1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marc Stein] Houston Rockets could join Chris Bosh chase

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ctry2582, Jan 8, 2010.

1. tinywang

tinywang Contributing Member

do we really wanna gut our whole team for bosh or iggy/dalembert?

i agree franchise players are hard to find. but look what happened to this team a few years ago when tmac/yao went out. we were complete trash with no sign of an offensive scheme.

i would love to get bosh or anyone else just as good but i really don't think getting rid of all (or most) our young assets is a good idea.

2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

NY Post is now talking about the Lakers getting involved with the Bosh talks. Perhaps involving Andrew Bynum. Tough to compete with that asset.

I would be ill if the Lakers got Bosh for Bynum.

3. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

Scary thing is that I can't see either side turning down such a deal.

Only an injury could stop the Lakers from winning the next 4 titles in succession.

Talk about a buzzkill.

4. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

I Hate the Lakers!!!!!! :mad:

--RB

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It is a great deal for Toronto, but it makes the Lakers a lot easier to guard.....

DD

6. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I disagree. It's a nightmare scenario.

7. DaDakota

It could be, but neither Bosh nor Gasol are centers, and can be guarded by smaller players etc.

Bynum's inpact is in the put back area and shot blocking....

I know Gasol can play center and Bosh a little too, but they are similar players, and only one ball is available.

I think Bosh would play this year and bail, I doubt he wants to play 3rd fiddle, especially if they win the championship this season.

If it is true though....I think it would be a good deal for both teams to make.

DD

8. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Can you post a link to the article, I've been looking all over the NY post and can't find it!?!? :confused:

--RB

9. lauradelenn

lauradelenn Member

<groan, forehead slap> I think I would be ill, too. Talk about cosmic unfairness! Just goes to show how rich the lakers are in talent/money when they can trade away a solid like Bynum...and what player with playoff aspirations wouldn't consider the Lakers as a prime career destination?

Just Bosh's knowing that they're interested could gum it up for us, even if we do get him for just this season. :mad:

10. thacabbage

A healthy Yao Ming can completely neutralize Bynum and make him his b****. He doesn't stand a prayer against either one of Bosh/Gasol. In fact, I can't think of a possibly worse combination of two forwards for Yao to match up.

A Bynum-Bosh trade gives literal meaning to 'unguardable' when describing the Lakers' offense.

11. DaDakota

If he stays..and if Yao Ming comes back.....

Right now, if you take out Bynum and put in Bosh, we match up better with them.....with our current roster sans Yao Ming.

Yao is the x-factor, I just don't know how healthy he will be......

DD

12. herro

herro Member

unfortunately Gasol blocks shots just as well as Bynum

13. DaDakota

Again, if it is just this year, who cares?

Bosh still expires........

I doubt he wants to stay long term in LA...

DD

14. meh

meh Contributing Member

If you're even imagining a scenario without Yao, then there's no reason to even bother with the conversation. Because in such a scenario, the Rockets should be looking at how to trade everything to get the #1 pick aka John Wall.

Any playoff push in the next 2-3 years must include Yao. Or this team is going nowhere regardless of what the Lakers do.

But with Yao, we're going to get killed by the Bosh/Odom/Gasol frontcourt even more than the Boozer/Okur combo.

15. DaDakota

I am working under the assumption that Bosh leaves after this year....

DD

16. MONON

MONON Member

The only good news about the Bynum for Bosh article is that it's a Peter Vessey article.. IT AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!! Also Bosh would add to the "I'll Take some games/quarters off & let Kobe do the work" Lakers.

17. PeppermintCandy

If LA is willing to pay him what he wants, I bet he'd love to stay and be part of a potential dynasty

18. lauradelenn

lauradelenn Member

Why would you think that he would leave? I saw the post that you made, stating that he would be 3rd fiddle and wouldn't like it, but I wonder if he would mind that much while on a premiere NBA team with good players.

The reason he wants to leave Toronto reportedly is because he's unhappy with the role players there....surely the Lakers would be a better fit for him if that's true?

19. battousai

battousai Member

If this is true, then adelman is finally assembling this team to mirror the Kings back in his days.

Solid frontcourt of Yao and Bosh, this is awesome.

however, if we are not including Tmac, then we are sure to package couple of our young cores such as landry and brooks.

I double they would take scola as one he is an FA and second he isn't young.

20. thacabbage

Why would Bosh leave? He strikes me as the classic second fiddle - he's basically the black Pau Gasol. Uberly talented but in need of an alpha dog to let him just be himself.

As far as our current roster and how we match up this year, who gives a rat's a**? We're building this team for the long haul and Yao is a part of that. This team isn't doing anything this year, bless their hearts.