has been in and then come back to me and say he didnt deliver then i can just say you are a lunatic. There you go putting all the playoff losses on mcgrady and that he couldnt carry the team with yao. I mean shouldnt yao be apart of the blame too?. I know why people complain about t-mac not getting their team out of the first round. Its because he is there best player on the team and thats what he is supposed to do. Nobody will go back on a playoff series loss and blame EVERYTHING on manu ginobli. Why would you do that he is just a role player who has been fortunate enough to play with a hall of famer and another all star, and he has helped them win alot. Last year with Artest doesnt even count. Look back two years ago t-mac had the same injuries that ended his season in 2009. Those same injuries that lingered a year before t-mac played through it. he took the damn pain killers and he played through it. When it came time for the playoffs, yao ming was gone(hurt) and t-mac was asked to somehow take his team deep into the playoffs. He played his ass off in that series and the numbers speak for itself but you can also go watch the videos. Its not like the injury to his knee and shoulder wasnt something that all of a sudden occured. It had been going on for two seasons. But people never admired the fact that he still played through it. they just wait enough until he cant play through it anymore to start questioning his toughness and willingess to play. Its a load of crap so stop comparing a role player to a guy who was a superstar. And if you want to compare them now than thats okay. Ginobli is better, but i might want to wait till t-mac has a chance to play more than just 7 mins a game. But obviously you are not comparing them in the present since you keep throwing manu's championships that he has been apart of in my face. I can throw all the personal accolades at you but yall will only say it comes down to championships. Well when trying to campare players its more than just championships. If championships meant more than anything wouldnt we be comparing teams instead?

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You are right, he did deliver to the city of Houston. Except that Tim Duncan and Kobe Bryant and Dwayne Wade stole those packages as soon as Tmac dropped it off.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We got the first class shipping for $25 million bucks and our packages keep getting stolen.

3. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I agree, although tecnically, Tmac did tell the organization, he just didn't wait for confirmation before going public. At least that's according to Kieth Jones in an interview. But I agree he mishandled the situation badly, but offensively, he is better than a couple of wings on this team, as I stated before the reason he is not playing is because of the events that happened last year.

Of course he is not as explosive, he has just gone through a couple of knee surgeries, but I was making the argument that he is still a decent player.

4. Christopher

Christopher Member

I like the idea that as the self proclaimed leader of the franchise and earning over $20 million per season, all he had was one of the top 2 centers in the game as support and....oh, Ron Artest doesn't count! :grin:

Yes he still delivered!

You T Mac fanboys are complete and utter idiots!

5. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

really im sorry you didnt notice that he was playing with a bum knee for practically two seasons. The top center you talk about has been just as injury prone as t-mac.

6. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

haha its always what did t-mac deliver too the city of houston, but everytime they see him on the court, they want to see him play TEAM basketball, which he does better than other superstars(yet its all on him is what you are saying right?)

7. Christopher

Christopher Member

Make you mind up!

Is he the second coming who was only let down by the fact he was playing alongside crap players....OR.....is he a paperweight soft as **** loser who made all the excuses in the world?

1 person likes this.
  8. Christopher

Christopher Member

He has played for three different clubs now.

Do you think the majority of fans from those three teams (Minus the morons of course) believe he was either a team player, or a great star?

9. roslolian

roslolian Member

Wow your self serving rant is great....except your AI and Pierce have never done anything without a great cast. AI's finals run? Please, he was in the LEASTERN conference, a hall of fame coach and a killer defensive team (including prime Mutombo). And he did that ONCE. Pierce lived in lottery land until Ray Allen and KG arrived. In fact, Kobe and Dwade languished in lottery when their teams sucked. Are you saying they are losers as well? Or are they winners only when they have Shaq or Pau Gasol? :rolleyes:

Fact is Bball is a team game. Apart from LBJ no one is good enough to carry teams by himself anymore.

10. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

i think people see the individual stats and would already call him a guy who cared about himself. I guess thats the curse of trying to do TOO much, but you can still view him as a great star and team player. Sometimes great players need the ball in there hands more than usual.

11. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

my mind is perfectly made up, i had to respond to your comment about how mcgrady didnt make most of his situation when the team aquired Ron Artest. I dont make excuses for all of his playoff series losses. The only one i pointed out was the one two years ago when yao ming went out. I just look at how he played and from there i can see he has definatly delivered what he was supposed to do come playoff time but somehow his team kept losing. Go ahead and complain about how he hasnt made it past the first round, but stop saying its because he was not playing at a high level.

12. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

ugh...NO!

The topic is "IF Manu is better than Tmac" and it was in the present in 2008. This was not a Manu vs. Tmac thread. The whole point was to discuss the Rockets prospects of winning a championship if in fact Manu is better than McGrady. Of course he's better, we know that now...it's really a silly debate at this point. And, we didn't have a chance in hell of winning a title as one would expect given our roster and that McGrady.

At the end of the 2007-2008 season I thought McGrady was a great offensive player having an off year. It turned out to be more of the beginning of his decline. It's difficult to predict a player will decline at 28, regardless of how lazy he is. Still, AT THAT TIME the spurs' roster was far better than ours and it sounds reasonable to me to say that we didn't have a chance of winning it all with Mcgrady playing at that level.

13. Christopher

Christopher Member

2001 Philadelphia 76ers
    Head Coach: Larry Brown
    Allen Iverson | Dikembe Mutombo | Aaron McKie | Eric Snow | Tyrone Hill | George Lynch | Matt Geiger | Rodney Buford | Jumaine Jones | Todd MacCulloch | Kevin Ollie | Roshown McLeod | Raja Bell | Anthony Miller |

That is a team oozing with talent. In fact, what the hell was I thinking, they were one of the great teams never to win a title!

As for Paul Peirce, he let a team probably worse than the team above to the conference finals, and then won a title in 2008, and was the finals MVP.

And to even mention the soft, fair weathered one in the same breath as Dwade and Kobe....you are kidding yourself! Those are elite stars of this game, people clubs can rely on, who turn up and play hard every night.

You give Dwade, Kobe, Peirce or Iverson (In 2001) Yao Ming and Ron Artest as team mates. Do they make it out of the second round?

Easily......

TMac is just a paperweight star who will look like a statistical anomaly to anyone looks at statistics in 20 years from now.

14. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Brother,

let me break down your battle with Twacks.

Twacks - mission on Clutchfans :
    - promote that Tracy McGrady is the greatest player in NBA history
    - promote hypothetical situations to promote Tracy McGrady (example, if he was healthy and played with Shaq ) If this , If that
    - desperately attempt to justify his comparison with Kobe Bryant by highlight low lights of Kobe's career (demanding trade, game that he didn't try to score etc)

99ers - mission on Clutchfans:
    - actively discuss what needs to be done to bring another championship back to Houston
    - defend the legacy and tradition of the Houston Rockets
    - correcting any wrong conceptions or facts about the Rockets (85 Rockets, Jordan was there in 95, Barkley etc)
    - battling evil relentlessly like Olajuwon in the low post

1 person likes this.
  15. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

TOF theme song
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nzkrWjUjDdQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nzkrWjUjDdQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

1 person likes this.
  16. mjharleem22

mjharleem22 Member

wow really i have never said that he was the greatest basketball player in nba history. I dont know where you were at the time that t-mac and kobe where being compared but i assume you didnt watch much basketball. You say we highlight kobe's low lights, well isnt that what you guys are doing with tracy mcgrady.

17. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Everybody is highlighting the present.

18. jackeywan

jackeywan Member

No comments~ By the way, I am fans of T-Mac, T-Mac forever....I love him...

19. jackeywan

jackeywan Member

I am veryyyyyyyyyy regret on your f-king words...You're true idiot...

20. Christopher

Christopher Member

We really should has stopped new sign ups to the forum in 2000! :grin: