1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Predict our Feb 19th outlook......acquisition(s) and conference standing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FR0497, Jan 16, 2010.

1. FR0497

FR0497 Member

This trade deadline has the potential to be a very big day in franchise history. It can dramatically change our current roster. We can possibly land a scoring wing with AI, Butler, and Martin having been rumored with T-Mac's expiring. And it's also been rumored we can possibly land Bosh without using T-Mac. If DM is able to pull both moves off it will be a big shake up to our roster but will also set us up nicely for a deep playoff run this year and many to come. Or.....nothing can happen and we just let T-Mac expire, though I personally don't see this happening.

We are currently in the 8th position with 1 game separating us and the 11th position. We have lost 5 of our 7 games so far in 2010. The remainder of January looks extremely tough as well after Milwaukee. We have SA, CHI, ATL, DEN, POR, and PHO.

My prediction on the trade front is DM pulling off a trade for Bosh. I will be praying for a scoring wing as well. It would be a huge disappointment if the deadline came and went with nothing.

As for our conference standing, I see us sitting in the 10th spot a couple games out of the last playoff spot. Though if we do make a significant acquisition(s) we can easily climb back and claim possibly a 6-7th seed. If we do nothing by Feb 19th then I expect the lottery.

2. RedRowdy111

RedRowdy111 Contributing Member

Mcgrady gets traded for Pape Sow, Oil Can Boyd, and Pedro Cerrano

Rockets win a bunch of games.

3. ThaShark316_28

T-Mac to Prison for Paul Crewe.

Rockets win all remaining games, but forfeit due to point shaving.

4. RyanB

RyanB Member

we get Bosh and Iggy
    though we go to the lottery and get the next Kobe Bryant :grin: :grin:

5. xRod3x

xRod3x Member

people like this is so funny.

go to hell man !!!

haha
    the topic starter spend some time to give an prediction and made some time to think and you just post like this?

i hope that your a human!

6. Gakatron

Gakatron Contributing Member

Interesting. You are saying he could possibly be something other than human? Non human creatures therefore can type on Clutchfans and even they hate T-Mac.... well there you go.

7. Blaze_3

Blaze_3 Member

rockets trade yao ming for bosh and bellinelli and then trade bosh and landry for yao

8. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Dorsey gets traded for Crash Davis so we finally have that inside presence and he hits 13 more home runs to become the all time leader. We fall just short of the playoffs and win the lottery which in turn nets us John Wall

9. Vienna Calling

okay, on a serious note...

Conference standings:
    I predict us going 7-6 or 6-7 till the ASB so we will be at or very close to the 8th seed.

Acquisitions:
    Forget Iguodala, we don't want him. I say Morey is aiming for Chris Bosh. We will get him (and Mike Miller) in a three-way-deal with Washington. It will cost us Landry & Battier and draft picks.

now you know it ;)

10. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

all i know is i dont think d morey will be standing pat watching the team get exhausted like this. he'll pull off a blockbuster that'll propel us to the playoffs.

11. adammendoza4

adammendoza4 Member

T mac for samual dalembert and iggy
    Or
    T mac for young and iggy/dalembert.
    Then
    Dalembert,dorsey, and some1 else in the
    roster(a good role player) for bosh

12. B1llzzz

B1llzzz Member

von wafer and we are number 1 :)

13. rocketsmetalspd

If you can get Bosh and Miller and only give up Landry and Battier that would be nice and then you can throw in TMac for Butler/fillers or Iguodala/fillers.

14. Vienna Calling

oooops....I totally forgot to mention McGrady, my bad (he would be traded to Washington in my scenario). Probably because I don't consider him part of the team anymore. Toronto would get Landry, Battier and Butler as compensation for losing Bosh.

15. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan
    Supporting Member

No trades/acquisitions. Scola will get his first semi-major injury, causing him to miss 2 weeks. Dorsey will get playing time. We will fall to the 10 seed with a 26-25 record but still only 1.5 games out of the playoffs.

16. MambaJoe

MambaJoe Member

The Trade Deadline is coming up but I doubt Morey can pull off a significant trade. Though teams might be interested on the expiring contract, this would be a tough task for Morey.

Trading for Bosh is another tough task to do. I'm sure other teams can offer a better package for Bosh than the Rockets can.

I know Morey is a great GM but some things is just out of reach for us.

For T-mac, I just don't see Morey pulling a great trade that would bring us Butler, AI or Kevin Martin. I just don't think Morey is able to do that. I can see Morey trading Tmac for another good role player. But I can see that the trade he would make would most likely be a disappointment.

Though I know the Rockets are pursuing Bosh, they just don't have the pieces for him.

Both Tmac's and Yao's contract are holding this team back. It sucks that we're paying both of them big bucks but they both are useless at this point. But I'm glad that Tmac is expiring this season and Yao is also expiring next year too.

If we resign Yao, he would have to take a big pay cut because I just don't see him worth a lot of money as he used to. It hurts the team that we're paying them so much money and we were never successful with them two.

Yao's contract alone accounts for 25% of the Rockets cap. When healthy, he is a good player, very close to an All star level. But his injuries year in and year out including his vulnerability and his fragile frame, I'm starting to believe that he isn't worth his contract. Tmac is also in that category. About half a decade ago, you might think a talented guy like Tmac is worth a max contract because off all the talent he have including his length and skills. But his injuries and a lack of determination, he is a bust for a max contract.

Hopefully when Yao expires, the Rockets can finally start a new era and hopefully Morey would learn from this Tmac/Yao era. What the Rockets need is a true franchise player and that is something Yao and Tmac couldn't bring.

17. ThaShark316_28

It's the internet...calm yourself.

I was merely joking, and it wasn't in poor taste.

Now if you want a prediction...

lets see...

I really don't know what to make of a trade at this point. I'll say...T-mac to CHI for Miller, Salmons and James.

Rockets finish 46-36

18. matthappy

matthappy Member

if there is no trade happens till the deadline,we'd better tank for a lottery pick.

19. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

:) :)

20. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I agree, plus is not always the worst team that ends up with the 1st pick... :grin:

As long as its top 20, I think we can get a special Player....*I would go after Avery Bradley if he comes out; Ed Davis is anthor player that I find Interesting, his stock has been going down,*potential steal :grin: *

--RB