1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Marc Stein] Houston Rockets could join Chris Bosh chase

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ctry2582, Jan 8, 2010.

1. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Well of course their gonna gush over Brooks, like i said b/f right know his number are Inflated(b/c of the lack of scoring in the starting line up). Once you start putting score's in the starting line up via trades possibly Iguodala, Bosh, etc & Yao when he returns, we will no longer need his services as a scoring point, but instead would need a point that can set up plays for other and gets his teammates involve, and attack the basket occasionally, and Lowry is much better at that, then Brooks IMO......

But of course your'e going to disagree with that, and thats okay, we can just agree to disagree ;)

--RB

2. jopatmc

jopatmc Contributing Member

In Adelman's system, if we can come up with a playmaker at the 2, such as Kevin Martin/Andre Iguodala, all it is going to do is create more space for Brooks to become more dominant. We need floor spreaders who can shoot the long ball and dribble drive and finish. Once we get a floor spreader that can both shoot and drive.........and has the ability to create off the dribble..........which we are lacking right now, then Brooks is going to be even more trouble to deal with. Brooks will be an even more effective when he receives the ball from the creator. That is why the halfcourt potential of Brooks and McGrady..........which we unfortunately never got to see, was something that I was screaming for in Brooks' rookie season. Brooks is a much better player with other scorers on the court. And that is the type of team Morey/Adelman are building. They want floor spreaders that can shoot and finish on the perimeter. They NEED one perimeter guy that can create. They want one post presence and a 4/5 that can either shoot or post up effectively.

3. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

Are you saying it takes a little more after noon to get into all 22?

4. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Ah, and the hits just keep on coming, here is the actual full thread.

Here is a link to the full thread for context

And, please note the apology.

In this post

I will accept yours now.

DD

#484 DaDakota, Jan 9, 2010
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2010
  5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

To be fair, he said "time out." Having said that, scepticism is rampant here when someone without a history claims to know something, fair or not. I've certainly been doubtful about posts of that nature, unless I've heard of the guy, and frequently even then. Having said that, I think DD gets obsessed with players beyond the typical interest a fan has. That's just the way he is. I'm more bothered by how he keeps publically throwing "reps" around, like he is King Croesus of Lydia. I prefer to do that stuff privately, which I think is a better idea. It keeps the puppies at bay.

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

Completely agree with all of that. I'd take CP3 first if we could get him even though PG is a strong suit. However, very unlikely imo they trade him.

So then you move onto the net big fish out there. Is Bosh that guy? Yet to be seen.

And lastly, yes a SG. We need one badly.

-Not sure about Martin. His health concerns me. I want someone I know who can stay healthy and play. Not "Well he is good IF he is healthy." We already went that route and didnt work out too well.

-As for Iguodala, I like him but not sure he is the guy if he is the only one you are aquiring.(Unless you were to aquire a Bosh or some other big name, and then also trade for an Iguodala or someone like that who can be the piece to a puzzle. But Iguodala + Yao + role players, not sure if that will work out. Sounds good but not sure it would work.)

Yes I'm being a bit picky and would essentially like to see a "Big 3" but unlikely. We shall wait and see.

7. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I think things should be open in rep, why hide? Since it is a personal choice, I guess we disagree....we have spoken about it in the proper forum, why bring it up here?

Makes no sense.....

As for the rest, there are a few people that take every chance they can to poke at me...but I am Ironman......I swat them away like the little flies they are.....

:grin:

Maybe I should make a DDingleberries list....

DD

8. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

You haven't noticed instances of members sucking up to you in hopes of getting your "largess?"

9. wallyj12

wallyj12 Member

Just a heads up, you posted the same link and it's to the first page of a 23 page thread which your not even on

10. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

Who doesn't want Chris Bosh? This thread is just pointing out the obvious.......the Rockets have nobody with a huge upside, there are no franchise players other than Yao Ming. Houston will not be Toronto's trade partner, IMHO.

11. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Fixed it was on page 22.

And why would making something public change all that? And I don't care.

DD

12. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

That's why one should just skip over those kinds of posts until more concrete evidence comes in.

DD is a great poster, but I'm just not fond of him trying to police the boards as he is also (sometimes) the source of chaos around here.

1 person likes this.
  13. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Some people tend to fall in love with players and ignore all thier faults because they when they watch them play it gives them a sense of euphoria beyond what comes just from winning. (cough*DD*cough) We saw this alot with Artest who some people still claim as the reason we got in the second round, despite his horrendus playoff performance.

Others always seems to think the grass is always greener on the other side. Our players are never good enough, and every loss is automatically on them no matter what (cough*Leeb*cough)

I think this is one of those times where people need to understand how good of a player Bosh is and what he can bring to this team. We all love the 09-10 Rockets because of all the heart, but when an opportunity like this comes, you take it.

14. RocketGirl6

RocketGirl6 Member

If anyone has the insider access from ESPN, there's another article on where Bosh could land, I don't have one, so not sure what's exactly written, just a heads up

15. Pete Chilcutt

Pete Chilcutt Contributing Member

Wait so AB AND Landry don't have upside?

I would never trade both of them in a deal for Bosh, but I thought this comment was a little absurd. AB and Landry I think still have plenty of upside.

16. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Oh, I freely admit that I get into the muck and swing with the best of them.

But I try to do it in a mostly respectful manner.

To me, we should try to keep it away from the personal stuff......

DD

17. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

Great post. People have their own opinion on Bosh, but when Morey sees something in the guy, I'll have a hard time debating it.

Morey is reportedly willing to trade for Bosh without a guarantee of him signing an extension. If that doesn't tell you what Morey thinks of Bosh, I don't know what will.

18. paul g

paul g Contributing Member

Just as long as we sure up our PG spot after trading Brooks. Who would we trade for to take his spot?Presumably lowry would start but who to back him up?

19. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

I think that means that Morey believes that he'll resign with us. If we trade one of our key players (Brooks or Landry) and he bolts next season it would be a huge blunder.

20. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

I dont see anything that hasnt already been posted.