1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marc Stein] Houston Rockets could join Chris Bosh chase

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ctry2582, Jan 8, 2010.

1. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I have stuck up for him but could care less for green. There are several posters I look forward to reading, cab, durvasa, Bima, WG, CH, and moes to name a few. I know I have been here less than a year but it seems as tho people want to talk more about a certain person more than the team sometimes. That gets old to me. I am not saying this to choose sides, my side is talking about the Rockets. Sometimes people forget about that. When it's all in good fun that's cool, people will have their spouts, and that is understandable. Sometimes the verbal jabs back and forth are funny. This will def be the last post from me, I hope, about r****ded drama. Everyone should be here to talk about this team, to bad that's not always the case

2. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

Is this what we are looking at to get Bosh?

I read somewhere that we are offering a Non-Tmac trade for Bosh

The only thing that works for me if I'm Houston is...

Scola
    Ariza (or Battier, but I would rather give up ariza)
    Cook (Expiring)
    Jermaine Taylor
    1st round pick

for

Bosh
    Rasho N

If Tmac is included which I think he will...

Tmac
    Scola
    J Taylor
    1st round

for Bosh
    Marcus Banks
    Reggie Evans

Am I missing something or does it seem like we still don't have enough to get the guy?

3. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

You read it in the thread about it, 3 threads below this one!

4. sonique15

sonique15 Contributing Member

No need to make a new thread for this bud.....

5. CrazyJoeDavola

Link?

Otherwise, you are just making this up.

6. Slimjim19

Slimjim19 Member

You can probably read the 500+ reply thread about trading for Bosh on the same page.

7. Spooner

Spooner Member

I don't think the raptors would have any interest in Mcgrady's expiring, especially trading their own expiring in Bosh for him. I would also rather Battier be traded. I believe he will soon decline and now is the most value we can get for him. Ariza still has room to grow as much as I cant stand him currently. He is a young piece who would fit better with a young core of Brooks and bosh IMO

8. Spooner

Spooner Member

oops wrong thread lol

9. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

Did we get Bosh yet?

10. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

PATIENCE!!!! ;)

--RB

11. Cowboy_Bebop

Cowboy_Bebop Member

Raptors is a good team with a pathetic coaching and coaching staff. The team can't play defense.

12. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

I think the aspect that is being most overlooked here is the actual possibility of a follow-up McGrady trade.

I just can't see Daryl Morey gutting this roster (which is what it would take to land Bosh) unless he has been given clearance from Alexander to re-load through a McGrady trade. And if Stein is insisting that Morey is intent on making a Bosh push, the latter may have gotten a sense that something favorable can be had for McGrady.

Now naturally, many here have their reservations regarding Bosh and feel that he may not be worth the price of Landry and Brooks or that Landry may be nearly as good. What I have yet to see any mention of in this Landry-Bosh debate are the implications concerning the tax and McGrady.

Here is what I mean: The argument against Bosh has merit. While I disagree, it's possible that Landry and Brooks are a better value. What isn't being considered here is that the road to a McGrady trade goes through Les Alexander.

A McGrady trade for a significant talent just isn't possible without exceeding the tax limit.

I don't see Les Alexander signing off on say, an Iguodala/Dalembert package, if the rest of this core is the same. From a business-risk perspective, that team just isn't worth paying the luxury tax.

But if we're talking about a core of Yao, Bosh, and Iguodala, the latter two both still 25 - that nucleus, in concert with Morey's now proven ability to procure cheap assets, would almost surely be considered worth paying the tax.

Enabling the prospect of an actual return for Tracy McGrady alone makes a Bosh trade worthwhile, regardless of cost. Mark Stein's insistence makes me wonder if this course of action may indeed be the plan.

13. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

So, which comes first - or are we talking a if one/then the other scenario - assuming, of course, there is a Bosh deal to be had.

BTW - the roster cannot be gutted in the sense that Toronto only can field a max roster of 15. Currently they list 14. So, if it were Scola/Shane/Cook Cook could ostensibly be bought out/cut or maybe the deal gets cumbersomely huge.

14. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

You bring up a great point. I posted a hypothetical situation similar to this is post #297. Theres alot of ifs and whatnot, but with all the recent information it doesnt seem to be so far fetched.

I think there are a few questions and clues to look at here:

1.) Obviously the first one is, would the Raptors bite? Obviously I have no idea whats going on in thier front office and we can speculate all day but something I stumbled onto the other day peeked my interest. In Clutch's 1560 podcast

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?p=5019532#post5019532

he mentions at 6:45, that the Rockets had a deal lined up last year but they pulled out. This leads me to believe that YES Bosh is available and YES Toronto is interested in our pieces.

2.) Secondly, most of us assumed any Bosh trade starts with Tmac, but this article as you mention says it would likely be without Mac.

3.) Lastly, we go back to the intial Iggy rumors where Morey speaks of not taking back Dalembert and only Iggy if they are "knocked over with talent". Is he posturing? Does he come back at the deadline and say...okay we will do it with Dalembert, and Philly comes away thinking like they win. What if we had to toss in Budinger? I still think its worth it.

What I am saying is, not only do I think its possible, I think its possible without losing Brooks and Scola, and if that happens, man oh man, the city of Houston is in for a treat for the next 7 seven or so years.

15. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Couple of notes:
    1) I'd rather keep Landry over Scola, but really Bosh I believe is better than either one (right now), but I think Landry is gonna be a All-star level type player in a year or two (Amare clone likely).

2) I'm hoping we can somehow make it a 3 team trade. I think Iggy is overpaid, but Iggy + Bosh + Yao + Brooks + Ariza (here is is 5th option like in LA so he can shine in that role) would make for a scary scary starting lineup and if we can somehow keep Landry too, him being our 6th man would be super scary.

16. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I agree with you, I mistyped that last thought...should be:
    "without losing Brooks or Landry"

17. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

18. RocketGirl6

RocketGirl6 Member

I have to ask, why we ya'll even assuming we'll get him, all the article says is Houston could join the chase, I could win the lottery, "could" doesn't mean its going to happen. There are other teams in the league who he could get traded to also. Who knows if the Raptors actually want one of our players, they may want someone from another team they want, sorry but thats my two cents.

19. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I'm not really keen on Bosh,but it's going to be hard to get him here.
    You should post here more often. A heavy dose of reality is needed on the board.

20. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

[​IMG]

"Don't doubt me sister."