1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Tim Grover: McGrady is ready

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bob718, Jan 12, 2010.

1. t-mac_#3_SG

t-mac_#3_SG Member

Ha! That's going out to all the T-Mac haters, take that haters, you're giving away a great player right
    now, I bet he dominates where ever he goes. I just know, if he says he's ready, he's ready, if Grover
    says he's ready, he's ready, look at how much Grover has done with Jordan, and look at where Jordan is
    right now.

If Grover can make a player be so good, to be called the best ever, he surely can bring T-Mac back to the
    player he once was. Go T-MAC!!

2. abc2007

abc2007 Member

Tmac may not play for the rockets anymore. But, he is such a talented player. I wish him the best.

3. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Clearly, that's expecting too much.

4. t-mac_#3_SG

t-mac_#3_SG Member

5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The last bit you bolded is not a Morey quote. It's from the writer of the column. The same thing has been said here countless times and that quote means just as much... nothing.

6. Tenchi

Tenchi Contributing Member

Grover can work on the physical aspects of an athlete but I don't think he can work on the mental part. McGrady needs to work with Idan Ravin or someone who can teach him how to not quit.

7. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

And how not to injure himself every year.

8. t-mac_#3_SG

t-mac_#3_SG Member

Oh...alright man sorry, it was just in the same paragraph and I thought it was a Morey quote.

9. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

im not reading through 6 pages of "grover is full of it"...im just gonna say that what grover is doing is what thing and tmac's psychological state is another. GRover could be telling the truth, but if tmac can't mentally push himself and feel like he's ok, then it's not going to show on the court. That's exactly what i think is going on because during his 6 min/game stint tmac would jump high one minute and limp the next. That back and forth stuff is his reflexes/instincts fighting his current state of mind. He needs to get them on the same page.

10. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

How could you think that the part you bolded was a Morey quote? LOL!

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

No problem. :)

12. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

No, because this team has moved to team ball not Tmac ball. Tmac style is not a fit and will hurt the develop of Landry and Brooks. Please trade him to a team with title aspirations.

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

FAIL.

For ever comparing Tracy McGrady to Michael Jordan.

14. Red Blue Blur

Red Blue Blur Member

HAHAHA even though I'm a Tmac fan myself, i found that comparison beyond hilarious. LOL mac can't even hold MJ's jockstrap

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

man, you're so mislead it's not even funny.

16. bigreg

bigreg Member

Very seldom, if ever in professional sports, do you hear guys come out and say that they miss a guy or can't wait for him to get back, especially under these circumstances. Guys are taught to concentrate on the moment and going with what you have available. So the likelihood of having a T-Mac quote from any of the Rockets is slim to none @ best.

That being said, I personally think that the whole ball stopper thing is overblown. If he is a ball stopper, then every go to guy on every team in the league should be labeled a ball stopper. When the clock is running down you generally want your best ball handler or best decision maker to have the ball in their hands. Plus if guys are not moving without the ball, how can you keep it moving? There are fallacies in the arguments of T-Mac apologists & T-Mac detractors, but let's not be hypocritical about the guy or his situation. Call a spade a spde. Is Trevor Ariza, the new CF Whipping Boy, not being a ball stopper when he holds the ball and tries to go one on one? Is Aaron Brooks not being a ball stopper when he calls for a pick and pounds the ball into the floor looking for a play to develop? Is Carl Landry not being a ball stopper when he catches the ball in the post and looks to post his man or go one on one from the triple threat position? These are all ball stopping moves if the ball or the other guys on the court are not moving. But it's okay for these guys to hold onto the ball and look to make something happen but it's wrong for T-Mac to do those things? That's hypocritical. And as far as a fast break goes, don't wait on him to run, run without him. Either he will run with the ball and help the team get transition buckets or he will find himself on the bench, and that goes for every guy on that team. Again let's stop apologizing for T-Mac at the expense of making the Rockets Organization look bad, but let's stop apologizing for the Houston Rockets at the expense of making T-Mac look bad. Both sides have done enough of that on their own.

17. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Grover can't give a player heart and a killer instinct. MJ had both of those and TMac is lacking in both departments

18. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

The difference is that Ariza and Landry still play within the system on plays when they are not iso'ing. They set picks, make cuts and move without the ball when they are not trying to iso. Sure, Ariza hogs the ball and tries to one-on-one too often (he has a ton of issues that bother me), but he still plays within the system without the ball in his hands.

Tmac does not. That's one of the main reasons why this is the first season where we are actually running the offense (and it's working). When Tmac doesn't have the ball in his hands (high screen and roll everytime)...he just stands there behind the three point line in the same spot. Doesn't move. This offense is all about reading what the defense is giving you and reacting...and you can't do that when one player won't participate.

Look, I hope he comes back full strength and averages 26 ppg again...I just don't want it to happen in a Rockets uni. I used to support TMac, I don't blame him for our failure to advance with him, but he quit on this team and has been nothing but a pain in the ass ever since. Glad he's gone and do not like him

19. t-mac_#3_SG

t-mac_#3_SG Member

The one who failed is you, because I didn't compare McGrady to Jordan, I compared the work Grover
    has done on Jordan with the work Grover has done on McGrady. I know Jordan would kill McGrady in an
    1-on-1 match. I'm just saying that if Grover could train Jordan to the level he was at, he can surely help
    McGrady much too.

20. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

^Jordan trained Jordan Grover was just lucky to be around and take some credit