1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    PACERS vs KNICKS Game 2: Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Post-Game Analysis: Rockets 101, Bucks 98 (OT)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Jan 18, 2010.

Tags:
  1. BruceHR

BruceHR Member

We are the winner, thats enough, no matter how ugly it was..

2. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Well the Bucks switched to a zone defense and our outside shots just werent falling. Normally Brooks can nail those open threes, but today he just couldnt.

3. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

It's almost a certainty that he'll never be in the realm of those elite PGs.

I was simply complimenting Brooks for not completely letting his game fall apart when his shots weren't falling, as is usually the case.

It's actually not true that Brooks is usually a good scorer or a good decision maker.

It's usually that he's a good scorer and a poor/average decision-maker and a poor/average defender or...

a bad scorer and a poor/average decision-maker and a poor/average defender.

Tonight he was a bad scorer and an average/good decision-maker and an average/good defender.

That was a rarity for him and I think a positive to take out of the game.

4. summitts20

summitts20 Member

I didn't get a chance to watch the game so I was wondering if someone could tell me how Ariza played. Thank you.

5. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

If that is the case, then his kid deserves an Oscar. I wish I could cry on command. It must be possible though, my wife does it. Ha!

6. BrooksBall

BrooksBall Contributing Member

So, you're saying Morey angrily choked and hurt his kid in public?

Are we talking a two-handed choke?

How old would you say his kid is and how did nobody call security if that was the case?

I'm not saying it's impossible but it just seems highly unlikely. Maybe you misinterpreted what you saw.

If not, Morey is a raving lunatic and needs professional help.

1 person likes this.
  7. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

after he choked the kid, the kid and wife switched places as if this kind of thing happens at home. if morey is so mad about officials ,then he needs to bring in bosh or iggy. Stars and aggressors get the calls that landry and brooks wont. Im not saying brooks and landry arent aggresive ,just that the refs care more about dunks and star treatment instead of undersized hard workers like brooks and landry.

8. Randy_Franklin

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS WE BEATT THE BUCKSSS IN OVERTIME!!! HALLELUJA!! THANK YOU GOD!!!

1 person likes this.
  9. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Man, are you okay? :confused:

10. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

Seriously, weren't you supposed to throw out your keyboard?

11. cardpire

cardpire Member

i can't stop watching the bucks final possession. seriously might have been the best and best executed play i've ever seen. 5 moving parts, everybody with a role in getting ridnour that look. basketball perfection, minus the missed shot.

1 person likes this.
  12. brian_chapman

brian_chapman Member

if some of you are curious why they play to the level of the competition I think its because the rockets play based on hard effort instead of talent. The better the competition the more effort they use. Its not easy and playing top teams in a row will take alot out of them. Yao made things easy for the rest , they could just camp out on the 3 pt line for a few plays and let tmac or yao do all the work.

1 person likes this.
  13. J.Will.Xu

J.Will.Xu Member

Exactly, that was the most beautifully executed play down the stretch, at that moment I was holding my breath until that shot from the corner bounced up and fell to the hand of the Rockets.

Poor defense at the other end, our defense just broke down and the concentration was that right, gotta give them credit for that pretty play.

1 person likes this.
  14. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

What he said.

He grabbed the back of the boy's neck with his left hand and squeezed his scruff. It wasn't a two-handed choke. I would guess the boy is about 7 or 8 give or take a few years.

1 person likes this.
  15. bigbodymoe

bigbodymoe Contributing Member

DM's latest tweet:

"Not a playoff team w/o change"...more said said, but the first part is most important

Moe

1 person likes this.
  16. rocketier1

rocketier1 Member

HAHAHAHA

1 person likes this.
  17. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

I am glad Morey sees the same things we at Clutch fans have been talking about.

18. Yonizzel

Yonizzel Rookie

lost respect for DM

1 person likes this.
  19. James Gabriel

James Gabriel Member

Good win for us, right now we have to strike at the advantage that Phoenix loss 4 straight. If we can finally put together a good winning streak, its is probable that we could gun for 6th or 5th seed.

1 person likes this.
  20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Scola was really on his game today. I was thinking that he's played Bogut a lot in international competition and must know his game pretty well. If there is any juice to an Amare deal, I can see Scola being a great compliment to him, either next to him as the 4, or coming off the bench when Yao comes back, sort of like Landry gives a change of pace with Luis. One can dream, I guess.

Gotta uncork this - VIVA SCOLA!!

1 person likes this.